General 30/03/2023 - KPC meeting

Wow, scandalous stuff. The politics surrounding this issue has gotten really murky lately.

FoSB as professional progress stoppers really do know how to play the system.

Any poll is irrelevant. KPC have no more influence on the outcome of a planning application than you or I. A parish council's comments, good or bad, carry the same weight as a comment from any member of the public - wherever they might reside.....

Is the meeting over? It's way past my bedtime, and I really need my beauty sleep.

Can OxVox fund the Yes campaign?

We're going to need leaflets sharpish, you can bet FoSB have already started their campaign.

The fact that Robey made the statement at the start of the evening, saying that this is a meeting with no vote, is where he's really shot himself in the foot.

He clearly knew of FOSB's intention, as he had the list of 20 names. I'll have to take his word for the fact that it's their legal right, and he had to keep it secret (although f**k knows why anyone should believe a word that comes out of his mouth!).

But, with that knowledge he should not have said that it was a meeting with no vote. He did not have to say that. He lied, no one made him lie, he chose to make that statement of there not being a vote, he is a disgrace.

I hope three things now happen:

1 - The club send Robey a serious legal letter telling him in no uncertain terms that they will not work with KPC while he's chairman.
2 - This gets PROPERLY reported by the local media and the undecided of Kidlington realise they've been lied to and used by a small group of Nimbys.
3 - All of us, whether residents or not, go door knocking in Kidlington and canvass the hell out of the place and make sure we give FOSB and Robey a bloody nose at their irrelevant poll.

FoSB have opened a can of worms for KPC tonight, at 7k a pop and only needing 10 signatures to make it happen, those Parish polls could be costly and embarrassing if say, they have to have polls on whether the KPC chairs position is untenable etc.

The fact that Robey made the statement at the start of the evening, saying that this is a meeting with no vote, is where he's really shot himself in the foot.

He clearly knew of FOSB's intention, as he had the list of 20 names. I'll have to take his word for the fact that it's their legal right, and he had to keep it secret (although f**k knows why anyone should believe a word that comes out of his mouth!).

But, with that knowledge he should not have said that it was a meeting with no vote. He did not have to say that. He lied, no one made him lie, he chose to make that statement of there not being a vote, he is a disgrace.

I hope three things now happen:

1 - The club send Robey a serious legal letter telling him in no uncertain terms that they will not work with KPC while he's chairman.
2 - This gets PROPERLY reported by the local media and the undecided of Kidlington realise they've been lied to and used by a small group of Nimbys.
3 - All of us, whether residents or not, go door knocking in Kidlington and canvass the hell out of the place and make sure we give FOSB and Robey a bloody nose at their irrelevant poll.
I’m posting on Social Media.

Was the Oxford Mail in attendance?

Are we supposed to believe the outcome of any poll when KPC have already colluded with FoSB?

Back
Top Bottom