Home Match Day Thread 20/02/2024 L1: OUFC v Northampton Town

Who was your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No Goodwin starting n again only on the bench, how long before heโ€™s fit to start?
I think big guys always take longer to get sharpness back. We looked better on Sat when he came on as we changed our shape but I thought he personally was way off it still. So better he comes on later in the game rather than start.

Right... lets try a 0-0-10 formation and see how we get on.
10-9 to the yellows ๐Ÿ‘

Or possibly 3-0 ๐Ÿ™

That team is utter utter madness.

Iโ€™ve been firmly sticking up for Des the last few weeks in response to people questioning him but even Iโ€™m scratching my head at that tonight.

Hoping we win but a feeling this is gonna go horribly wrong.

My best guess is Rodrigues is dropping into a 2 man midfield with Cam. Leigh left wing, Murphy right and Bodin as a 10. Whatever it is it looks like it's got the potential to be overrun, Rodrigues works hard but I don't know if tracking runners is going to be a strong point and it certainly isn't for Brannagan. We'll see.

This has been hit and miss for me, but def got it to work a couple of times
Iโ€™ve no idea whether itโ€™s due to what Telly I use or if a copyright is causing it not work.
I now just watch it on the internet on my smart tv.
Maybe someone more savvy can help you out! Good luck
My wife uses her Samsung and we transfer it to our smart tv and just hope no one rings us but I canโ€™t use my iPhone for the same operation.

Last edited:
Maybe this is the Des formation and style heโ€™s been wanting to play since he came in? Heโ€™s finally thought Iโ€™m just gonna do it and go for it!

If not then WTF? ๐Ÿ˜‚

It will be interesting to see how that formation works. At least we know that Des isn't averse to making early changes if required. Looks like a bit of a gamble to me but what do I know.

My best guess is Rodrigues is dropping into a 2 man midfield with Cam. Leigh left wing, Murphy right and Bodin as a 10. Whatever it is it looks like it's got the potential to be overrun, Rodrigues works hard but I don't know if tracking runners is going to be a strong point and it certainly isn't for Brannagan. We'll see.
Think itโ€™s a head scratcher for us all but itโ€™s pretty concerning to have gone and spent a few quid on a winger and a striker (noting Harris can play wide) and yet it looks likely that a full back finds himself on the wingโ€ฆ all while another winger, a very promising one, plunges in to obscurityโ€ฆ

Never like to say the managerโ€™s lost the plot with his selection until full time because it may yet be genius but itโ€™s certainly a bold selection.

Last edited:
Should be fit for Blackpool away Baz!
A bit different to what Buckingham said that he would be back at the end of the month, thatโ€™s January not flaming February.
I was confident of a win tonight now Iโ€™m not to sure.
I
Was going but alas Mrs Bazzer has had to go to the hospital so Iโ€™m sat here not to bothered that Iโ€™m missing tonight.

Bizarre line up, but hope to be proved wrong. Des will be on the receiving end of some pelters if this goes wrong, fingers crossed it doesnโ€™t!

Heart says 3-1 head says 2-2.

The only possible explanation for Burey not being in the squad is heโ€™s injured or thereโ€™s been a falling out, because on performances alone heโ€™s been better than Dale, so far.

Got to say this looks like more muddled thinking from Des, a strange formation with players in positions which arenโ€™t their best - but if it gets a win, fair play to him. If we donโ€™t beat this lot though then Iโ€™m afraid the blame is squarely at his doorโ€ฆ

I want a little attitude to be honest. Performances have been lame. We need to start performing with grit and gusto.
I only said that because Iโ€™m sure I read that when we were looking at him in last summers transfer window

Back
Top Bottom