General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably just going by what Bakrie said on Radio Oxford.

It is starting to annoy me now that tjey aren't just announcing it. It's quite clear they've taken over.
Care to elaborate? I only listen if there's football on

Just waiting for the final planning application for our fantastic new stadium to be approved in the next few days and all will be announced in one big fanfare….. Obvs

Maybe this is a sign of things to come? The new guys are extremely busy people with more important things to do so OUFC are well down their to-do list and they'll get to it as and when they can.

But the longer they take, the more money they will lose to Kassam. Once that licence ends on the stadium we will be in a difficult situation unless Kassam is willing to negotiate. If it comes to it and Kassam says an extra 25 years or nothing then the club could be in a Coventry situation where we will have to move to a ground share. Who ever or what ever is holding this takeover up needs to step aside as this is probably the most important time of the clubs future since the SOS days in the 90s. I just hope Erick , Bakrie, Hoarse don't get bored of waiting and pull the plug as then we could be in real danger.

But the longer they take, the more money they will lose to Kassam. Once that licence ends on the stadium we will be in a difficult situation unless Kassam is willing to negotiate. If it comes to it and Kassam says an extra 25 years or nothing then the club could be in a Coventry situation where we will have to move to a ground share. Who ever or what ever is holding this takeover up needs to step aside as this is probably the most important time of the clubs future since the SOS days in the 90s. I just hope Erick , Bakrie, Hoarse don't get bored of waiting and pull the plug as then we could be in real danger.

I`m sure those of the rose tinted spectacles will be along to berate you shortly and to say we will never reach that point.........................

Maybe this is a sign of things to come? The new guys are extremely busy people with more important things to do so OUFC are well down their to-do list and they'll get to it as and when they can.
Are you seriously suggesting that these people would go to the trouble of buying a football club, that's in debt, who rent a run down, barely fit for purpose stadium, with the lease running down on it, in a country over the other side of the world, and then to have to go through all the hassle of stringent FA and EFL checks, if they were just gonna put it well down their list of priorities, and just get to it as and when they can??

I assume you're kidding?

These are big fish, with major wealth, and a history of owning big clubs, and building stadiums, and are clearly very driven and successful, and I simply can't imagine they'd be here, and increasing their stake in our little club, unless they had some major plans, that were already well under way, with plenty of things already agreed and in place.

It's taking a long time, but these kinds of things do, as there's lot's of moving parts, planning and legal shenanigans to take care of, but as things stand, we've heard nothing to suggest that things have taken a turn for the worse, so I'm still quietly and patiently waiting for the big news to drop!

But sooner rather than later would be nice!

Are you seriously suggesting that these people would go to the trouble of buying a football club, that's in debt, who rent a run down, barely fit for purpose stadium, with the lease running down on it, in a country over the other side of the world, and then to have to go through all the hassle of stringent FA and EFL checks, if they were just gonna put it well down their list of priorities, and just get to it as and when they can??

I assume you're kidding?

These are big fish, with major wealth, and a history of owning big clubs, and building stadiums, and are clearly very driven and successful, and I simply can't imagine they'd be here, and increasing their stake in our little club, unless they had some major plans, that were already well under way, with plenty of things already agreed and in place.

It's taking a long time, but these kinds of things do, as there's lot's of moving parts, planning and legal shenanigans to take care of, but as things stand, we've heard nothing to suggest that things have taken a turn for the worse, so I'm still quietly and patiently waiting for the big news to drop!

But sooner rather than later would be nice!

I have little doubt in what you have posted from a business perspective.
However "they" just seem to have forgotten "us", the supporters, from those who have just started to those with 50+ years under their belt.
Maybe we don`t matter? Maybe we are just a revenue stream whose loyalty to the club is to be exploited?
End of the day if we just ping pong around in League 1 there isn`t much potential return for them, stadia or not....... the only time folk have ever made money from the club it's always been at the expense of others or the club itself.

I have little doubt in what you have posted from a business perspective.
However "they" just seem to have forgotten "us", the supporters, from those who have just started to those with 50+ years under their belt.
Maybe we don`t matter? Maybe we are just a revenue stream whose loyalty to the club is to be exploited?
End of the day if we just ping pong around in League 1 there isn`t much potential return for them, stadia or not....... the only time folk have ever made money from the club it's always been at the expense of others or the club itself.

DE made money from the club by taking us up a league and profiting from an effective transfer model. He was then able to sell to those able to finance the club to the next level. And all of this was without having a stadium or access to the normal revenue funds that other clubs have.

The ambition from the board is, as so many keep repeating, to be a top 30 club. That means an established Championship club with hopes to go further. That would bring in average attendance figures of around 15k in a new stadium, with all the additional matchday revenue. Add in retail, leisure and hotel facilities and you're looking at a decent return without factoring in what happens on the pitch.

Rob Dickie is a perfect example of how you can do the transfer model on steroids once you're in the Championship. Rather than selling Dickie and Atkinson for £2m, we could be the clubs buying at these kind of prices and selling for 10 fold that. Throw in the TV revenue, advertising and wider global interest in the far east and the business model is clear for all (or at least most) to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom