Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
the 'open day' (tomorrow) would be an ideal event to unveil a new signing or loanee in pr terms ... not that Im itk in anyway ...

the 'open day' (tomorrow) would be an ideal event to unveil a new signing or loanee in pr terms ... not that Im itk in anyway ...
That would be ace. Just casually have a new face in the line up for autographs.

Not sure where to put this but just got a mention on talksport with Ramon Diaz heading to Argentina

"Not keen" on dropping down to L1 but perfectly happy to go play in a farmer's league. Can only assume it's someone in Europe (for a round or two, anyway).

Anyway, his loss. We move on.

If it is Odense, they finished 8th in the Danish Superliga and failed to qualify for European competition

Perhaps he's there for the bacon and pastries?

Last edited:
If it is Odense, they finished 8th in the Danish Superliga and failed to qualify for European competition

Perhaps he's there for the bacon and pastries?

I’d imagine at least part of the reason he’s there is to put some actual, physical distance between himself and what happened at Millwall. And that’s fair enough in my book.

Surprised McGinty hasn't been loaned out as of yet, not sure the squad can carry three senior keepers.

Feel like Henry could depart too, has been injured but whilst I can see the reasons for keeping him, I'm not sure where he fits in a Manning side.

Wildshut I know we've been trying to shift all summer, will one club finally take us up on that offer?

Talking of McGinty and Wildschut, thought I’d remind myself of our summer signings in 2022. It will be interesting to compare with our final recruitment when this summer transfer window closes.

Findlay. Fee undisclosend.
Wildshcut. Fee undisclosed.
McGinty. Fee undisclosed.
Anderson. Fee undisclosed.
Murphy.
Jones.
Baldock.
Brown.

Findlay, Anderson and Jones have all departed.
Wildschut, McGinty, Murphy and Baldock are struggling to get any game time (or injured) , and don’t look to be in the manager’s future plans.
Brown was player of the season.

The club wasted a huge amount of money last summer on panicky signings, plus some top dollar salaries and contracts dished out like confetti.

Manning has done a pretty decent job so far trying to sort out Robinson’s mess, but there’s still plenty to do. Going to take at least two windows.

Perhaps we were the ones dragging our feet because we couldn’t finalise a deal until somebody left first, and Burey has had enough of waiting around aimlessly?
Cant have been that important then if we kept him waiting.?

The fees (including Murphy’s cushty signing on fee) and wages for those eight players combined last season was around £2.3million
I'm gobsmacked by that figure. I'm sure you are right Ryan but wow, how the hell did this happen?

The fees (including Murphy’s cushty signing on fee) and wages for those eight players combined last season was around £2.3million

Add to that the money Robinson received when his contract was eventually terminated.

A reward for failure if ever there was one.

Would more likely sit in the home end if this was the case I would have thought, a lot like you see a lot of players in the corner of the SSU.

I'm not sure he would have been welcome in the Derby end.

Talking of McGinty and Wildschut, thought I’d remind myself of our summer signings in 2022. It will be interesting to compare with our final recruitment when this summer transfer window closes.

Findlay. Fee undisclosend.
Wildshcut. Fee undisclosed.
McGinty. Fee undisclosed.
Anderson. Fee undisclosed.
Murphy.
Jones.
Baldock.
Brown.

Findlay, Anderson and Jones have all departed.
Wildschut, McGinty, Murphy and Baldock are struggling to get any game time (or injured) , and don’t look to be in the manager’s future plans.
Brown was player of the season.

The club wasted a huge amount of money last summer on panicky signings, plus some top dollar salaries and contracts dished out like confetti.

Manning has done a pretty decent job so far trying to sort out Robinson’s mess, but there’s still plenty to do. Going to take at least two windows.

League minutes played last season:
Findlay - 3151
Wildschut - 1071
McGinty - 270
Murphy - 956
Jones - 13
Baldock - 107
Anderson - 1265
Brown - 3775

What fantastic value for money. That’s without taking into account Fleming, Smith and Konate in January. A total shambles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom