National News Boris Johnson

So there will be a vote on the findings shortly.
Other than Rees- Mogg, who will vote for Boris? Let's hope it is very few from the Tories- he should never be allowed back in Parliament.

What is Nadine Dorries playing at. She resigned with immediate effect- but now hasnt?

Other than Rees- Mogg, who will vote for Boris? Let's hope it is very few from the Tories- he should never be allowed back in Parliament.

What is Nadine Dorries playing at. She resigned with immediate effect- but now hasnt?
I'm sure Sir Wiggy Fabricant will be putting his hand up amongst the quickly diminishing fanbase.

That's a proper foot stamping tantrum from Dorries. It's her sense of entitlement that gets me - she thinks she should have a peerage as a long standing MP and because she was a minister during Covid, nothing to do with what she might have done to actually deserve it.

On the basis that as an ex PM future potential earnings are significantly enhanced (Boris has earned about £6 mil since leaving office), why the fcuk is the tax payer still picking up access to a £115k annual allowance plus all the other guff….

Something else in the long long list of perks that just boils my P**s.

What perks will Boris Johnson get after quitting as an MP? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65890193

I'm sure Sir Wiggy Fabricant will be putting his hand up amongst the quickly diminishing fanbase.

That's a proper foot stamping tantrum from Dorries. It's her sense of entitlement that gets me - she thinks she should have a peerage as a long standing MP and because she was a minister during Covid, nothing to do with what she might have done to actually deserve it.

Fabricant has been spotted out whilst the Wig has a break:

We'll soon find out Johnson's remaining supporters and the likely split of MPs for the continued Tory infighting.

On the basis that as an ex PM future potential earnings are significantly enhanced (Boris has earned about £6 mil since leaving office), why the fcuk is the tax payer still picking up access to a £115k annual allowance plus all the other guff….

What perks will Boris Johnson get after quitting as an MP? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65890193
Blair is another beneficiary of that payment, in spite of the fortune he has also made in the private sector.

And remember this when you're told a Chief Executive of a large, complex public organisation shouldn't be paid more than the PM. The true renumeration of a PM is far larger than the 'salary' quoted when the value of all perks are added in. And I'm not necessarily saying all Public sector CEs are worth their salary but I am saying not all PMs are worth theirs!

Was Boris pleading poverty.....again?
"The Cabinet Office made the decision to cover Mr Johnson's legal costs for the inquiry last year, when he was still prime minister.
The government has sought to justify the decision by claiming there is a precedent for supporting former ministers with legal representation.
But the government has not been able to name a single example of a former minister receiving taxpayer-funded legal support for a parliamentary inquiry.
The BBC has spoken to two former ministers who were investigated by MPs for misleading Parliament and were not given legal support.
The former Labour MP and transport secretary, Stephen Byers, was not offered legal support when he faced a four-month inquiry in 2005.
Nor was the former Labour MP and paymaster general, Geoffrey Robinson, who was found to have "inadvertently" misled MPs in 2001.
In a response to a parliamentary question this week, Cabinet Office minister Jeremy Quin defended the decision to pay Mr Johnson's legal costs.
He said the principle "can also be applied to parliamentary inquiries, where it relates to one's conduct as minister of the Crown".
But Mr Quin provided no examples of former ministers having their legal bills covered for parliamentary inquiries."

So they made something up and it has cost us £245000.

Maybe she should have organised a bring your own booze piss-up during the height of lockdown.

As long as Truss gets all the perks enjoyed by the average ex-PM I’ll be happy.

She might have been beaten by a lettuce by but Christ she had quite the bender. She’s earned every penny.

I see Dorries is going the full Trump "Republican In Name Only" attack mode. She has said any MP that backs the report is "fundamentally not a Conservative" and should be deselected.
She has also not a actually resigned despite her massive flounce saying she was.

I see Dorries is going the full Trump "Republican In Name Only" attack mode. She has said any MP that backs the report is "fundamentally not a Conservative" and should be deselected.
She has also not a actually resigned despite her massive flounce saying she was.

She's doing an excellent impression of a toddler.

She's doing an excellent impression of a toddler.
That seems to be a common reaction of these people. Johnson has also been lying (again!) on the floor waving his legs about saying 'It's not fair!" and Trump is aghast that anyone can actually have the temerity to question his absolute right to do whatever he wants. If people keep voting for self aggrandising no-marks with 'personality' and nothing else, that's what we are going to get.

That seems to be a common reaction of these people. Johnson has also been lying (again!) on the floor waving his legs about saying 'It's not fair!" and Trump is aghast that anyone can actually have the temerity to question his absolute right to do whatever he wants. If people keep voting for self aggrandising no-marks with 'personality' and nothing else, that's what we are going to get.
And people buy it. A large % of people believe that Boris and Trump are the victims of 'deep state' conspiracies.

Indeed, and the 'deep state' has amazing powers. It can make you lie constantly, be unfaithful, keep classified documents in your garage, sexually molest women and constantly look like a buffoon. Incredible!

• React
Reactions: QR
And people buy it. A large % of people believe that Boris and Trump are the victims of 'deep state' conspiracies.
Compared to them the ‘deep state’ is presumably a bunch of sensible moderates who like the odd beer and some telly .

Absolutely pathetic isn't it.
I am surprised that more hasn't been made of 3 ( or 2) resigning. Surely the electorate has voted them in for 5 years and they should stay? Pretty unethical to resign because Boris has been thrown out?
Labour should get in at the next election. Let's see if they tighten up all of these loopholes and seriously try and stop some if this behavior

Back
Top Bottom