CWC19: England V Australia

If England don’t win the game from this position, then we may as well pack the game in. It’s the perfect scenario. If you said to Eoin Morgan after losing the toss, “ you need 224 to win” I’m sure he’d of snapped ya hand off. It’s up to the batsmen to deliver, after some great work from the bowlers.

If England don’t win the game from this position, then we may as well pack the game in. It’s the perfect scenario. If you said to Eoin Morgan after losing the toss, “ you need 224 to win” I’m sure he’d of snapped ya hand off. It’s up to the batsmen to deliver, after some great work from the bowlers.
liking your sentiments @Leysboy .... me I'm cautiously optimistic .... top order all need to weigh in with decent knocks

Bowlers have done their part - now over to the batsmen.

Bairstow & Roy need to bat sensibly against the new ball....Starc is obviously in the team of the tournament, and Behrendorff is dangerous first up.
Get through the first ten overs or so, and then they can go after Stoinis/Maxwell/Behrendorff's later spells and maybe Lyon as well if they've wickets in hand.

Nerves jangling....let's do this. Come on England!

For perspective BET365 have us at 1/7 & them at 9/2. Think I’ll keep my cash in the account

Strauss said at the interval that if England reached 50 without loss after 10, it would be game over....

Also if Jason Roy isn't opening the batting again on August 1st back at Edgbaston, then our selectors want a smack round the head.

He may not be the stereotypical idea of a Test opener, and his technique against the red ball may turn out to be lacking, but he's a class player with an international temperament. And we don't have anyone else!

Also if Jason Roy isn't opening the batting again on August 1st back at Edgbaston, then our selectors want a smack round the head.

He may not be the stereotypical idea of a Test opener, and his technique against the red ball may turn out to be lacking, but he's a class player with an international temperament. And we don't have anyone else!
Couldn’t agree more. He will prove to be World class in all forms. He has the temperament, just have to stick with him if he goes cheaply in a couple of tests

As if we had any doubt ...
89 off off 14.4.
Roy and Bairstow. What an opening pair.

So far, so savage from England. Bairstow and Roy have been so incredibly focused and helping the rest of the batsmen to get a read of the pitch

Back
Top Bottom