Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

How many games was Ben Woodburn MOTM in while he was here? How many times did people see him stand out and clearly be the best player on the pitch, or even just the best player in a yellow shirt? I don’t remember any. I remember him getting subbed off after an hour loads of times, though. He needs to fix that wherever he goes next.

On a more general note: if you were to take only the players on the books right now, and only subtract Dickie as the only one almost certain to leave, how many players do we still need to be competitive?

How many games was Ben Woodburn MOTM in while he was here? How many times did people see him stand out and clearly be the best player on the pitch, or even just the best player in a yellow shirt? I don’t remember any. I remember him getting subbed off after an hour loads of times, though. He needs to fix that wherever he goes next.

On a more general note: if you were to take only the players on the books right now, and only subtract Dickie as the only one almost certain to leave, how many players do we still need to be competitive?

Four.

3, maybe 4. In order of need:

CF - to alternate with Taylor when he needs a rest/has a bad game/injured. Agyei is more of a wide forward and KR obviously doesn't see him as a starter yet. Two forwards is not enough.

CM - to start alongside Brannagan and Gorrin. A Kelly type of player.

CB - if/when Dickie leaves. Not sure Mousinho is up to a full season, and Atkinson and youth players are relatively untested at this level.

Possibly another winger with a bit of speed (more so than Henry).

EDIT: can I add in a new GK at 3. One who commands his area and has good, quick distribution.

Think we badly need a new winger. Love Sykes and Henry is Henry. But Cooper and Agyei are very raw still.

Last edited:
3, maybe 4. In order of need:

CF - to alternate with Taylor when he needs a rest/has a bad game/injured. Agyei is more of a wide forward and KR obviously doesn't see him as a starter yet. Two forwards is not enough.

CM - to start alongside Brannagan and Gorrin. A Kelly type of player.

CB - if/when Dickie leaves. Not sure Mousinho is up to a full season, and Atkinson and youth players are relatively untested at this level.

Possibly another winger with a bit of speed (more so than Henry).

EDIT: can I add in a new GK at 3. One who commands his area and has good, quick distribution.
CB x 2 Divers not duckers

CB x 2 Divers not duckers
Elliot Moore after his first full season is better than Dickie was by the end of his. I absolutely expect Moore to keep progressing, along the same trajectory. I know he made a questionable decision but that was due to gamesmanship, from the Wycombe subs. In my opinion, he had a really solid season.

I dont think we need to spend out on a new CB when you could have Moore in there with the rotation of Mous, Atkinson and even Nico Jones for lesser cup games, if he doesnt go out on loan. I'm going to put my neck out and say many of you are going to be surprised by how good Atkinson is, when the time comes.

Last edited:
Nico will be ready if we give him a few games and are ready to take the gamble, be bold and be rewarded. Moore is an exceptional talent and improving his ball playing and runs at a rate of knots

Nico will be ready if we give him a few games and are ready to take the gamble, be bold and be rewarded. Moore is an exceptional talent and improving his ball playing and runs at a rate of knots
I would like to think Atkinson would be above Nico in the pecking order. I think a loan move for Nico, would be best at this stage? Not doubting his long term potential but I think he might struggle against the better sides in our division.

Have to disagree with you there. A couple of my neighbours are Spitfires supporters and they were gobsmacked when we bought Atkinson. They hadn't seen anything from him that set him above a dozen other Conference CBs. But Nico does seem to have something a bit special and is naturally left-footed. So long as our sports psycho man can keep his head straight I think he will end next season as first choice alongside Moore (unless Dickie stays of course).
You're joking. Right?

Either they don't know what a good CB looks like and the other fans of the club and the league are wrong, or the Conference is a breeding ground for undiscovered talents like Atkinson that we should be looking to sign as well.

He is quality. No doubt about it.

I've seen lots of clips of him and he looks far, far better than Nico Jones. Far better than a lot of CB's I have seen; albeit at lower level. I think Jones is way off being a regular starter. He needs a good loan move before he should even be considered.

Screenshot_20200810-010409_Twitter.jpg20200810_010558.jpg20200810_010609.jpg20200810_010940.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom