• SUB: Henry

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bath Yellow

Last edited by a moderator:
We’re not the team we were a couple of months ago, desperately in need of reinforcements in January.

Thorniley looks as nervous as a puppy standing next to a pile of poo.

Both Bennet and Bodin being warmed up at half time, Josh and Thorniley off I would imagine

What’s happened to us?

Earlier in the season we were a bright, attacking side, full of confidence, packed full of good players. Now… we’re not.

We look slow, clueless, low on confidence. We pass it slowly and aimlessly around at the back and then every so often, smash it forwards. It’s so painful and sad to see after how good we’ve been previously. Reading aren’t even a good side!

McEachran has barely passed it forwards once, looks weak and slow. Stevens has improved from a poor start to being merely average. Brannagan, as predicted, isn’t involved in the game when he’s high up the pitch.

Moore has been solid, Harris and Mills did well for the goal, and Murphy has looked dangerous at times, but overall it’s not been great.

I’d take off Thorniley at half time for Bennett and move Brown inside, and get Bodin on for McEachran and bring Brannagan deeper.

I'd be tempted to bring Thoniley off for Bennet at half time and push Brown central.

Really low quality half and a terrible Reading side have had the better chances.

IMO it was a pen

I can forgive a team for looking low on quality with the players we have missing but Reading are winning the 50-50's and the second balls which is unforgivable in a local derby. We dont look up for it.

Not sure what I would do. Maybe bring JM off and Tyler into the 10 role but the issue is how toothless we look in the final 3rd

We’re not the team we were a couple of months ago, desperately in need of reinforcements in January.
That’s true but that’s also because we’re missing 4 or 5 absolutely critical players to when we were flying. Need to be firm but fair, we should have enough today but comparing us to a day where we have edwards flying down one side with Leigh in support, Browne down the other, Negru looking like the next big thing and Rodrigues pulling strings is a pointless exercise. I’ve named 3 of the best players in the division there!

McEachran and McGuane don’t look a good combination and Brannagan not in the game so far in the role he’s in. I’d take McEachran off, drop CB alongside McGuane and bring Bodin on. Also JT off Bennett on and switch Brown into the middle

Not good that......their goal did seem to be blatantly offside, but other than that they've been by far the more dangerous side.

We should have the extra man in the middle but it's not really showing. Mostly because both the Mcs just turn round and pass the ball back to our defense 90% of the time they get the ball. We need the ball-carrying McGuane back, and if he's not going to do it, we need to get Tyler on instead.
I know you don’t like him but McGuane has at least driven forwards a few times, and passed it forwards - I think genuinely 90% of McEachrans passes have been backwards, it’s harsh to lump the two in together when the latter has been much worse!

Disagree, yes they look dangerous on the counter but over all we have been the better team. We need to get it out wide more and run at them and get balls into the box. We grew into the game and I still think we will go on and beat them.

On what grounds? We've created less chances and less half chances, made more defensive errors. We've had more possession but it's mostly been slowly recycled possession at the back.

I believe that we have the better players, but we were not the better team in that half.

Considering how poor Reading are (both today, and all season), we should be on top of them but we haven't been.

Disagree, yes they look dangerous on the counter but over all we have been the better team. We need to get it out wide more and run at them and get balls into the box. We grew into the game and I still think we will go on and beat them.
We've passed the ball way more than them, but unfortunately that doesn't get goals or even chances if 90% of them are slow or backwards. Reading have had way more chances as they actually are attacking quicker and just taking two or three passes before getting the ball into dangerous areas.

Slow and backwards passing is not playing better.

I'm in line with the penalty spot and Smith was two yards offside. Not the only time, the lino missed two more easy ones. He just doesn't keep up with play.
We are getting done down the sides too often.

I know you don’t like him but McGuane has at least driven forwards a few times, and passed it forwards - I think genuinely 90% of McEachrans passes have been backwards, it’s harsh to lump the two in together when the latter has been much worse!

It's not that I don't like him.....I just think he could be unbelievably good if he was more aggressive and less conservative. But too often he takes the safe option.

And yes, McEachran has been worse but they've both been culpable.

How can people not understand that Thorniley was booked - and diving in on that lad would’ve just got himself sent off (he was never getting the ball)

You can make the argument that he was way too slow to react in the first place - but by the time he was letting the guy go it was the right decision
But he wouldn’t have needed to ‘dive in’. He would’ve been a massive, massive favourite to win the ball.

McEachran and McGuane don’t look a good combination and Brannagan not in the game so far in the role he’s in. I’d take McEachran off, drop CB alongside McGuane and bring Bodin on. Also JT off Bennett on and switch Brown into the middle
Yeah I agree, Cam need to be the one receiving the ball from the defence. He can control the game for us. McEachran is rusty and has been caught out a couple of times. Get Bodin in the 10 behind Harris. He’s our top scorer and we need him out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom