General Stadium Catering

You claimed "There is no record on the FSA website of the Kassam site being separately inspected or rated."
There is a clear record of both the stadium and the kiosks being separately inspected and rated.

Back in the day food premises were normally inspected when they were trading.
They can look perfect when they are shut.

I appreciate there has been challenges, but the food in the NS was terrible Saturday, The cheeseburgers aren’t great at the best of times, but my one was stone cold all the way through and so was the blokes in front of me, I should have took it back really but I just wanted some food as hadn’t eaten anything so couldn’t be arsed. Later on I got a homity pie and it was so overdone and burnt on the top it just wasn’t pleasant. Normally I love the homity pies as well so hopefully just a one off. I also had a curry pie which tbf was lovely(I know, I’m greedy). And I bought two drinks, so spent the best part £17-18. That’s a lot of money to spend on food that is burnt or cold.

Would be helpful if the price increases were displayed at the top too rather than just on the posters too the side, it held up the queue whilst some people(not me) were complaining about being charged differently to the prices on the board.

Just some feedback for you, and last thing, the staff serving were excellent, friendly with a smile on there face the whole time, and the new cashless screens worked well each time and are a good addition.
Sorry to hear that, I’ll make sure the staff are on it tomorrow, we are constantly looking at better ways to prepare the burgers and we’re looking at a few other options. As for the homity that was my fault, poor south east lower herd many choice words when I forgot they was in the oven. I thought I got rid of the worst ones but obviously I missed some, so I apologise.

As for prices, I simply ran out of time to put the corrections up above, should all be sorted for tomorrow.
Glad you liked the new tills, they will soon allow us to set up preordering to make life a little eaiser.

thank you for your continued support and as always we’re here to listen when we fudge it up.

bailey

@Farrscatering if I may comment on one thing, we had tea from the SSU outlet and it wasn't the best taste ever. I suspect that the water used was not just water but cross contaminated by whatever else was being dispensed from the machine. Seems a shame to waste good tea bags with tainted water. What is wrong with having a dedicated hot water supply?
Sorry to hear that, I’ll check the machines, we usually don’t have an issue with the machines. The tea water is dispensed through a separate valve and outlet on our machines so shouldn’t be anywhere near coffee products.

Sorry to hear that, I’ll make sure the staff are on it tomorrow, we are constantly looking at better ways to prepare the burgers and we’re looking at a few other options. As for the homity that was my fault, poor south east lower herd many choice words when I forgot they was in the oven. I thought I got rid of the worst ones but obviously I missed some, so I apologise.

As for prices, I simply ran out of time to put the corrections up above, should all be sorted for tomorrow.
Glad you liked the new tills, they will soon allow us to set up preordering to make life a little eaiser.

thank you for your continued support and as always we’re here to listen when we fudge it up.

bailey
Thanks for the response and explaination

On the plastic bottle issues and I’m guessing and speculating.

The festivals that have gone ahead over the last few weeks. Have they been plastic or glass?

Will your plastic issue be resolved anytime soon?

Reading festival is coming up and I don’t imagine them serving bottle pint glass which obviously takes time and money lost.
So a lot of festivals have gone to dispense, but there’s still a massive call for PET Bottles, for example our kopparberg bottles are festival stock lines, and even Budweiser when we can get it.

ive spoke to reps and like the microchip shortage for cars, bottling plants have concentrated on glass seeings as the demand for PET has tanked. I’ve been told i should have PET by the end of the month, but I’m trying to get stock in from where ever I can at the minute.

Back in the day food premises were normally inspected when they were trading.
They can look perfect when they are shut.
I'm as frustrated as the next person with the state of the stadium cleanliness on Saturday, but you just keep throwing out all kinds of comments around the food kiosks that are based on nothing more than speculation. As I've just shown, your claim that there is no record of the Kassam being inspected by the FSA is simply not true. We would do much better to work on the factual, evidenced issues that those attending on Saturday encountered. Farrs are listening to the concerns and hopefully tomorrow will have sorted things out.

Last edited:
So well over a year ago, and when was the last time you visited the East Stand?

Well yes, well over a year for fairly obvious reasons.

East Stand would probably have been against Gillingham or Doncaster in 2019..... it was a 3-0 win either way.

Have things at the stadium improved then?

Overheard on Saturday that the Catering company now have the contract with the club rather than Kassam.
I guess this is what @Farrscatering is hinting at in the earlier posts.

Overheard on Saturday that the Catering company now have the contract with the club rather than Kassam.
I guess this is what @Farrscatering is hinting at in the earlier posts.
Well if this is the case then I will be ending my boycott of all Kassam food and drink !
Farrscatering take my money 🍺🍺🍺🍺

Well if this is the case then I will be ending my boycott of all Kassam food and drink !
Don’t really get this ‘boycotting’ of farrs. It isn’t there fault we signed an atrocious contract not giving us any rights. Essentially they are the same as us, paying rent to use a facility for business purposes. I wonder if all the people who boycott them also boycotted the priory, or bowlplex or any other of kassams buildings.

Unfortunately your boycott was a waste of time. It's a shame so many still boycott thinking their money is going to Kassam.

Farrs have already said in the past if they made enough money they would donate a percentage to the club, which would have been excellent for OUFC.

Unfortunately too many still boycott making that impossible.

They hire the space from Kassam, that will happen no matter who is running the catering. Farrs have been there for years and fans of the club, fans have been missing a chance to help the club by boycotting for so long.

The least amount of money from my pocket that goes to Kassam the better in my eyes , so I’m very comfortable with my boycott thanks !

The least amount of money from my pocket that goes to Kassam the better in my eyes , so I’m very comfortable with my boycott thanks !
Even though your money wouldn't go to Kassam, but could go to OUFC. Unusual boycott I have to say!

So Farrscatering pay nothing to Kassam for selling their food

Back
Top Bottom