England vs Denmark - Semi Final

001 Taxis - 10% discount for forum members
After the chaos last night I can’t wait for Sunday England is going to see things that haven’t been seen since 66 I’m excited I’m nervous I’m dreading it to be honest I’m also wondering how I’m getting to work Monday morning or should it be a sick day 😁 I’m like a kid waiting for Christmas also feel quite emotional
it’s coming home football coming home

Absolutely zero complaints from me, merely highlighting that the luck all went our way which is a good omen. Couldn’t give a s**t about the slightly dodgy call - tough luck. Win some you lose some. Them’s the breaks. I’ll take it all day long and don’t give a damn. I was off the sofa when it was given, when the rebound went in and when the final whistle went.

I think the challenge on Kane was defo a pen. Maybe the ref owed us one.

Just looked back at the highlights again and I can’t understand the small minority of negative comments on here. Thought we were by far the better team and always felt we had another goal or two in us at 1-1.

Just looked back at the highlights again and I can’t understand the small minority of negative comments on here. Thought we were by far the better team and always felt we had another goal or two in us at 1-1.

Agreed.

Not convinced either was a penalty but hey, we were perhaps due a bit of luck, and no doubt in my mind that we were the better side for most of the game.

Much credit to Denmark.

I thought we were the better team for most of the match and 'deserved' to win (not that that ever counts for anything!).

The pen wasn't one though, so we got the rub of the green there. I was amazed when he took Saka off as well. I'm not sure I 'get' Grealish like some people do.

Bedford (my local town) is going to be fun at the weekend, with a large and proud Italian community!

The Ref gave a foul by Kane when he got the ball immediately before he went into the box which was why it wasn't a penalty. That is my take and the immediate replays on TV confirmed it for me. Sam Matterface and Lee Dixon completely missed this though.

It was soft, but VAR was never overturning the penalty as there was contact.

And by the FIFA laws Denmark's free kick should have been retaken, as they moved their attacking wall of players too close to our defensive wall at the last moment.

but they are still 1m in front, it is 1m in any direction - the law was brought in to stop the scrums when attacking players pushed their way into the middle of walls.

I thought on the whole the officials did a good job all round (as they have all tournament). The pen was 'soft' but that is the way the game is now, to paraphrase Patrick Bamford (from what he said to the ref in a game earlier this year) you have to dive to be awarded a penalty even if you were forced down by the foul.

but they are still 1m in front, it is 1m in any direction - the law was brought in to stop the scrums when attacking players pushed their way into the middle of walls.

I thought on the whole the officials did a good job all round (as they have all tournament). The pen was 'soft' but that is the way the game is now, to paraphrase Patrick Bamford (from what he said to the ref in a game earlier this year) you have to dive to be awarded a penalty even if you were forced down by the foul.

Agreed on the Officials. The only minor criticism was the inconsistency of the few yellow cards. Maguire and Wass's bookings were soft but Hojberg, Vestergaard, the Danish left back, Phillips got away with persistent cynical fouls.

A sad indictment of modern football that all the cheating and diving has been allowed to flourish for a number of years now, so much so that it's just accepted and you even hear the pundits say he felt a touch and had every right to go down. it generally only gets highlighted in incidents like last evening yet it goes on allover the pitch in various forms and nobody bothers or does anything about it.

what's truly sad is that where once a player ran into the box, ball at feet with a view to a pass or shot on goal they now do it looking for an excuse to fall over and in many cases manufacture the contact by putting their leg to the opponents.

I detest Var but it would not of mattered if it was there or not last evening, the Ref was looking directly at the incident and gave the Penalty but the TV companies would still be showing it from many angles to induce the controversy and give the pundits air time to blame the officials either way as has been the case for many years.

As a Nation we are cock a hoop having finally reached a final after all those years but i can't help feeling that the powers that be have denied a full and true celebration by how they've allowed the win at all costs mentality to thrive.

The Final has the makings of being a cracker please let Football be the winner.

Come On England

A sad indictment of modern football that all the cheating and diving has been allowed to flourish for a number of years now, so much so that it's just accepted and you even hear the pundits say he felt a touch and had every right to go down. it generally only gets highlighted in incidents like last evening yet it goes on allover the pitch in various forms and nobody bothers or does anything about it.

what's truly sad is that where once a player ran into the box, ball at feet with a view to a pass or shot on goal they now do it looking for an excuse to fall over and in many cases manufacture the contact by putting their leg to the opponents.

I detest Var but it would not of mattered if it was there or not last evening, the Ref was looking directly at the incident and gave the Penalty but the TV companies would still be showing it from many angles to induce the controversy and give the pundits air time to blame the officials either way as has been the case for many years.

As a Nation we are cock a hoop having finally reached a final after all those years but i can't help feeling that the powers that be have denied a full and true celebration by how they've allowed the win at all costs mentality to thrive.

The Final has the makings of being a cracker please let Football be the winner.

Come On England

Totally agree with that paragraph but that is modern day football.

Totally agree.

Sad fact of what some of the game has become.

Players looking for contact, going down too easily or feigning injury…. Just embarrassing.

But until this play acting is in some way addressed it will continue to happen.

At the moment though, teams have to fight fire with fire. Sterling could have been honest and stayed on his feet and 30 seconds later Denmark may have taken an easy knock and worked a pen for themselves…

Totally agree with that paragraph but that is modern day football.
Modern day football, whilst we all get the emotion finally getting to a final after all those years we have not yet won anything. Think Arsenal and others celebrating as they reached 4th place that is what is now deemed as success and in most cases it seems nobody is bothered about how it is achieved.

Drink it in.
A lifetime spent watching our national sides glorious failures have been swept aside by this England.
No matter how it happened. I don’t give a flying f**k.
We have had enough dubious decisions in the past to more than offset that soft penalty last night.
It’s about time something rolled our way.
Now for the final.

Totally agree.

Sad fact of what some of the game has become.

Players looking for contact, going down too easily or feigning injury…. Just embarrassing.

But until this play acting is in some way addressed it will continue to happen.

At the moment though, teams have to fight fire with fire. Sterling could have been honest and stayed on his feet and 30 seconds later Denmark may have taken an easy knock and worked a pen for themselves
Nah. They would have had to get into our box for that.

The Ref gave a foul by Kane when he got the ball immediately before he went into the box which was why it wasn't a penalty. That is my take and the immediate replays on TV confirmed it for me. Sam Matterface and Lee Dixon completely missed this though.
Actually the later BBC highlights said this.

Surely what last evening has brought to the forefront is that VAR is not needed, even with a review people still do not agree BUT the one clear fact is that the Ref was looking directly at the incident with a clear view and gave a penalty.

Now if players, Managers etc had been stopped slating officials and getting in their faces all those years ago and accepted the officials decision we would not be where we are today.Likewise if the cheating and diving had been stopped incidents like last evening would not happen and importantly nobody would benefit from them.

People say about England have had their share of such decisions go against them but that is not really the point, what it shows is that the cycle just continues as previous it was England last night Denmark but the powers that be appear to just shrug their shoulders and that's if they even notice or care what's happening to the game.

Surely what last evening has brought to the forefront is that VAR is not needed, even with a review people still do not agree BUT the one clear fact is that the Ref was looking directly at the incident with a clear view and gave a penalty.

Now if players, Managers etc had been stopped slating officials and getting in their faces all those years ago and accepted the officials decision we would not be where we are today.Likewise if the cheating and diving had been stopped incidents like last evening would not happen and importantly nobody would benefit from them.

People say about England have had their share of such decisions go against them but that is not really the point, what it shows is that the cycle just continues as previous it was England last night Denmark but the powers that be appear to just shrug their shoulders and that's if they even notice or care what's happening to the game.

Lets see what antics Italy put to full use on Sunday

Back
Top Bottom