Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looking at Wycombe’s transfer activity this summer.Currently they have brought in nine new signings ( four loans ) and lost a few decent players;

IN

Luke Leahy - LWB Shrewsbury undisclosed
Richard Keogh - CB Ipswich Free
Kane Vincent-Young - RWB Ipswich Free
Laurie Skala - GK C.Palace Free
Harry Boyes - MF Sheff Utd Loan
Dale Taylor - CF Nottm Forest Loan
Joe Low - CB Bristol C Free
Kian Breckin - MF Man City Loan
Freddie Potts - MF West Ham Loan

OUT

Jordan Obita - LB Hibernian Free
Curtis Thompson - MF Cheltenham Free
Nick Freeman - MF Stevenage Free
Lewis Wing - MF Reading Free
Dominic Gape - MF released - on trial at QPR
Darryl Horgan - ST Dundalk Free
Jack Wakely - ST Ebbsfleet Utd Loan
I’d say they’re better off now, only big losses would be Obita and Wing.

I'm surprised we've not had more departures so far. Any rumblings of people leaving that isnt just wishful thinking?
Really? I can't really see there being a long qué of potential takers for some of the players we want to offload.

£275k for Woltman is better value imo than £500k for Marriott.

I think too many people are sleeping on him as a ‘development signing’. We’ve signed him from Liverpool’s academy after all, not from non-league or Ireland.
It’s a bit early to say that he’s value isn’t it? I’m looking forward to seeing him play, but I don’t think he’ll get many league minutes and we haven’t got a great deal to go on as to whether he is worth 275k other than that he’s young and was at Liverpool. Donny fans certainly don’t think he’s worth that, not that it’s relevant.

All the best to the guy and let’s hope he’s dynamite, but let’s see.

It’s a bit early to say that he’s value isn’t it? I’m looking forward to seeing him play, but I don’t think he’ll get many league minutes and we haven’t got a great deal to go on as to whether he is worth 275k other than that he’s young and was at Liverpool. Donny fans certainly don’t think he’s worth that, not that it’s relevant.

All the best to the guy and let’s hope he’s dynamite, but let’s see.

It's a deal rising to £275k apparently, the initial fee is under £100k. I watched him in both friendlies and I could see he had something about him that with game time he could become a real asset and first name on the squad sheet.

£275k for Woltman is better value imo than £500k for Marriott.

I think too many people are sleeping on him as a ‘development signing’. We’ve signed him from Liverpool’s academy after all, not from non-league or Ireland.
It’s also worth noting that Brannagan came from the same set up and he hasn’t turned out to be a bad signing.

I imagine Woltman will play as a false 9 or behind Harris.

The way Manning sets up then I can’t see us getting an out and out number 9. We have GOD who can be the physical presence up front as an option.

Quite right. Let's get this thread back on the topic of Transfer News.

What did everyone think of the transfer of power from Nero to Galba?
I drove to Rome to witness it in an Austin Metro, my first car, discuss

It's a deal rising to £275k apparently, the initial fee is under £100k. I watched him in both friendlies and I could see he had something about him that with game time he could become a real asset and first name on the squad sheet.
I thought he looked decent in the friendlies too, always looking to receive the ball and to drift into space & also drive at the defence. I reckon he will be a good acquisition & is probably what we see as a replacement for Henry going forward.

Great signing, welcome Max!

This is the kind of signing we used to make during the MApp era, finding young gems on the fringes of premier league first teams, and turning them into senior players, and eventually selling them on for a tidy profit.

Great to see a return to this model with this signing.

Well done Liam and the recruitment team 👏👏

NEXT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom