General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a big risk with approaching these forums.
I'm not sure how useful it will be in the end. There will be a mix of responses. How would we feel if FOSB approached every environmental group in the country and asked them to get members to fill in the survey?
As others have said, it's very easy to suggest that any number of these fans will be impacted by the development as there is every possibility that they would visit the new stadium, the same can't be said of every environmental group in the country.

I would like to do something to help but alas my computer knowledge n isn’t a good as what you guys seem to be really good with, I know o said it yesterday but have only just caught up and see the huge effort from you all.

I have to offer my thanks to you guys for doing this and if we only get a handful from the clubs that were in contact with that will go along way to show the support and feeling for our plight.

As I’ve pointed out on an earlier post Ian Muddleton is not happy that we are reaching out to other clubs. Maybe he’s scared of the hopefully overwhelming responses.

I hope the clubs we are in contact with realise this is real and not a bit of banter between rival fans.

Once again congratulations to all of you taking the time and effort to do this, I would love to see Championship football in a new stadium before I depart from this world.

God forbid we ask people who will actually use the stadium and get the benefits of it to respond to the survey!

PS Hello Ian. Please make an account and talk to us. We're a friendly bunch really, not the loutish thugs you make us out to be. Just don't go to the Transfers thread.
he's too preoccupied gaslighting on nextdoor .... casting off-topic , and personal inferences about individual posters on different threads on there, he really seems to think he is untouchable by the moderators and believes that Kidlington next-door is his own fiefdom, where he can spout veiled accusations without fear of any repercussions .

Asking people who have previously watched us at Kassam (and would watch us in future at a new ground) for their views is entirely reasonable, whether they are Oxford supporters or not.

They will be impacted too if we don't have a ground to play at from 2026. And if we do have a new ground, they will be impacted by the options of more sustainable travel, being able to spend more money in Oxfordshire, and improved facilities.

Northampton and MK Dons added to the list of those contacted.

Last edited:
I've just registered on the QPR site, and will post there. I'll also try PNE and, just to show that I don't only do acronyms, I'll try Accrington as well.

A lunchtime update:

Details of a template bit of wording and what we’re asking fans to do here: https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/new-stadium-plans-the-triangle.8852/post-712779

Championship
  • Birmingham City
  • Blackburn Rovers
  • Blackpool
  • Bristol City
  • Burnley
  • Cardiff City
  • Coventry City - @DSM
  • Huddersfield Town
  • Hull City
  • Luton Town
  • Middlesbrough
  • Millwall
  • Norwich City
  • Preston North End - @Jon-ioualways
  • Queens Park Rangers - @Jon-ioualways
  • Reading
  • Rotherham United
  • Sheffield United
  • Stoke City
  • Sunderland - @Jolteon (now removed)
  • Swansea City
  • Watford
  • West Bromwich Albion
  • Wigan Athletic - @OUFCwaffle
League One
League Two
  • Wrexham - @Carpy
  • Stockport County
  • Notts County - @Oslernorth
  • Bradford City
  • Salford City
  • Mansfield Town
  • MK Dons - @MJB
  • Gillingham
  • Doncaster Rovers
  • Tranmere Rovers
  • Forest Green Rovers
  • Barrow
  • Walsall - @Matt W
  • Accrington Stanley - @Jon-ioualways
  • Sutton United
  • Newport County
  • Grimsby Town
  • Colchester United
  • AFC Wimbledon - @Orkney Islands Yellow
  • Crewe Alexandra
  • Crawley Town - @Tomox
  • Morecambe
  • Harrogate Town
Others for consideration due to experience of ground moves
  • Brighton and Hove Albion (moved to new ground in 2011) - @Orkney Islands Yellow
  • York City (moved to new ground in 2021)
  • Brentford (moved to new ground in 2020)
  • Boston United (moved to new ground in 2020)
  • Barnet (moved to new ground in 2013)
  • Everton (plans to move to a new ground)

QPR really don't like us, so I'm not sure that's a good idea?
Really? Because of 1986? But at least some of their fans will have visited our dump of a stadium and will surely appreciate the chance to come to a better one in a couple of years. I think (though my memory is crap!) that the first game I saw at Grenoble Road was a friendly against them, and took a bus from the train station filled with their fans (the guy next to me was perfectly friendly!)

