England vs Denmark - Semi Final

001 Taxis - 10% discount for forum members
Sam Matterface and Lee Dixon were awful in the commentary. The panel were alright. Dixon contradicted himself multiple times.

Matterface can't be his real name, right?

He just panicked once after a one night stand or a brush with the police and got trapped in the lie yeah?

The one bright spot was Gary Neville slamming BoJo by saying Southgate is the honest leader this country has been missing in recent years.
yep lets have s**t stormer instead as hes so great!

Something fishy with that laser pen incident during the penalty. Surely VAR would of watched replays of the penalty straight after it went in. How come it takes till half an hour after the game has finished to notice it? Someone video editing and then sending in the footage to spite us?

Matterface can't be his real name, right?

He just panicked once after a one night stand or a brush with the police and got trapped in the lie yeah?
He managed to marry Natalie Sawyer, but then blew it.

• React
Reactions: m
After all the bad luck and near misses we have had in the past…. Hand of God, Lampard goal that wasn’t, Gaza millimetres away from Golden Goal against Germany, flukey deflections looping over Shilton, Ronaldinho’s flukey cross turning into a goal etc etc, I’ll take a soft penalty.

It is our time.

Nevermind Simeone's playacting to get Beckham sent off, and Ronaldo's bleating (and winking) to get Rooney sent off eight years later.

Yes, it was an out-and-out dive by Stirling, and it would've been nice to score a worldy of a goal to win it rather than that. But we were comfortably the better side, and deserved to win the game......as well as being well overdue a bit of luck in a key tournament game.

Thought Walker was immense today, Phillips & Rice (later Henderson) owned the middle of the park, and Stirling was the freakin' Duracell bunny out there.

Bring on the Italians. I make us favorites.

Matterface said something close said ‘yes, yes, yes! That was a goal!’ after Kane scored.

Such Alan Partridge levels of commentary.

• Haha
If you can’t be happy at England make a final for the first time in 55 years then when can you be? I honestly think I would rather smash my tele in than watch an England game with bazzer.

Get the f**k in there, it’s coming home and never f*****g leaving.
Sorry wouldn’t invite you any way 😊 I speak what I see yes off course I’m glad we’re in the final but tonight we were to laboured and lethargic whereas against the Ukrain and Germany we were far better, on Sunday we will have to up our game. As the Italians were very good last night with lots of pace. Also you not coming round beans I don’t have to buy any beer.😊

After all the bad luck and near misses we have had in the past…. Hand of God, Lampard goal that wasn’t, Gaza millimetres away from Golden Goal against Germany, flukey deflections looping over Shilton, Ronaldinho’s flukey cross turning into a goal etc etc, I’ll take a soft penalty.

It is our time.
Don’t care if it was a soft penalty it was given and Kane scored the rebound

Sorry wouldn’t invite you any way 😊 I speak what I see yes off course I’m glad we’re in the final but tonight we were to laboured and lethargic whereas against the Ukrain and Germany we were far better, on Sunday we will have to up our game. As the Italians were very good last night with lots of pace. Also you not coming round beans I don’t have to buy any beer.😊
Bazzer we all like you but you don’t half talk some tosh at times. Does it not occur to you that we were less on top today because Denmark are a lot better than Ukraine?

• React
Bloody get in there! Can't believe people are still finding things to moan about WE'RE IN A f*****g FINAL
Yes we’re in the final and in chuffed but boy do we do it the hard way

Last edited:
Bazzer we all like you but you don’t half talk some tosh at times. Does it not occur to you that we were less on top today because Denmark are a lot better than Ukraine?
True but we were much better than the Germans, I’m chuffed we’re in the finals but I just commented on what I saw

Anyone notice that there was a stray ball on the pitch in the run up to the penalty incident? The game should’ve been stopped for that - it was in the line of play. Then a soft penalty was given and not overturned when it probably should’ve been. Then the penalty was missed and the rebound slipped and squirmed back to the taker.

Sometimes your name is just written down. Incredible. Just incredible.

Just on the wrong thread. ;)

The Danes were good. We were better. We scored 2, they scored 1. that's how it works.

It was a penalty. The ref gave it, VAR did not take it away.

We're in a final, the first since 1966, the first that most of you will know. I was 10 in 1966 and watched the game on a bloody tiny little TV screen. We had to switch it on a good 15 minutes before the game to make sure it was working.

Shut up with all the moaning. Enjoy the moment. You might have to wait another 55 years for the next one.

Back
Top Bottom