Home Match Day Thread 28/09/2021 L1: OUFC v Accrington Stanley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you, it’s crazy to me though that given their respective recent performances for us, if Winnall was fit he’d probably be rotated in for Taylor, but Agyei won’t. Madness
A lot of people seem to think Agyei is probably not up to it.
Many think he is excellent.
He is a player that certainly divides opinion massively

Winnall is past it, but still knows how to play and can contribute. Aygei has had numerous chances, and does not look to be L1 standard
Winnall contributes less than Agyei (when comparing both player’s starts at central striker)

I’d argue that it is in fact Winnall who has had numerous chances. He’s certainly had a lot more starts as a central striker than Agyei has.

Let’s play Winnall out wide and see how he does shall we?

REF WATCH :

Shropshire based Rob Lewis, 52 takes charge of tonight’s match v Accrington Stanley.
Last season Lewis took charge of 30 EFL matches issuing 82 yellow cards and 4 reds.
Appointed to the National List in 2005, his first Oxford game was in March 2006 - a 0-0 draw at Notts Co.

LAST FEW OXFORD UTD GAMES :

April 17th 2021 - Oxford Utd 3-2 Gillingham
October 31st 2020 - Fleetwood Town 2-0 Oxford Utd
September 14th 2019 - Oxford Utd 3-0 Tranmere Rovers
September 29th 2018 - AFC Wimbledon 2-1 Oxford Utd
March 17th 2018 - Oxford Utd 2-1 Peterboro’ Utd
January 20th 2018 - Oxford Utd 1-2 Bury
December 23rd 2017 - Oxford Utd 0-7 Wigan Athletic

DMHsVe3XcAAL8zw

A lot of people seem to think Agyei is probably not up to it.
Many think he is excellent.
He is a player that certainly divides opinion massively
The problem is, I (and others) have no idea how good Agyei really is, as nobody has ever seen him have a proper run of games, except for the end of last season, when he did have a little run of of games, either from the start or 20-30 mins off the bench, and he was excellent, scored goals and looked really dangerous.

But he does seem to fade badly after 20-30mins when starting games, and is that due to him simply not being a 90 minute player at the moment, due to not being able to get used to playing for longer periods in games? Maybe.

Or is he simply not mature and professional enough to maintain discipline, form or concentration for long enough periods in games, and what with KR knowing this due to working with him everyday, he’s being left out? Maybe.

Who knows, and I’ve been beating the “Give Agyei a chance” drum for a long time now, but I’m starting to resign myself to the fact that he’s not in KR plans going forward, and will be moving on at the end of the season, possibly even in January.

We’ll probably only know if Robbo was right or wrong about Dan Agyei, once he moves to another club, and we see how he does there…

Weather is looking like it’s going to be abit s**t tonight could there be less than 6000 there

Back tonight having missed last two home games
Stanley are well organised and although we will have plenty of possession the old failings will come back to haunt us and we won’t capitalise whilst on top in first half when leading
Accy score from corner/ free kick and then score breakaway goal at the death
1 2

Weather is looking like it’s going to be abit s**t tonight could there be less than 6000 there

I think this could be the case unfortunately. 😣 Was it 6500 on Saturday? As with the weather, being a midweek fixture not so many folk would bring their kids, chumpions league on the box 🙄

They always count & assume all the ST holders attend. Lots of them were not there last Saturday so I reckon it could well be sub 6K tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom