Transfer News January 2021/22 Transfer Window

Imagine it’s either him or Browne… not another winger?! Well I guess this is KR, stranger things have happened 🤣
When KR hears there’s a winger available he can’t help himself. Wouldn’t surprise me if he has another 6 lined up aswell.

Sorry. Don’t agree. I never saw any sign that he was a L1 standard player. Apart from anything else, appeared unable to follow any game plan. Appeared to panic when under pressure. Quick and powerful. But lacked control and and sense of players around him. Often froze when he had a chance. Totally unable to hold the ball up and bring other players in. A bit like Danny Hilton, except Hylton was a far better finisher. Every player finds his level. Once Crewe go down, he will never play at L1 again. Will be a a very decent player in L2/National League.

Come on ! He‘s better than National League, that ridiculous. I agree that, for a top end L1 promotion chasing team, he’s short of the quality required but he‘s probably a 1 in 4 or 5 as a starter in L1 and 9 to 12 a season as a wide/attacker or support striker would be a decent enough return. His major flaw here was his inability to seize upon a starting opportunity, he looked much more threatening off the bench.

If it is MB then he is essentially a replacement for Dan Agyei and Joel Cooper, which is definitely an upgrade for the squad. There will be a feel good factor thrown in to boot which should spur the team on to greater performances hopefully.

When KR hears there’s a winger available he can’t help himself. Wouldn’t surprise me if he has another 6 lined up aswell.

67dedaf25e8743cee0b3f3135aded5e9.jpg

Personally I think Browne is a great signing. Every time he’s been with us he’s been one of our better players. Genuine talent & can play across the front line, behind the striker & played some games in central midfielder in his last spell if my memory is right. Drives forward with the ball and carries it forward. Plus a good age to get some regular games & push on.

The question mark is his fitness, but handle his recovery right & I think we’ve got a terrific player.

What do you mean ‘beat Charlton to the signing’, they pulled out.

Not overly happy with this acquisition if this is true, but with UTO’s like you’ve got to believe it is true.
Don't think its obvious which party is responsible, I'd imagine its in Charlton's interest to leak that they pulled out to appease their fans. From KR's interview, could be possible Browne had a change of heart.

Of course this has nothing to do with the Gillingham game. I suspect that it's about holding back a little on disclosing our ambitions in the transfer window. If other clubs know the kind of players we have brought in then they may well look to hold out for a high price, or players may push for higher wages. It's the only reason why I can think that we haven't announced those who have already signed.

Why would you not want players you have signed available for a league game?

I'm guessing that we're trying not to show our hand too early while still finalising the last couple of deals before unveiling those who have already signed. Two deals have already been completed, and a third has been strongly hinted at. As a number of others have alluded to, we're not playing at this and I think even Kip will choke on his bargain bucket come Monday evening!

So, with two days to go you tell us two are done and a third imminent - absolutely nothing groundbreaking here though. By definition any deal that hasn’t been concluded has to be imminent to beat the deadline. With games today taking priority I’d guess the vast majority of deals are as good as over the line anyway. Considering we’ve just got rid of two or three and three or four incomings were always the target it will be a bit cheap of any supposedly ITK fan to claim ‘I told you so’ come Monday evening.

Don't think its obvious which party is responsible, I'd imagine its in Charlton's interest to leak that they pulled out to appease their fans. From KR's interview, could be possible Browne had a change of heart.

It’s because Marcus Browne, like every professional footballer around the globe, listens to Wasn’t At The Game every Saturday evening.

Dressing rooms up and down the country and across the planet put BBC Radio Oxford on as soon as the full time whistle blows.

Back
Top Bottom