Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calm down Calm down! There's another 12 hours yet.... nothing can possibly go wrong

Attachments

• robbo.jpeg
    robbo.jpeg
    5.2 KB · Views: 1
I am not sure that LM rates him ( or he thinks that he isn't ready).
He hasn't played any minutes this season even at Bristol City where he was on the bench.
I think that’s more to do with the quality of the other three than the lack of faith in Smyth. He’s a relatively inexpensive back-up option who can do a job when required.

I am not sure that LM rates him ( or he thinks that he isn't ready).
He hasn't played any minutes this season even at Bristol City where he was on the bench.
He looked ok when he played last season but I don't think he's at the level of the other 3. He's in an awkward position of not being able to get a place here but also needed for squad depth so he can't really be loaned out or it leaves us short. At 23 he's probably missed his chance here and will need to step down a level to get his career back on track. He's been another victim of Robinson unfortunately and spent some crucial years for his development playing under a vindictive clown , he was very highly rated and showed enough when he did play that it's inconceivable he barely made a squad for talent reasons alone.

Last edited:
I think that’s more to do with the quality of the other three than the lack of faith in Smyth. He’s a relatively inexpensive back-up option who can do a job when required.
Maybe. I am.just surprised that he didn't have some minutes v Bristol City.
I am sure that the hope is that 2 of the other 3 are always available, but if not?

Exactly - the mantra is that the whole have to be ready when and if required-if you aren't getting minutes then take the chance if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom