Away Match Day Thread +++ 09/01/2018 Charlton Athletic v OUFC EFL Trophy +++

Tot of Vodka (Finnish) wacth sum drivel on tv shod be nuff to send me off../.. :sleep:

Through to the quarter finals:

Chelsea U.21, Peterborough Utd, Lincoln City, Yeovil Town,
Fleetwood Town, Oxford Utd, Oldham or Leicester U.21,
Shrewsbury Town or Blackpool.

We want Leicester City u21 in the final! :LOL:
It would be moved to midweek as Leicester have first team commitments at the weekend! Not that I'm bitter or find these "Under 23" team selection rules farcical....:(

Nice to see Luton go out, however it's always a good away day - I always come back from their ground being thankful for what we have.

Have I used up all my luck starting matchday threads?

Should I be starting a matchday thread in the EFL Trophy?

What will the matchday thread Gods make of it?

We’ll find out soon enough. On to the game, well to honest I’m too confident about this one, however I can see us sneaking a fortuitous draw, probably a score draw.

Pep surprises everyone by reverting back to a lone striker.

Van Kessel is forgiven for not passing on Saturday, Thomas isn’t and drops to the bench.

2-2 Obika & Van Kessel, with Holmes scoring for Charlton. We win 5-4 on penalties.

Eastwood
Carroll, Martin, Williamson, Ricardinho,
Ledson, Mowatt,
Henry, Payne, Van Kessel,
Obika.

Subs, Shearer, Tiendalli, Ruffels, Xemi, Thomas, Napa, Mehmeti.

Phew, that was close!:eek:

So a score draw and a win on penalties :cool:

The superstitious amongst you happy for me to continue with the next matchday thread?;)

Yeovil Town at home please.

Also, great to see Raglan on the bench tonight, would be a real boost to have him available.

Through to the quarter finals:

Chelsea U.21, Peterborough Utd, Lincoln City, Yeovil Town,
Fleetwood Town, Oxford Utd, Oldham or Leicester U.21,
Shrewsbury Town or Blackpool.

Seriously, this is a pointless competition at the best of times - but that is one of the least exciting and inspiring list of QF opponents that you could ever expect to have in any football league competition!

We're going to lose in the final again, aren't we? B*****s to it.

Seriously, this is a pointless competition at the best of times - but that is one of the least exciting and inspiring list of QF opponents that you could ever expect to have in any football league competition!

Yes. Yes we are.

Personally I felt more passionate about the Setanta Shield way back when.

Imagine if it was an u21 team in the final? That would be insulting.

We must hold the record for most consecutively competed in rounds in this competition, back to back finals followed by a quarter final? All without winning it as well.

Phew, that was close!:eek:

So a score draw and a win on penalties :cool:

The superstitious amongst you happy for me to continue with the next matchday thread?;)
YR you are nailed on and another nearly spot on prediction

Back
Top Bottom