General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kassam had a planning application in for that about five years ago, for residential.

Did it get rejected? I can't see a residential development being allowed with the only road access from the ozone unless they were looking at opening priory road from either Littlemore (under the railway bridge) or the other end that joins Grenoble road.

Once the stadium is demolished I can see the whole lot being flattened and turn into a science hub with high end apartments.

Be careful! There are thrives about in Kidlington targeting cars again. We have been hit on Morton Avenue (second time this year) sometime either late last night or first thing this morning with items taken from cars on our driveway. If it is like last time, they are using some kind of key reading/cloning device to get in the cars and using Pear Tree as a base. Check your ring doorbells/cameras and make sure your keys and spare keys for vehicles are well away from cars (not like by the front door like ours)

Be the first to react

4 Comments

Josephine Collins

Josephine Collins

Cutteslowe

I recently bought Faraday Pouches from Amazon for my car keys. They claim to be
1h

Josephine Collins

Josephine Collins

Cutteslowe

Signal blocking. Hopefully they will protect my car keys.
1h

Layla S.

Layla S.

Old Marston

Wait till the stadiuk arrives.. more people, more problems.
47m

Bridget Blyth

Bridget Blyth

North Kidlington

@Layla

- stadiuk! Is this a new Russian drone🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
27m

Even before any decision is taken, people like Layla have a misguided impression of football supporters all thanks to those bloody spokespersons
All this crime in Kidlington…..makes you wonder why we’d want to build top class facilities in such an area

Did it get rejected? I can't see a residential development being allowed with the only road access from the ozone unless they were looking at opening priory road from either Littlemore (under the railway bridge) or the other end that joins Grenoble road.

Once the stadium is demolished I can see the whole lot being flattened and turn into a science hub with high end apartments.
I’d imagine the ozone complex will stay but there will certainly be properties built on the current stadium and over flow car park. I believe they also want to build houses on the land opposite the stadium.

I’d imagine the ozone complex will stay but there will certainly be properties built on the current stadium and over flow car park. I believe they also want to build houses on the land opposite the stadium..

This is what's going across the road from the stadium.

3,000 new homes
Extension to the science park
Park and ride

Will be a roundabout constructed on the A4074 to access the site and to link up to Grenoble road.

I remember talking to Bob Price (leader of Oxford City Council) at the time, and he said that they advised Kassam of what he needed to do to get through planning, but he kept cutting corners and it subsequently never got the go ahead.

But what Bob Price did say was that if the club did manage to move away, then Kassam would eventually get planning for housing for the whole site, but OCC were not going to make it easy for him.

This is what's going across the road from the stadium.

3,000 new homes
Extension to the science park
Park and ride

Will be a roundabout constructed on the A4074 to access the site and to link up to Grenoble road.
another protest group headed by a North Oxford resident gonna be mustering soon? FoSOGB?

As any one even had their car broken into during the whole time we have been at the stadium?!
Isn't the point more that instead of Kidlington car thieves breaking into Kidlington cars, they may attack those belonging to innocent football fans? Surely that's a benefit to the locals if you think about it. Not good for us, mind, but then we'll mostly be using the train anyway...

I’d imagine the ozone complex will stay but there will certainly be properties built on the current stadium and over flow car park. I believe they also want to build houses on the land opposite the stadium.
I think there will be a house build on the Grenoble road site, I thought I had read somewhere in the last couple of years that Oxford city council wanted to build 800 dwellings, with that I thought that would have to be tower blocks to accommodate that amount of dwellings.
As regards the opposite side of the road that’s South Oxford’s District council land so whether they would be a house build there or not, is another thing.

Edit have just read @OX14 post

Just catching up with the Oxford fail as I have been away for a few days and it appears that in Kidlington in the Groveland area that a teenager and two adults were arrested for brandishing a knife, should we now consider other options as it seems Kidlington is quite rife with potential violence and we don’t want that.

I think one or two of you are misunderstanding my post.

Kassam will 100% get planning for housing on the stadium site once we go, it will be the largest brownfield site in Oxford, but OCC will make him jump through as many hoops as possible, due to his previous behaviour. And I really hope they string it out as long as possible so that he's a very old man before he makes any more profit from his association with OUFC. Having said that, he'll probably just sell it to a developer once it's got outline planning permission.

Be a shame if a lobby group such as Friends of Kassam Stadium (FOKS) popped up and slowed the process down even further.........

I think one or two of you are misunderstanding my post.

Kassam will 100% get planning for housing on the stadium site once we go, it will be the largest brownfield site in Oxford, but OCC will make him jump through as many hoops as possible, due to his previous behaviour. And I really hope they string it out as long as possible so that he's a very old man before he makes any more profit from his association with OUFC. Having said that, he'll probably just sell it to a developer once it's got outline planning permission.

Be a shame if a lobby group such as Friends of Kassam Stadium (FOKS) popped up and slowed the process down even further.........
Think the priory has to be sorted,
Seems OCC we’re to scared to force him to keep it in the condition it was. Either that or the listed building status may get lifted and whoever gets to develop the Grenoble right will get permission to demolish it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom