General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Constant filibustering. They know we have a hard deadline so using that to frustrate the process.

View attachment 13362

View attachment 13363

Isn’t the budget for that parish council about £50k a year? So they want that parish council to burn about 14% of its yearly budget on a non binding vote on a piece of land it doesn’t own?

I think we all knew these are the most selfish in society against us but when you see it in action it’s breathtaking, I suppose bigotry is a form of mental illness though.

Constant filibustering. They know we have a hard deadline so using that to frustrate the process.

View attachment 13362

View attachment 13363
exactly that - gosford and water eaton cant afford £7000 out of their tiny parish budget, FoSB many of whoare not Kidlington residents really don't care about local parishes having to fund meaningless polls as long as they can indulge their professional protesting agenda

So by my maths on the back of a fag packet suggests the following
20% turnout
70% of the 20% were anti and 30% were pro

The headline that I get from that (excuse me if my maths is wrong)

Approximately 14% don’t want the stadium
Approximately 86% either do want it or don’t care enough to say no to it

86% loss is a proper victory for the nimbys..

View attachment 13362

View attachment 13363
Population
Steve knowitall Hill is happy for GWE to waste taxpayers money while living miles away.
NameStatusPopulation Census 2021-03-21
Gosford and Water EatonParish1,384
Gosford and Water Eaton 1,384 Population [2021] – Census 8.750 km² Area 158.2/km² Population Density [2021] 0.45% Annual Population Change [2011 → 2021]
South East EnglandRegion9,278,065

Middleton is right in that sense that a turnout of 29.9 percent is statistically significant. But entirely wrong when he suggests this means that there is 2:1 opposition to the Parisi Council supporting the new stadium.

Firstly, a turnout of 30ish percent means that 70ish percent either don’t care one way or the other or weren’t aware of the vote. Either way the majority of residents didn’t vote.

Secondly, those with a strong feeling against the development absolutely DID vote. In other words, we can say with some degree of certainty that the total amount of opposition to the Parish Coucil supporting the stadium is around 20% of the population eligible to vote in this poll. Now I’m sure there’s a few more votes that could be added from people away on holiday or ill etc. But it’s not a hugely variable statistic.

So, in essence, we have a survey that has demonstrated that less than a quarter of residents eligible to vote (ie not children and young people) don’t want a football stadium on their patch. What we don’t know is WHY. Indeed what this actually demonstrates is that the majority of residents either do want the stadium (10ish%), don’t care or need more information (70ish%) to make an informed decision.

Edit: what we also don’t know is what people under the age of 18 want. As per usual the voices of the young are excluded, and this more than anything else needs to change.

Last edited:
I hope the wealthy families responsible for calling these polls fully reimburse the public purse.
theyll ask the non political KDW ( headed by so called green KP councillor Linda Ward) for a handout, these wealthy protester wont spend their own money on their vanity projects, not when there's public funds to waste on them

I’ve been waiting for the Quisling’s spin on things.

Of course he uses it to act all sarcky against stadium supporters and view it with success - which it isn’t.

He is using terms like statistically significant without providing any scientific data as to how he has reached that conclusion. In addition, he says the turnout is unprecedented. Well, what are the similar polls he is basing that statement against? It seems anyone can say anything these days
If I want to be known for one thing, it’s being pedantic about statistical analysis and this sample is representative of absolutely f*****g nothing, because it wasn’t randomly drawn.

That isn't going to stop the OCC process which is the one that matters. More wasted taxpayer money, I hope constituents take note when voting in the future who is involved.

Hopefully my fear that they've been stringing us along to date is unfounded but I expect the LibDem/Green OCC coalition to change their tune significantly and reject the request for the lease.

Personally I feel they never had any intention of allowing the stadium but had to pretend to go through 'due process'.

I’ve been waiting for the Quisling’s spin on things.

Of course he uses it to act all sarcky against stadium supporters and view it with success - which it isn’t.
I think Mr Middletown’s computer’s “Cautiously Neutral Mode” must have accidentally disabled whist typing out that message 🤔

Hopefully my fear that they've been stringing us along to date is unfounded but I expect the LibDem/Green OCC coalition to change their tune significantly and reject the request for the lease.

Personally I feel they never had any intention of allowing the stadium but had to pretend to go through 'due process'.

Then they will have the blood of the clubs death on their hands and it will be the end of high level professional sport in the county.

If they want Oxfordshire to be a third rate county with very little going for it then they can do what the nimbys want.

Personally if I still lived in Oxfordshire and the county council made that decision then I would move away, why would you want to bring a family up in such a blatantly anti working people environment, one that is against providing amenities for young people etc and is content with just being a retirement home for old people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom