General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 13750View attachment 13751

I wonder if he attended any of the exhibition events to ask? Or if he'll attend the one on the 8th to ask the club directly? Or even if he's used the contact details on the stadium website or will he continue to misdirect his queries to fans who aren't involved in the decision making process. Very inappropriate behaviour for a councillor to engage in in my opinion.
Funny how when someone makes a valid point he just blocks them. Never engages with anybody & fuels misinformation that he knows is blatantly untrue. He is unfit to be a councillor and no wonder the Labour Party in Cherwell wanted nothing to do with him or his Green Party cronies.

Funny how when someone makes a valid point he just blocks them. Never engages with anybody & fuels misinformation that he knows is blatantly untrue. He is unfit to be a councillor and no wonder the Labour Party in Cherwell wanted nothing to do with him or his Green Party cronies.
Vicky and co are taking the same strategy over on Facebook. It seems a common theme with this lot.

I would of thought the Green Party would receive with open arms to get Cars off the road in favour of public transport. The Kassam car park is full on match days ,pollution via queuing to get out after a match is horrific , another reason why the Kassam stadium is past its sell by date !

So, firstly Muddleton could leave things alone and had to get in on the act! (I should also point out that he was asking on a different post if I wanted him to help organise a date with FoSB as they would love to meet me!!!)

Anyway, back to stadium news.

Screenshot_20230528_234112_Samsung Internet.jpg

We're dog sitting at the moment and I'm waiting for her to settle down, so I had time to kill, so here's the response.

Screenshot_20230528_234122_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20230528_234128_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20230528_234139_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20230528_234144_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20230528_234150_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20230528_234155_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20230528_234201_Samsung Internet.jpg

But there has been an interesting turn of events with Vicky admitting to her YF stalking!!

Screenshot_20230528_234504_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20230528_234516_Samsung Internet.jpg

Anyway! Hi Vicky!!

I find it more than a little creepy that your chum Muddleton is offering to act as Cilla Black to facilitate a date between us, but I'll happily take you to the first game of next season if you drop me a message!!!

So, firstly Muddleton could leave things alone and had to get in on the act! (I should also point out that he was asking on a different post if I wanted him to help organise a date with FoSB as they would love to meet me!!!)

View attachment 13771

We're dog sitting at the moment and I'm waiting for her to settle down, so I had time to kill, so here's the response.

View attachment 13772View attachment 13773View attachment 13774View attachment 13775View attachment 13776View attachment 13777View attachment 13778
It would be worth asking him exactly what it is he would consider 'benefits to the local community'?

He seems so able to s**t on anything and everything that the club and supporters come out with but incapable of actually providing suggestions to how he might think the project could benefit him and the people he represents.

After all that is the whole purpose of community engagement, to get people's ideas on how to make the most of the project. Not to come up with silly "referendums" that mean nothing to try to block anything from happening.

The guy is a joke.

Last edited:
It would be worth asking him exactly what it is he would consider 'benefits to the local community'?

He seems so able to s**t on anything and everything that the club and supporters come out with but incapable of actually providing suggestions to how he might think the project could benefit him and the people he represents.

After all that is the whole purpose of community engagement, to get people's ideas on how to make the most of the project. Not to come up with silly "referendums" that mean nothing to try to block anything from happening.

The guy is a joke.
He's no better than the conspiracy types who are "just asking questions". All innuendo and loaded language.

I refrain from posting on nextdoor because I am not local. If I were going to post, I would respond to IM's last post about how none of the things you mention being specific to young people.
I think he is missing the point completely. Today's young people are tomorrow's middle-aged people. Growing up in an aspirational environment where (for example) a young girl may be able to watch her female heroines succeed at football is of benefit to young people. Growing up in an area that promotes facilities to support mental health, physical activity, communal participation is all of benefit to young people.

I'm not sure exactly what would meet his bar for being to the benefit of young people ... Buying them all PS5s and vapes?

I said that I'd step away from the Nextdoor platform, but couldn't help myself today, especially with Muddleton and Vicky C continuing to question what benefits the stadium would bring to the community. Although I notice that Big Sue has been quiet lately!!

Anyway this is my response to the Nimby Massive!

View attachment 13757View attachment 13758View attachment 13759View attachment 13760

I know that they will reply with some completely irrelevant point that shows their ignorance and stupidity, but I'm tired of them continually lying in order to create such a false narrative.

I used to say that I couldn't wait until we finally had our own home so that we would never again have the name Kassam linked to our club. But I think that they day these fools disappear to ruin some other community will be nearly as sweet.
Yes but what are the specific benefits?
Vicky has responded, but please do call her Victoria!

View attachment 13761

But I couldn't leave it as that (despite Mrs Egg saying "you've got that look you have when you're winding someone up online haven't you?!"

View attachment 13762View attachment 13763View attachment 13764

Sure, young people might benefit and Kidlington residents might benefit, but you’ve not outlined how you can deny those benefits from other people as well, and for some reason that’s quite important to them?

What’s the point in having nice things if you can’t feel smug about how other people don’t have them?

You're doing a great job on there @Scotchegg as I know just how frustrating some of the people on that site can be. I will return to the site at some point, but there's a good reason why now is not the time.

But here's a thought for Middleton and Campbell. Instead of just reading this post, as you obviously are reading all posts on here about the stadium, why don't you both join the forum, and put your points across to your adversaries, rather than just to your supporters? Do it on a forum where you can't moderate and edit out anything that you don't like, where your opponents can voice their views without censure? Surely that is the best way to have an open debate?

Or is that the very thing you're afraid of...........................

OUFC: We'll provide facilities that will give North Oxford nationwide appeal, with world-class facilities at SB.
FOSB: No, we don't want that.
OUFC: Shame, but OK, we'll develop just the Triangle then and invest less in SB.
FOSB: Yes, but where are the benefits to the local population in this plan?

You're doing a great job on there @Scotchegg as I know just how frustrating some of the people on that site can be. I will return to the site at some point, but there's a good reason why now is not the time.

But here's a thought for Middleton and Campbell. Instead of just reading this post, as you obviously are reading all posts on here about the stadium, why don't you both join the forum, and put your points across to your adversaries, rather than just to your supporters? Do it on a forum where you can't moderate and edit out anything that you don't like, where your opponents can voice their views without censure? Surely that is the best way to have an open debate?

Or is that the very thing you're afraid of...........................
Middleton is supposed to be a local politician.
So shouldn't we expect local politicians to genuinely look at all sides and see what benefits propositions will give to the local community? Blindly opposing this plan with anything but neutrality is letting down the local population.
Then canceling any debate? I am not surprised that Labour want nothing to do with him.

One thing that I find frustrating in this is the gerrymandering of relevant boundaries, and the shutting down of debate as if FOSB really knows what is best for everyone else.
First it was Kidlington that had to have a key say (fair enough, we need and want to be good neighbours), then let's add in Wolvercote and Cutteslowe because they will be affected (or lobbyists live there?). Yes, I can see their point. But then let's ignore everyone who identified as an OUFC fan in the councils survey because they are biased. Let's ignore the vast majority of Kidlington residents who did not vote against the stadium. Let's mute everyone who doesn't agree with our point of view because we don't have strong enough arguments to counter them.
Surely everyone is biased. Let's listen to everyone and find compromises. Let's consider all those OUFC fans regardless of where they live because they will be directly affected every single match day, just like the residents.
It's quite clear that FOSB "don't need listening events" because they don't listen to anything outside their echo chamber.

The guy is a joke.
It doesn’t seem to matter what benefits are suggested to him. He doesn’t seem interested in the stadium’s Green credentials, the improvement to the sporting facilities to local people, the community projects, the jobs created, the extra revenue for the local economy etc.

I don’t think the NIMBY argument works for him either. He doesn’t live anywhere near the proposed site and won’t be impacted by it being there. And the site itself is scrubland with no public access, which I can’t see anyone having a meaningful connection with.

So what’s left? What’s he really about? There must be something personally driving his position on the stadium?? Is it politically motivated to somehow raise his profile and further his career? Although I’m not sure I can see how.

But there has been an interesting turn of events with Vicky admitting to her YF stalking!!

View attachment 13779View attachment 13780

Anyway! Hi Vicky!!

I find it more than a little creepy that your chum Muddleton is offering to act as Cilla Black to facilitate a date between us, but I'll happily take you to the first game of next season if you drop me a message!!!
The hypocrisy of hiding on this forum anonymously whilst doxxing you just about sums them up. Who's doing the stalking?

When it comes to politics and the Green Party, I don’t think it’s just Middleton and his duplicitous behaviour.

At a national level it appears to me that Labour are deliberately putting some clear water between themselves and the Greens.

Getting into bed with the greens and people like Middleton is not a vote winner. It’s also very noticeable in Scotland, the SNP and the Greens are doing a fine job of making voters turn their back on them. Labour will be keen to distance themselves from some of the contentious green policies, especially with a general election around the corner.

The LibDems locally and Nationally would be wise to take note in my view.

Yup, you'd think they'd know better given that their only just recovering from the coalition with the Tories.

It doesn’t seem to matter what benefits are suggested to him. He doesn’t seem interested in the stadium’s Green credentials, the improvement to the sporting facilities to local people, the community projects, the jobs created, the extra revenue for the local economy etc.

I don’t think the NIMBY argument works for him either. He doesn’t live anywhere near the proposed site and won’t be impacted by it being there. And the site itself is scrubland with no public access, which I can’t see anyone having a meaningful connection with.

So what’s left? What’s he really about? There must be something personally driving his position on the stadium?? Is it politically motivated to somehow raise his profile and further his career? Although I’m not sure I can see how.

I think it’s in some part ego. He revels being the maverick Green councillor taking on the high and mighty and winning (vegan meals at OCC, for example). He enjoys being a contrarian and arguing against whatever the popular opinion may be. Of course, we’re seeing where his colleagues are getting fed up of that now. Labour won’t work with him at CDC and he is increasingly ignored or shut out of debate at OCC. It’s a rod for his own back and he has to live with it.

He’s also in cahoots with FOSB despite his claims otherwise. To claim neutrality when you have Vicky Campbells’s husband Trevor - who was complicit in calling for the premature, money-wasting KPC poll - as your seconder for the CDC local elections is duplicitous. He’s a charlatan, disingenuous and very thin skinned.

When the downfall comes - which I hope is sooner rather than later - I’ll be celebrating with a big steak dinner.

Oh come on everybody, you can't talk to a bunch of grass munchers . I wonder if they played conkers at school before it got banned. Or sang nursery rhymes, to their kids ,before they got banned. Et ,etc ,the list goes on for ever. They're the green party , can't do this , can't say that, ban this ,ban that . Waste of time speaking to, but & it's a BIG BUT!!!! People have too engage, with them or people get will brainwashed. Middleton & his phycology, bullsh#t is so easy to spot. He's not as clever as he thinks..

I think it’s in some part ego. He revels being the maverick Green councillor taking on the high and mighty and winning (vegan meals at OCC, for example). He enjoys being a contrarian and arguing against whatever the popular opinion may be. Of course, we’re seeing where his colleagues are getting fed up of that now. Labour won’t work with him at CDC and he is increasingly ignored or shut out of debate at OCC. It’s a rod for his own back and he has to live with it.

He’s also in cahoots with FOSB despite his claims otherwise. To claim neutrality when you have Vicky Campbells’s husband Trevor - who was complicit in calling for the premature, money-wasting KPC poll - as your seconder for the CDC local elections is duplicitous. He’s a charlatan, disingenuous and very thin skinned.

When the downfall comes - which I hope is sooner rather than later - I’ll be celebrating with a big steak dinner.

Nail on the head, he is a professional contrarian, if his “ideology” became the norm he would find a new position in opposition to the one he supposedly currently supports.

Local Oxfordshire planning policies simply can’t let someone with his mindset prevail, not unless you want to see young people have to leave the county, as all opportunities for work and leisure are denied to them by a perverse individual on a power trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom