General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nextdoor sets new record!

The announcement was posted up on the site and two or three comments were added saying basically "Should set minds to rest" and "Looks to be a top team". I went to add something similar - and it was gone!
Post it again.

Imagine looking after a forum and just deleting threads you didn't like... If I did that here there would only be threads about music and when we were good in the 80s and 90s...

A couple of images from AFL's website. I love the external look for the expansion project at Millwall, and the imaging that can be projected like the Swansea arena.

I would love to see the approach to the south side of the stadium lit up with images of Oxford United past and present, but with a more natural look to blend into the environment to the north and west in particular.

View attachment 13827View attachment 13828
If Hendrix is playing the opening ceremony i'm in.

Just catching up with the Oxford fail as I have been away for a few days and it appears that in Kidlington in the Groveland area that a teenager and two adults were arrested for brandishing a knife, should we now consider other options as it seems Kidlington is quite rife with potential violence and we don’t want that.
It was a bread knife - young Billy the Baker's son was cycling to the vicarage for a church fundraiser when it fell out of his knapsack and into the duck pond! Gerald and Dennis rushed out of their thatched cottages to offer him their bread knives when Policeman Peter showed up and nicked them for disturbing the peace with all their chuckling about the unfortunate incident. All a misunderstanding really, they all laughed about it later that night over a cup of ovaltine and a jam sandwich.

Such a tranquil little chocolate-box village.

Funnily enough 3 of 4 here are my customers, and I know the design teams at Ridge & AFL personally, whilst Fabrik work with one of my colleagues. Bound by our own customer NDA's but they're all leaders in their spaces.

As a layman, this looks like an extremely competent team of professionals and I'm particularly excited by the appointment of AFL Architects who designed Brentford's similar sized stadium on a smaller triangular plot.

Last edited:
I wouldn't describe only 20% of the electorate voting no as decisive.

View attachment 13830

But I'm not going to let them detract from the increased sense of excitement I'm feeling after the announcement of various firms who'll hopefully get the stadium built. Feels like full steam ahead.

They are clinging on to anything at this point considering their other arguments so far and the contradictions in their own statements.

If it was up to me we will have a projection on the side of the stadium for the first game saying 'Up yours, Vicky!' changing to 'Sod off Middleton!' and 'P**s off McIvor!'
I was going to say our logo, plus NIMBY in bright yellow but your slogans do the job!

They’ve done their job for the locals future, by stopping the build on Stratfield Brake. What could of been eh.

Instead we move along, and get told we can have land on the triangle, so we bring in world class firms with unbelievable knowledge and know how, to get the job completed. There will be enough there to begin with, and other things further down the line will take care of themselves.

It’s going to happen, and anyone with any doubts should be put to rest with this latest development from the football club.

I don't think they're doing themselves any favours by complaining that OCC haven't taken the poll results seriously when it was clear from the offset that the poll had absolutely nothing to do with them.

Equally KPC made it clear from the beginning that the poll was premature and that they would wait for all of the information to be made available before representing the views of the parish.

FoSB are looking to undermine the due diligence that they are constantly demanding. The process has been clearly described, with OCC running consultation between 5th June and 23rd July.

It's important that EVERYONE engages in this consultation. The last survey had 3700 responses, but we had nearly 3 times that many people attend the Accrington game a few weeks ago. The Oxford United Official Facebook page has 63,000 followers, there are nearly 100,000 followers on Twitter. We all know people who have been fans for years but don't use social media, others who are not fans but understand the benefits that this stadium will bring to the county.

We have to get all of to show their support for the stadium and the club. The comment one poster made yesterday of "what's the point?" is the mindset that will kill this project more than any environmental lobby group could ever manage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom