Home Match Day Thread 20/02/2024 L1: OUFC v Northampton Town

Who was your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Played well.
Unbelievable that we can be playing two left backs and concede space like that down our left.
We’ll win this.
Agreed but surely Long and Negru should challenge the Northampton player who headed in. It was too easy.

Agree Rodrigues is not involved. I would like another centre mid on the pitch asap. Bring on Goodwin too after 60 mins , Leigh to LB and hook Bennnett.

Matete for Bodin, please. Tyler will come on at some point and we should have more than enough to see them off.

They’re basically playing a very rigid 4411 and going man for man. No surprise our best moments have come when players have drifted out of position and disrupted that shape - Murphy coming inside and Long overlapping on the right. Incredibly frustrating goal to give away but they’ve otherwise offered absolutely nothing. Still goals in this for us.

They’re basically playing a very rigid 4411 and going man for man. No surprise our best moments have come when players have drifted out of position and disrupted that shape - Murphy coming inside and Long overlapping on the right. Incredibly frustrating goal to give away but they’ve otherwise offered absolutely nothing. Still goals in this for us.
To be fair, while slow and ponderous at times, we have got behind them about five times, just that final ball.

2 out 13 successful crosses.

Mix of not the best of crosses and also forwards not getting into the right place - even though there were enough getting into the box.

Agreed but surely Long and Negru should challenge the Northampton player who headed in. It was too easy.

Agree Rodrigues is not involved. I would like another centre mid on the pitch asap. Bring on Goodwin too after 60 mins , Leigh to LB and hook Bennnett.
Not Long's man - can't blame him for that. Negru missed the header (but it was a superb cross)

Attack of the Light Brigade in the first 10 minutes, and we're trying our best to press them after that died down. It's just a silly ball that undoes us again, any footballer knows not to play that pass from a defensive press...amateur hour stuff from Bodin.

I like Leigh further up the pitch but no point in whipping in crosses if there's nobody near the end of them.

Still going to win this, COYY

Arguably our best outlet when he’s played. Breezes past fullbacks which is something we need in a side that can’t pass it’s way to goal. Strange unless it’s enforced.
Got to say I'm not sure how good he is. Electric pace which is handy but pretty timid if he doesn't have space to run into. Worth a spot on the bench though.

Murphy the best player on the pitch.

We’ve battered them but couldn’t get that second goal.

Stupid mistake for their goal - they didn’t offer anything apart from that really, a poor and limited side, I can see why they are on a poor run.

We should really win this if we keep passing the ball and avoid aimlessly hoofing it.

Come on Oxford. It was a good start and we need to win this. We don't need another draw

Back
Top Bottom