I've only registered so far (waiting for admin to let me in), and so if those of you who know more about these things than I do think it's not a good idea posting on the QPR site I don't need to

Really? Because of 1986? But at least some of their fans will have visited our dump of a stadium and will surely appreciate the chance to come to a better one in a couple of years. I think (though my memory is crap!) that the first game I saw at Grenoble Road was a friendly against them, and took a bus from the train station filled with their fans (the guy next to me was perfectly friendly!)

I've only registered so far (waiting for admin to let me in), and so if those of you who know more about these things than I do think it's not a good idea posting on the QPR site I don't need to
I've been surprised, but virtually every QPR fan I have ever met starts off with a rant about 1986, and it's often mentioned on their social media posts, they really don't like us. I'm the last one to stop anybody doing something pro-active, and I do hope I haven't come across as negative toward you as that wasn't't my intention, but the reactions to the request on the Sunderland message board were very negative toward us, so I think we have to be selective about who we approach.

PS: I think it was Crystal Palace that we played in that first ever game at The Kassam Stadium.

I've been surprised, but virtually every QPR fan I have ever met starts off with a rant about 1986, and it's often mentioned on their social media posts, they really don't like us. I'm the last one to stop anybody doing something pro-active, and I do hope I haven't come across as negative toward you as that wasn't't my intention, but the reactions to the request on the Sunderland message board were very negative toward us, so I think we have to be selective about who we approach.

PS: I think it was Crystal Palace that we played in that first ever game at The Kassam Stadium.
I didn't think you were being at all negative, Colin! I appreciate the need for caution. So I'll post there, but watch carefully the reaction, and remove the post if it's not generally positive. But if others also think that it's not a good idea to post there, well, there are plenty of other teams that we've never beaten at Wembley!

Because I'm an exile, and have been since the early 1980s, I've seen very few games at the Kassam...but I think that MY first game there was vs. QPR (I certainly wasn't there for the first-ever game).

I'll be honest, I was aware that there might be a little negativity from Sunderland given our recent clashes, but to get 3 pages of almost entirely negative reactions really surprised me. Thankfully most seemed to just be unwilling to do the survey rather than actively responding negatively, but I agree we clearly need to be more cautious with what clubs we approach.

Great to see the national football community helping a club in need. We weren't just going to roll over and let our club come to harm and football fans generally don't allow other clubs to go to the wall either.

Nothing wrong at all with what we're doing as respondents are asked where they're from, in what capacity they are responding and if they support OUFC or not. The council and/or the company running the survey can filter the data accordingly.

I'm waiting on Coventry to approve me
Worth checking your Junk mail (if you’ve not already). One of my two approvals went straight there rather than to the Inbox.

I've given it another little push on the Sunderland forum and made it clear that Donald and Methven aren't at all involved with us, and that Methven in particular is disliked by most OUFC fans. If it continues to go poorly I'll just delete the post to stop any risk of them replying negatively to spite us.

Apparently our fans were particularly awful to them whilst they were in League 1 which was interesting to me.

I’d honestly just delete. More chance of negative than positive net outcome. They really didn’t like us when they were down here

Posted on "Football stadia and grounds" Facebook page too. 37k members so will get plenty of attention

That's a great shout - the nerds will love a new ground to tick off, especially one that is easily accessible by train (and a new station at that) and therefore combining their two main hobbies.

Just need to suggest that we'll be seeking CAMRA approval for the beer in the stadium and these guys will be be fllling out the survey in their sleep.

That's a great shout - the nerds will love a new ground to tick off, especially one that is easily accessible by train (and a new station at that) and therefore combining their two main hobbies.

Just need to suggest that we'll be seeking CAMRA approval for the beer in the stadium and these guys will be be fllling out the survey in their sleep.

Oi you cheeky git, I am on that Facebook group. Think it’s an Oxford fan who lives in Scotlands group.

Although a few people on there do get very excited when a picture involves both a stadium and a train so you might have a slight point.

Why were Sunderland so negative toward us? Something weird about folk up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom