General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if there's any opposition we have played more than Pompey over the last 5 or so seasons? Feels like we battle a lot!
Probably not, given the play-off games too. It was said a few years ago that they are the team we've played most over the course of our time in the Football League, so I assume that's still true.

I like playing Pompey. It's always a battle with a good atmosphere and a bit spice.

I wonder if there's any opposition we have played more than Pompey over the last 5 or so seasons? Feels like we battle a lot!
We seem to play Bristol Rovers every six weeks but at least we had a little rest when they went down. Gillingham used to be fairly constant opponents too. Even though we play Portsmouth a lot it still feels like a bit of an event to me, it's generally a good close game and our record isn't bad.

I swear I once heard or read that Portsmouth is the team we have played more than any other in our history. May be I imagined it! Any stattos know?

I believe it is still. 74 games played and pretty evenly split between wins, draws and defeats too.

We’ve played Swindon 62 times and Bristol Rovers 64 times.

I believe they were the top three when I draw up the stats for it a few seasons ago. I doubt they will have changed since.

Are we Sunderland’s new rivals then? I suppose given the gap between them and Newcastle it’s a bit more realistic.

Just had this email from the club:

Dear Resident,

We hope this email finds you well. We are writing to invite you to our upcoming Stand United Community Panel Event, where we will be discussing the plans for the relocation of the Oxford United Football Club's stadium. The event will be held virtually, please follow the link bellow:

Webinar Registration - Zoom - 4th July - 17:00 - 18:15.

During this panel event, we will have representatives from various areas of the project who will provide an overview and an update on the progress made so far.

The panel session will conclude with a Q&A session, allowing you to voice any remaining concerns or queries you may have. We encourage you to actively participate in this discussion and join us in shaping the future plans for the stadium relocation. Your presence will provide valuable insights and help us ensure that the community's interests are well-represented.

To learn more about the project and stay updated, we invite you to visit our stadium website at oufcstadium.co.uk. If you were unable to attend the previous listening events, we still want to hear from you. Please feel free to share your comments and feedback by emailing us at newstadium@oufc.co.uk.

Thank you for your ongoing participation. We look forward to seeing you at the Stand United Community Panel Event.

Just had this email from the club:

Dear Resident,

We hope this email finds you well. We are writing to invite you to our upcoming Stand United Community Panel Event, where we will be discussing the plans for the relocation of the Oxford United Football Club's stadium. The event will be held virtually, please follow the link bellow:

Webinar Registration - Zoom - 4th July - 17:00 - 18:15.

During this panel event, we will have representatives from various areas of the project who will provide an overview and an update on the progress made so far.

The panel session will conclude with a Q&A session, allowing you to voice any remaining concerns or queries you may have. We encourage you to actively participate in this discussion and join us in shaping the future plans for the stadium relocation. Your presence will provide valuable insights and help us ensure that the community's interests are well-represented.

To learn more about the project and stay updated, we invite you to visit our stadium website at oufcstadium.co.uk. If you were unable to attend the previous listening events, we still want to hear from you. Please feel free to share your comments and feedback by emailing us at newstadium@oufc.co.uk.

Thank you for your ongoing participation. We look forward to seeing you at the Stand United Community Panel Event.
Good stuff - have registered.

Got to be honest, only made the trip up there once but stayed over and generally only had good experience interacting with their fans in person.
Any club forum is going to have its quota of idiots - Sunderland’s massive fanbase will mean there are many more of them. Also lots more decent folk too.

Got to be honest, only made the trip up there once but stayed over and generally only had good experience interacting with their fans in person.

Been up twice but to Roker Park (minus the roar from memory), both times in the week we played them 3 times.

Edit: whoops, nearly forgot I also saw the Mark Druce inspired away win there as well.

I've posted on the Accrington and PNE sites (both posts still awaiting admin's approval). As for QPR, my account has been activated but has yet to be approved. Only after approval can I post a message.

So, Colin, if they hate us that much their admin won't approve my account (which has OUFC in my username)!

• React
Reactions: MJB
Coventry has been picked up by @DSM but please do go with Wimbledon, that would be great. Although it's EPL, perhaps Brighton too if you fancy a second with a potentially sympathetic club? Latest updates on who's picking up what below.

Will update again later today if more people are happy to pick up some of the remaining gaps.
Details of a template bit of wording and what we’re asking fans to do here: https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/new-stadium-plans-the-triangle.8852/post-712779

Championship
  • Birmingham City
  • Blackburn Rovers
  • Blackpool
  • Bristol City
  • Burnley
  • Cardiff City
  • Coventry City - @DSM
  • Huddersfield Town
  • Hull City
  • Luton Town
  • Middlesbrough
  • Millwall
  • Norwich City
  • Preston North End - @Jon-ioualways
  • Queens Park Rangers - @Jon-ioualways
  • Reading
  • Rotherham United
  • Sheffield United
  • Stoke City
  • Sunderland - @Jolteon RETRACTED AFTER NEGATIVE RESPONSE
  • Swansea City
  • Watford
  • West Bromwich Albion
  • Wigan Athletic - @OUFCwaffle
League One
League Two
  • Wrexham - @Carpy
  • Stockport County
  • Notts County - @Oslernorth
  • Bradford City
  • Salford City
  • Mansfield Town
  • MK Dons - @MJB
  • Gillingham
  • Doncaster Rovers
  • Tranmere Rovers
  • Forest Green Rovers
  • Barrow
  • Walsall - @Matt W
  • Accrington Stanley - @Jon-ioualways
  • Sutton United
  • Newport County
  • Grimsby Town
  • Colchester United
  • AFC Wimbledon - @Orkney Islands Yellow
  • Crewe Alexandra
  • Crawley Town - @Tomox
  • Morecambe
  • Harrogate Town
Other

• Brighton and Hove Albion (moved to new ground in 2011) - @Orkney Islands Yellow
  • York City (moved to new ground in 2021)
  • Brentford (moved to new ground in 2020)
  • Boston United (moved to new ground in 2020)
  • Barnet (moved to new ground in 2013)
  • Everton (plans to move to a new ground)

I'll take Brentford too.

• React
Reactions: MJB
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom