Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who has ever been to Annecy will be able to tell you what a picturesque place it is. There's also a fantastic lake and you can rent pedalos on it. I'd be surprised if Kashi would want to give that up.
Equally as nice, the other side of the A40 is Yvoire. As for the standard of football at Annecy, nothing like as good as the scenery, and that’s being generous to the football!

It doesn’t matter now as it won’t happen and he will probably leave but the point is, he’s literally only made a handful of starts as a central striker and done well in the majority of them. In his appearances on the wings (both sides) he’s been wildly hit and miss, often not tracking back enough (but good in some).

All I’m saying is, it’s easy to say you don’t think he’d do well with even two consecutive starts as a central striker - but he’s never even had that. Given that Sam Winnall has, and certainly hasn’t pulled up any trees, why not give Dan the same chance?

I don’t think he will do well up front as he hasn’t shown application in his wing role so why should he be given the opportunity? If he put the effort in on the wing then he might be trusted to play up front

Kane would be a top signing, but my 5 would be:

1. Baldock
2. Long (2020-21)
3. Cadden
4. Kane
5. Kenny

(I think Long at his best last season edged Cadden because he was that bit better defensively, and, while Kenny has probably had the highest ceiling since leaving us, I was never blown away by him when he was here - although maybe that was just because he had a very tough act to follow).

A fully fit Long showed last year that he is one of the best RBs in the division. Easy 'first name on the team sheet' territory. He's worked really hard to add attacking threat and physicality to his game and it really showed last year. All credit to him. If you're being ruthless though, I think his injury record means we have to seriously consider looking at a replacement, top-tier fullback. You don't rotate a back 4 in the same way that you would a midfield or attack, so, as long as Long is first choice, we're never going to be able to get in a Seddon-style player as 'backup'. Noone of sufficient quality is going to come to sit on the bench behind Long (when he's fit).

This isn't to denigrate Long at all. I absolutely love him, we all do. But he was out for three separate spells in the run-in last season, and his career here has been stunted before by injuries. If this latest one is as bad as, reading between the lines, it seems to be, it's the latest in what is becoming a concerning pattern.
Yes I agree, the main reason Long was so far down the list is because he has been missing for long spells during the time in which he has been good enough for the first team.

I think Kane would be brilliant as he is available and can play right and leftback.

it's strange that once people give the impression they don't like a player that he should be sent packing.

I remember when Sam Long started out as a centre half and i thought the guy had a decent future, for whatever reason it didn't work out but many on here over the previous couple of seasons said he was useless and a liability and should be moved on.
We all know how that has worked out this last season but some are still going through the same thought process with Mark Sykes and Dan Agyei who both have fans saying send out on loan or get rid.

Many also don't like Sam Winnall but against Bolton playing alongside Matty Taylor we saw what he can do and as i've said many times in the brief minutes Agyei and Taylor played together there was a telepathic understanding between the 2 so surely the diamond system that helped us create numerous chances is worth trying more than once with Matty and Sam and trying with Matty and Dan.

it's strange that once people give the impression they don't like a player that he should be sent packing.

I remember when Sam Long started out as a centre half and i thought the guy had a decent future, for whatever reason it didn't work out but many on here over the previous couple of seasons said he was useless and a liability and should be moved on.
We all know how that has worked out this last season but some are still going through the same thought process with Mark Sykes and Dan Agyei who both have fans saying send out on loan or get rid.

Many also don't like Sam Winnall but against Bolton playing alongside Matty Taylor we saw what he can do and as i've said many times in the brief minutes Agyei and Taylor played together there was a telepathic understanding between the 2 so surely the diamond system that helped us create numerous chances is worth trying more than once with Matty and Sam and trying with Matty and Dan.
That's a fair point, but the flip side is that if the team is to improve, it may need somebody like Harrison coming in for Agyei or Winnall.
I reckon that neither are good enough to fill in for Taylor and we do need another option

It's really tough because the backend of last season felt like we were seeing what Dan is REALLY capable of - but it now appears to be more of a purple patch. From what I've seen and heard from last nights game Agyei gave a kid playing out of position zero defensive support against higher league opposition which is really really poor. I've been a big fan of his but I'm really struggling to keep defending poor performances because of what COULD be. Similar could be said about Winnall too, although I think he's started the season better than how he ended the last which is the opposite of Agyei.
To be honest, and I hope this doesn't come across too rude, but from watching his demeanour, and at times complete lack of focus in games, and listening to him in interviews, he comes across as being nowhere near the sharpest tool in the box, and slightly fragile, naive and immature for his age, and maybe thats why he struggles to follow tactical instructions?

At times, he looks lost and confused, like he doesn't know what to do for the best, and looks like he's scared of getting a bollocking for getting it wrong!

He's clearly a confidence player, and person, who probably needs to be constantly patted on the back and encouraged to get the best out of him, instead of shouted at every time he does something wrong, something Robbo does to him a lot, but that only works with certain players, and Dan seems a bit psychologically fragile, and shouting and hollering at him is counter-productive, people like him respond better to an arm around the shoulder.

He's clearly gone back into his shell since the end of last season, which suggest he hasn't been receiving the positive praise and encouragement that he needs.

He doesn't seem to have much of a footballing brain at the moment, and would probably benefit from being allowed to just go out on the pitch, and play in his most natural position, which he himself has said is through the middle, and not be overloaded with tactics, or screamed and shouted at, but shown trust and encouragement, then who knows, his confidence might increase, and he'll start to show the form he was showing at the end of last season, when he had moments when he looked unplayable, and was coming out of his shell, and seeming a lot more confident, on and of the pitch.

The lad's clearly got ability, but he's also clearly fragile, and maybe Robbo simply isn't the right kind of manager or person to get the best out of Dan, or maybe he's just not psychologically mature enough for mens professional football?

But he needs Robbo to give him a proper chance...

That's a fair point, but the flip side is that if the team is to improve, it may need somebody like Harrison coming in for Agyei or Winnall.
I reckon that neither are good enough to fill in for Taylor and we do need another option
Not sure about Harrison his goal scoring record isn’t the best and if someone was to shoulder the responsibility for goals then I think we should look elsewhere.

Not sure about Harrison his goal scoring record isn’t the best and if someone was to shoulder the responsibility for goals then I think we should look elsewhere.
I am not really talking of goals
I am talking of a forward who is a good target man and bullies defenders. So something different
We do have a few players who can score potentially off a decent target man.

with respect how can there be a flip side to something that has not been tried.can the team not improve trying what i stated. if you don't try or give it a fair try then you'll never know.

said it before it's staring us in the face

I think 3/4 players will be coming in and good at that 🤞Iam sure wants to put down a marker to the boys

Nope. Robbo is doing his usual blowing out his a**e about Erick telling him to get who he needs, but im sure we are about to have a "Jamo (Hanson) is back and looking good, Sammy just needs a few more games" story in the Mail this week.
1629922682633.jpeg

with respect how can there be a flip side to something that has not been tried.can the team not improve trying what i stated. if you don't try or give it a fair try then you'll never know.

said it before it's staring us in the face
My view is that we need an upgrade on 2 of the strikers to progress .
Teams that improve regularly replace decent players with better ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom