Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great signing!

More clear signs that we finally have a manager who understands the game, and the importance of having genuine competition in all positions.

Well done Liam and the recruitment team 👏 👏

And a big thanks to the board for making it all happen 👏

Welcome Greg, good luck!

NEXT!

Right then, striker and a winger to finish the window off.
Don’t forget the defensive brick sh*t house midfielder as well, just to cover every option and complete the ultimate window!

Not bad work all this from LM and EW (had to use a couple anachronims 😉) only taken a few months to do what someone else couldn’t manage with countless attempts!

Don’t forget the defensive brick sh*t house midfielder as well, just to cover every option and complete the ultimate window!

Not bad work all this from LM and EW (had to use a couple anachronims 😉) only taken a few months to do what someone else couldn’t manage with countless attempts!
I am.not sure that Manning thinks that we need a DMF player.

A left sided attacker next? A loan to cover for Browne? Someone like Mighten? Kyle Edwards? Longman?

Still feel like there will be a few more additions (left sided attacker and striker).
Longman is the pick of the bunch for me. Can play across the front 3, had a good spell in league 1 a few years ago and has played a handful of times in the championship. Believe we’re said to be interested in him as well.

Yes, with Browne now out the 3 centre backs may be a more suitable formation.

Negru could play on the right side (more natural for him?) of Moore with Brown on the left, and then Long and Thorniley can cover all 5 positions....

Leigh and Stevens either side of Cam and McGuane, pushing on and getting some width in to our play. Josh and Oisin to back up either of the central players....

Either Rodrigues behind a two up front or Rodrigues and Bodin in behind Harris....?

Tyler could play just off the striker, Gats could play in a two up front....?

.....so it's Henry/Murphy/Mills who are probably not the ones who are not best suited to the 3 at the back....?

At least we now have some options and flexibility.....considering where we thought we were with the squad just a few weeks ago it really is a remarkable turnaround by Manning. Looking forward to see who else we bring in and how the team develops more as we go on through the season. COYY's!!
Negru in the middle, for me. Either Brown or Thorniley on the left and Long to the right of him. Allows him to step in and solidify the midfield when needed as well

Can't believe browne is out for months that really sucks can never seem to get him playing regularly.

Longman went for talks with a Turkish club a couple of weeks ago, but doesn't look as if he wanted to go . Loan cover for Marcus ?

I think it will be 1 more in (a striker) and that will be it for players coming in.

Funny how football works, now Browne is out then I think Murphy will stay.

Message for the board and the manager:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Thank you for building the best squad for several years. Whatever happens this season I’m sure it will be more enjoyable than last season. Didn’t expect us to build so well this quickly!

I think it will be 1 more in (a striker) and that will be it for players coming in.

Funny how football works, now Browne is out then I think Murphy will stay.
As I’ve said before, I want Murphy to play cos I’m curious. But if he doesn’t step up in the next two games he will surely go, probably abroad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom