General Stadium Catering

I

Are you not highlighting a negative that may not be true? do you not trust the club?
I will take a wild uninformed guess couldn't food and drink income increase by 20% ?

I wonder whether our former teacher that has done this deal used to be a maths teacher? has he bamboozled Mr Kassam with some formula's?

Good news that we make some income and get to call the shots on the concourses before we buy the whole thing. :)

I`m more concerned that Niall genuinely thinks we wish to "eat & drink with friends" at the stadium as "part of the matchday experience" rather than rolling out of the Bird/Catherine Wheel etc as late as possible into the ground, into the seat, watch the game and go home/back to pub of choice.

There is only so much that can be served from a kiosk or a van and it`s primarily a space filler.

Good news this! I was really pleased when I saw the email and article earlier. Something OxVox under Mark and I’m sure other people have tried to sort out for a long time.

Anything that diverts coffers from Ka&&am back to OUFC, increases the range and quality of the product is only a positive step as far as I can see. I assume it’s the whole shooting match and whatever percentage was being argued about on here a long time ago? (20% I think).

So Kassam has given the club the concourse rents from Farrs but also has handed them responsibility for the concourses(including those rusty old urinals! I bet it costs more to update the toilets than the rent from Farrs. I will now use the concourse food bars - as long as they can shorten the queues
I'm sorry, I must be missing something. Where does it state that OUFC are now responsible for the upkeep of the toilets? I can see nothing but an agreement to run the concessions on the concourse' not the urinals.

I'm sorry, I must be missing something. Where does it state that OUFC are now responsible for the upkeep of the toilets? I can see nothing but an agreement to run the concessions on the concourse' not the urinals.
Maybe this from the club statement on the official site.

“We want to thank Firoz Kassam and Firoka. We talked it through, were very open and we have come to an agreement so that club is responsible for the concourses and therefore receives a healthy share of the money spent.

Not sure what it means? would it be preferable to be responsible for toilets?
Probably not great given they have decades of wear and tear with minimal investment is the concern.
Could the club increase revenue from adverts on any new screens?
Yes I'm sure they could for businesses that want to advertise to a couple of hundred fans once a fortnight.

P.S. The edit function saves double and triple posting.

I

Are you not highlighting a negative that may not be true? do you not trust the club?
I'm not highlighting a negative at all. And I said it makes good business sense even if there is cost behind taking more responsibility for the concourses.

Probably not great given they have decades of wear and tear with minimal investment is the concern.

Yes I'm sure they could for businesses that want to advertise to a couple of hundred fans once a fortnight.

P.S. The edit function saves double and triple posting.
Only trying to look for potentials, i don't think ive ever seen any screens in the north stand anyway! Birthday messages then, xmas messages then!

Only the loosest interpretation would have that including the toilets. Think again.
I disagree it seems very specific wording (Responsible for the concourses AND therefore...) to me but look forward to being proven wrong.

Furthermore it has already been reported that Fars are responsible for the cleaning of the concourses so it would also fit this move.

Only the loosest interpretation would have that including the toilets. Think again.

Though a Kassam legal eagle might interpret that it does. Obviously depends on the actual contract and what words are in there. I’d imagine Kassam has no interest In maintaining the concourses as the conference facilities don’t generally use them ? Do the exec boxes have separate facilities ?

I disagree it seems very specific wording (Responsible for the concourses AND therefore...) to me but look forward to being proven wrong.

Furthermore it has already been reported that Fars are responsible for the cleaning of the concourses so it would also fit this move.
I reported that Farr's were responsible for the cleaning contract so I believe I am aware of what that entails.

It follows a historic new agreement between the club and Firoka, which gives the club the rights for the catering and concessions within the stadium concourses, the first time that has happened for many years.

“We want to thank Firoz Kassam and Firoka. We talked it through, were very open and we have come to an agreement so that club is responsible for the concourses and therefore receives a healthy share of the money spent."

"Money spent"
being the operative phrase here, as in, buying something.

Isn't it wonderful what giving the fuller quote does for the interpretation?

Back
Top Bottom