International News Covid-19 .....

And there lies the real issue with you.

None of this is really about jabs is it? If it was, you would have been on here praising the government for how well the roll out was going when other countries were really struggling. If you did indeed praise the government at any point for this, then I stand corrected, please feel free to repost it here.

So instead, you wait for other countries to catch up (which is great for them and the rest of the world, by the way) to then have yet another negative dig and continue your constant bile.

None of this is about anything other than your hatred of a conservative government.

This role out has been incredible and the work put in by so many has been immense. Why suddenly do you see it as a failure ?

You are such a prick at times.
I've praised the phenomenal achievement of the NHS and the army of volunteers. I've even praised the lead Tory minister ffs!
I was impressed by the Vaccine minister Nadhim Zahawi on the BBC this morning ring. He seemed completely on top of his brief.

(There, I've said it.😁)

And there lies the real issue with you.

None of this is really about jabs is it? If it was, you would have been on here praising the government for how well the roll out was going when other countries were really struggling. If you did indeed praise the government at any point for this, then I stand corrected, please feel free to repost it here.

So instead, you wait for other countries to catch up (which is great for them and the rest of the world, by the way) to then have yet another negative dig and continue your constant bile.

None of this is about anything other than your hatred of a conservative government.

This role out has been incredible and the work put in by so many has been immense. Why suddenly do you see it as a failure ?

You are such a prick at times.
At times???

I've praised the phenomenal achievement of the NHS and the army of volunteers. I've even praised the lead Tory minister ffs!

Who are still very much involved in the vaccine program, working incredibly hard, and who you are now being critical of???

Couldn't bring yourself to praise the government for their part though could you?

I am sure they will be delighted that you feel this way.

Last edited:
Who are still very much involved in the vaccine program, working incredibly hard, and who you are now being critical of???

Couldn't bring yourself to praise the government for their part though could you?

I am sure they will be delighted that you feel this way.
You are just blatantly lying now. I've criticised Johnson ...

Have a go at me if you like but only is you actually read my posts.
And about the only thing we got a head start on other countries on we're now falling behind. I'm sure in your mind the apathy for the jab amongst a significant minority of 18 to 30 year old has nothing to do with 'Freedom Day' and the impression that Johnson wants to give that is all over, which was all that those who were wavering needed to give the jab a miss. Mixed messages because he wants too be like.

Just another thing to add to his complete mismanagement of the pandemic.

Remember Johnson saying 'We'll beat this thing in 12 week' then 'it will be over by Christmas'? Seriously, what a t**t.

He claimed to be following the science but the scientists said close down in the last week in September but he waiting for the second wave to be in full flow before he closed in early November therefore requiring a longer lockdown, which he then max out by allowing Christmas gatherings again against scientific advise.

But you continue to blindly support the worse Prime Minister we've every had.

I utterly utterly utterly hate this government with every fibre of my being.

On the vaccine rollout, they and the NHS have done an utterly incredible job. Regardless of numbers now, they got the right people involved, mobilised, and delivered.

Covid: Germany fears thousands got saline, not vaccine from nurse https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-58186032

Less vaccinated than originally thought.
That is actually one of the most appalling things ive ever read. What an utter, utter t**t.

Im in favour of free speech and personal choice. You do not force (literally) your opinion and beliefs on others risking their lives.

A life jail term.

Closing borders, slower vaccination pace.... working well.....

Slower vacc yes, but the cause of this has been late and incomplete lockdown. They could have shut Bondi Junction down just like all the other states would have done, and this would have stopped (as the delta outbreaks have in other states - who incidentally used closed borders too).

Slower vacc yes, but the cause of this has been late and incomplete lockdown. They could have shut Bondi Junction down just like all the other states would have done, and this would have stopped (as the delta outbreaks have in other states - who incidentally used closed borders too).

There is talk NZ won`t reopen their borders until 2022 at best......... currently 18% on first jabs, 12% fully jabbed.

Seems the solutions aren`t as easy and pain free as some may think!

There is talk NZ won`t reopen their borders until 2022 at best......... currently 18% on first jabs, 12% fully jabbed.

Friend has just emigrated to NZ and are locked in hotel for 3 weeks. Allowed out for supervised walk. Boarders not fully closed, Delta will get in.

Nowhere has fully closed borders. WA is one of the most closed jurisdictions and we have plenty of cases in quarantine. Delta has escaped from quarantine once and come in despite quarantine twice, but prompt lockdown has killed it. It doesn’t mean that it will work every time, and we’re all feeling it’s kind of inevitable, but it does show that locking down quickly can halt even delta.

With only a population of under 5 million, why are the numbers so low compared to, say, the U.K?

With only a population of under 5 million, why are the numbers so low compared to, say, the U.K?

I suspect it is that Covid is a bit arms length for many and they've kind of carried on as normal so don't subconsciously see the need the rush to do it. Also, the publicity around the AZ jab may have had a slight impact as well.

Speaking to a friend (someone who inhabited this very forum for years) they’re getting it done but they’re a bit busy living a normal life, as they have done for most of the way through. Personally I reckon NZ will be high up in terms of vaccinations

1 community case in NZ............. national lockdown.

In case its paywalled a bit below..............

"The case is an unvaccinated man in his 50s from Auckland who is deemed to have been infectious since Aug. 12, Director General of Health Ashley Bloomfield told the news conference. He and his fully vaccinated wife were in the nearby Coromandel region over the weekend, where they visited a crowded pub on Saturday night to watch an All Blacks rugby game, he said.

Because of those movements and the probability of it being delta, officials advised an immediate nationwide response. Auckland and the Coromandel have been placed into lockdown for seven days."

Had a chat today with an old acquaintance of mine from a good ten years back, when he and I both did the match reporting circuit for national papers / press association. He now works for The Athletic.

Seems there is a big problem bubbling away under the surface with a worrying number of footballers across all of the main four divisions not taking the jab, and that as a result Covid has been getting into clubs and transmitting more than it should be. He says that in the most extreme cases half of the players in certain clubs have been refusing to have it. Footballing bodies are getting worried and are pressuring clubs to do more to engage their players over the importance of taking the vaccine, because the fear is that by October / November when winter starts rolling in and flu is added into the mix that it could be chaos. Covid was enough of an issue at times last season while everything bar supermarkets was closed, so they’re looking ahead to a wide open world (in theory) and are getting twitchy about the potential worst case.

Furthermore, pre-season testing at some top clubs has started to uncover some worrying drop-offs in a number of players who previously had covid. Oxygen levels, lung capacity and function etc. Marked enough drop-offs to be of serious concern about long-covid moving forward, not only within the game but wider society. These are some of the fittest young people in the country and even they aren’t immune from some very bad side effects. Apparently a number of players last season were reported as being injured but were actually in a very bad way with the virus - over a month in some cases. He spoke to a member of Liverpool’s medical team a few months ago and was told that a very high-profile player got Covid and not only lost a lot of pace and stamina in the second half of the season, but was regularly having to receive oxygen in the dressing room.

Merely thought this could be of interest. Take it or leave it. Seems football isn’t much different to the rest of society in this regard.
Here we go:

Newcastle goalkeeper has recently been in hospital with covid and is going to be out for some time yet, while Saint-Max was KO’d for weeks last season, and most of their players still won’t take the vaccine. Article also mentions that Neil Warnock has said the majority of the Middlesbrough players have refused it. This is common across the game and clubs of all levels.

Brentford v Arsenal was apparently extremely close to getting called off last Friday after several Arsenal players tested positive, most notably Aubameyang and Lacazette. If it wasn’t the first game of the season in front of cameras I suspect the outcome might have been different.

It will be interesting to see what happens in a couple of months if (when) clubs with particularly low uptake find themselves dealing with outbreaks. Cases, deaths and admissions are creeping back up again, so it isn’t going away ahead of the cold and flu season.

Back
Top Bottom