General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leaked document

Wasn't that document sent to every sports club that occupy the site? It was always going to end up being leaked on social media. Nothing new though its been common knowledge OUFC were looking to move to Stratfield Brake for a year or more. That Kidlington parish website where it said in a meeting it was deemed too expensive to move the kassam to Stratfield Brake so had been thrown out told us that.

Watch this video, this is what thohir built dc United and it has its own Heineken bar. I'm sure there will be lots of drinking spots around the stadium , after all pubs not in the ground won't gain us any revenue.

That really is stunning, something of that calibre for us would be a dream come true.

I thought that as well, surely we would be daft to try and build a stadium complex on the flood plain?
Global warming and all that?

A field is a floodplain because it doesn't have any drainage, just because you build on the field doesn’t mean you cant stop it flooding. Storm drains and lakes etc

Have you any comment on any of the speculation tonight in your opinion is there any truth in the rumours yes or no?
Of course there's truth in them.

It's a genuine letter sent by OCC to sports clubs on the site that we're looking to use for a new stadium. The plans describe exactly those that a few of us have been talking about, and link to a follow up meeting in a week.

I know that there are many that are cynical, but I think we're way past the point of speculation or rumour.

For god's sake build the stadium so that the goals are facing north/south for best sunlight, and put translucent panels on the roofs

It's a genuine letter sent by OCC to sports clubs on the site that we're looking to use for a new stadium. The plans describe exactly those that a few of us have been talking about, and link to a follow up meeting in a week.

I know that there are many that are cynical, but I think we're way past the point of speculation or rumour.
Thanks scothegg!

Surely we now have to have an official announcement/interview from the board now this letter has been published everywhere.

Surely we now have to have an official announcement/interview from the board now this letter has been published everywhere.
As they would have planned, but I wouldn't expect them to respond tonight.

I have always known that our club had huge potential and was always so disappointed as a kid at where we were in the league.

Since declaring my undying love for OUFC in 2009 I have only ever seen us head upwards. It feels like the past 12 years has been building up to this moment.

Let's get this over the line and finally get to a ground we can all proudly call home!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom