General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
DE made money from the club by taking us up a league and profiting from an effective transfer model. He was then able to sell to those able to finance the club to the next level. And all of this was without having a stadium or access to the normal revenue funds that other clubs have.

The ambition from the board is, as so many keep repeating, to be a top 30 club. That means an established Championship club with hopes to go further. That would bring in average attendance figures of around 15k in a new stadium, with all the additional matchday revenue. Add in retail, leisure and hotel facilities and you're looking at a decent return without factoring in what happens on the pitch.

Rob Dickie is a perfect example of how you can do the transfer model on steroids once you're in the Championship. Rather than selling Dickie and Atkinson for £2m, we could be the clubs buying at these kind of prices and selling for 10 fold that. Throw in the TV revenue, advertising and wider global interest in the far east and the business model is clear for all (or at least most) to see.
Of course if it was that easy everyone would do it, particularly the bigger and better known clubs in our league. And don’t give me that thing about Oxford being known in the East because of school books.

Of course if it was that easy everyone would do it, particularly the bigger and better known clubs in our league. And don’t give me that thing about Oxford being known in the East because of school books.

Good job they have experience of planning and building a stadium like we’re hoping for then. And that they’re billionaires.

And are you seriously suggesting that Oxford isn’t known globally?! If only the University had done something in the last 18 months to add to its previous 900 years of international prestige.

Not saying it will all come together, but we’ve got just as much a chance as you could hope for.

1. No one said it was easy, but the business model on transfers speaks for itself. Bigger and better (?) clubs can find the next Dickie, Brannagan, Whyte, Bsptiste, Atkinson, McNally etc. They can develop their youth players and put trust in the likes of Stevens who is already worth a few quid, or LCP, Johnson, O'Donker, Goodrham etc and give them game time. Anyone can do this, but we're doing it as well as anyone and better than the vast majority.

2. There's no question over the abilities to finance the club better if we own and control our stadium, and all the associated businesses that come with it.

3. Oxford are owned by Far East business men who have access to huge media streams in that region. We are known for the universities and global learning, but a successful club with the right promotion has the opportunity to develop a significantly greater global image and the money that comes with that.

Good job they have experience of planning and building a stadium like we’re hoping for then. And that they’re billionaires.

And are you seriously suggesting that Oxford isn’t known globally?! If only the University had done something in the last 18 months to add to its previous 900 years of international prestige.

Not saying it will all come together, but we’ve got just as much a chance as you could hope for.
Yes we have a chance of course. Other clubs have already got decent grounds. I don’t think being known for education will encourage anyone to watch the football team.

I have little doubt in what you have posted from a business perspective.
However "they" just seem to have forgotten "us", the supporters, from those who have just started to those with 50+ years under their belt.
Maybe we don`t matter? Maybe we are just a revenue stream whose loyalty to the club is to be exploited?
End of the day if we just ping pong around in League 1 there isn`t much potential return for them, stadia or not....... the only time folk have ever made money from the club it's always been at the expense of others or the club itself.
I don’t understand why you seem to think they have forgotten the supporters??

They’re in the process of financing and negotiating some pretty major business, that is going to help our club progress in ways it never has before, but these processes and negotiations take time, and are very delicate and finely balanced.

They’re probably legally bound to confidentiality over certain things, and will be understandably playing their cards close to their chests on other things, and are hardly going to give us a running commentary of proceedings are they?

I’d imagine most teams who have gone through the same transitions as ours have gone through the same drawn out process, whilst being bound by a lot of confidentiality clauses.

It’s frustrating, but surely understandable?

The board and Robbo have assured fans again and again that they’re working hard behind the scenes, and are excited by what the future holds for the club and fans, and it’s down to the fans to be patient, and trust what they’re doing.

If it all falls apart, and comes to nothing, then that’s a bridge for us to cross if and when that happens, but in the meantime, the focus of the fans should be on the team and the results on the pitch.

The rest will (hopefully) take care of itself.

Eggy I love your passion for OUFC. I love your optimism, but for us mere mortals it’s like being a kid on Xmas eve watching a clock that has stopped. I really hope what your saying comes to fruition. Guess I’ll have to keep watching that stopped clock. Keeping the faith. COYY

Eggy I love your passion for OUFC. I love your optimism, but for us mere mortals it’s like being a kid on Xmas eve watching a clock that has stopped. I really hope what your saying comes to fruition. Guess I’ll have to keep watching that stopped clock. Keeping the faith. COYY
Xmas eve has gone on forever, and I totally understand why so many are frustrated by the delay. But Christmas is coming and I think we'll all get the presents we want!

To be fair I’ve never looked at Harvard and thought “if only they had an nfl team I’d be able to support”

Of course if it was that easy everyone would do it, particularly the bigger and better known clubs in our league.
Not easy but as a club oufc are doing it far better than most in this league.
I don’t understand why you seem to think they have forgotten the supporters??

They’re in the process of financing and negotiating some pretty major business, that is going to help our club progress in ways it never has before, but these processes and negotiations take time, and are very delicate and finely balanced.

They’re probably legally bound to confidentiality over certain things, and will be understandably playing their cards close to their chests on other things, and are hardly going to give us a running commentary of proceedings are they?

I’d imagine most teams who have gone through the same transitions as ours have gone through the same drawn out process, whilst being bound by a lot of confidentiality clauses.

It’s frustrating, but surely understandable?

The board and Robbo have assured fans again and again that they’re working hard behind the scenes, and are excited by what the future holds for the club and fans, and it’s down to the fans to be patient, and trust what they’re doing.

If it all falls apart, and comes to nothing, then that’s a bridge for us to cross if and when that happens, but in the meantime, the focus of the fans should be on the team and the results on the pitch.

The rest will (hopefully) take care of itself.
Stop those sensible posts!

Who ever heard of Brentford? The things in our favour are being in a wealthy area and being well managed, with the ability to spot and develop players.

I suppose being of a certain age I can happily say "Been there done that" and I`m glad that we got in League 1 (aka the Prem) when we did.

Since then the top end of the game has been engulfed and swallowed by the whole corporate machine because that is how business works.

And doubtless, the game will get passed out the other end when it has been rinsed for as much ££££`s as possible.

Progress eh? The chances of us being a "Top 30 club" for any sustained period of time? Slim.

Folk happily quote Brentford....... when we are sharing a league with the likes of Sheff Weds, Bolton, Portsmouth, Ipswich, Wigan & Charlton....... many "big" clubs that have reached for the sun and got toasted.

Surely success on the pitch comes first, and we are only flirting with playoffs with any consistency of late.

To be fair I’ve never looked at Harvard and thought “if only they had an nfl team I’d be able to support”
Harvard is in Boston, the New England Patriots play there I believe.

I think Bakrie's statement that he hopes to have it done by the end of the window was him issuing a deadline to Tiger or him saying if he himself can't find time by then it's off.

Harvard is in Boston, the New England Patriots play there I believe.

I think Bakrie's statement that he hopes to have it done by the end of the window was him issuing a deadline to Tiger or him saying if he himself can't find time by then it's off.

Patriots are based in Foxborough Mass but of course there are Boston Red Sox baseball team.
It is certainly physically very difficult to move between Uk and Thailand at present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom