General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I ask you said this and where it was posted? I have a folder of the blatant lies being presented as fact by FoSB and IM, and I'm waiting for the right opportunity to present these lies back to them.

Yesterday our friend, Victoria, referred to Oxford United as an insolvent football club. I would hope this comment is also formally withdrawn with a public apology too.

View attachment 13800
If they aren’t careful they are very close to legal action for libel id say along with the comment that @Colin B highlighted.

Having said that, once these lies are shown to the public they will lose any little credibility that they have left.

If they aren’t careful they are very close to legal action for libel id say along with the comment that @Colin B highlighted.

Having said that, once these lies are shown to the public they will lose any little credibility that they have left.

I'm not sure that there's a huge about of credibility anyway.

They have played on people's fears about beastly football fans parking across people's drives and having a dump on their rhododendrons for good measure!!

Vicky exclaimed last November that the Triangle was ’unsafe contaminated scrubland‘ but has since been miraculously transformed into a beautiful
biodiverse wildlife haven.

With rumours that birds might be nesting there because there are trees and things!

I'd expect a more detailed ecological report from my 7 year old!!

I'm not sure that there's a huge about of credibility anyway.

They have played on people's fears about beastly football fans parking across people's drives and having a dump on their rhododendrons for good measure!!
So providing a manuring service FOC, that’s the kind of value footy fans bring to a community!*

*That’s a joke Vicky, we don’t actually defecate on peoples’ gardens.

Yesterday our friend, Victoria, referred to Oxford United as an insolvent football club. I would hope this comment is also formally withdrawn with a public apology too.

Technically this is not a lie though as Liabilities exceed Assets by £20 million. Although I agree that the intention in her comment was probably to suggest the club is failing.

The fact that the bulk of these liabilities are being supported by the owners is of course a completely different issue, which means that there is no immediate threat to being able to continue to trade as long as they continue to support the club.

This support is clear from the owners and mirrors pretty much the same situation for many clubs, so her point is still moot.

Technically this is not a lie though as Liabilities exceed Assets by £20 million. Although I agree that the intention in her comment was probably to suggest the club is failing.

The fact that the bulk of these liabilities are being supported by the owners is of course a completely different issue, which means that there is no immediate threat to being able to continue to trade as long as they continue to support the club.

This support is clear from the owners and mirrors pretty much the same situation for many clubs, so her point is still moot.

She’s deliberately conflating balance sheet insolvency to cash flow insolvency to meet her own ends.

The liabilities exceed assets but it’s of no concern as there’s money in the pot to meet all debts and it’s all by design. It’s disingenuous and she knows it. That doesn’t seem to worry her though. Integrity is not something she wakes up and worries about seemingly.

So much misinformation from a woman who cannot stand the fact that she will be both challenged and scrutinised. As the official spokesperson for FofSB and the triangle, she will be questioned in depth by her opponents. That is not stalking, but delving into what she and Muddleton want to achieve.

So much misinformation from a woman who cannot stand the fact that she will be both challenged and scrutinised. As the official spokesperson for FofSB and the triangle, she will be questioned in depth by her opponents. That is not stalking, but delving into what she and Muddleton want to achieve.

They don't seem used to the scrutiny being back on them. They aren't going to be under that scrutiny from property developers etc who won't have any supporters doing it for them. And I doubt the Beach Volleyball Courts had that many supporters to do likewise.

Vicky exclaimed last November that the Triangle was ’unsafe contaminated scrubland‘ but has since been miraculously transformed into a beautiful
biodiverse wildlife haven.
yet when challeged- many times- to provide the report FoSB commissioned in the last 6 months ( which likely would've been obtained illegally, as there's no public access to The Triangle- should a specific report exist, which I doubt), Vikki ducks, dives, avoids, swerves or at best responds with her stock 'Im not obliged to answer', but will not prove her claims re garding the Triangle transforming from being contaminated scrubland (nov 2022) to a biodiverse wildlife haven ( April 2022) - two conflicting claims made by FoSB, and zero proof to back up their claims on that subject

I wonder why that is ?

A couple of points on this, apologies for rambling on 🤣

Middleton has suggested we should find a ‘better site’. The Triangle is extremely well connected with a main railway line and park and ride facility. So where exactly is ‘a better site’? Has he proposed somewhere else?

Also aren’t these people supposed to have green values? Building a sustainable, eco-friendly stadium next to public transport facilities is surely a good thing…don’t they have a responsibility to the whole of Oxfordshire regarding traffic pollution etc? Forcing us onto another site with bad public transport connections is going to cause more people to drive. Doesn’t take a genius to work this out.

They can’t propose somewhere else because there is no better site and I really hope OCC can see this. We have already provided evidence that we cannot stay at the Kassam, but they force the debate to go round and round in circles by constantly bringing this up.

With their rhetoric, ‘a better site’ = anywhere but here. It’s pure NIMBYism and we all know this.

One more thing, I’m sick of some of the opposition saying that those who are not Kidlington residents should stay out of this. Most of us who live in towns have to deal with big development projects and normally there is no consultation process and we have no voice at all.

As an Abingdon resident, 1000 homes are being built, with many directly opposite my house near Peachcroft farm. Was I ever consulted on this? Was I promised community benefits and more local jobs etc? Did I get to vote on this? 🤣

The vote itself was a pathetic waste of money. The council need to weigh up the concerns in a consultation process and decide whether the benefits outweigh them.

Let’s be clear, is it realistic to believe that local residents will ever vote to have something built on their doorstep? Of course residents should have the opportunity to raise concerns, but if left solely to the views of local residents then nothing would ever get built. That doesn’t seem very realistic for the future of the world!

This isn’t even a housing development. It’s a stadium which is going to be in use once every two weeks, which brings world class sporting facilities to a local area, massive investment, local economic growth and employment opportunities.

So many want to muddy the water to try and halt/stop the Triangle development and OUFC . I have no time for these 15 minutes of fame merchants , like it or not I, without any doubt whatsoever, a new Stadium will be built on the Triangle . Please don't think SB is off the table either , they cannot afford to maintain it !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom