Votes: 39 76.5%
  • Shrewsbury Town

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
5 wins from 6 is a tall order. However, win these next two home games and 3 wins from 4 seems much more doable. But this is Oxford so chances are, we even if we win 5, a strange series of results in other games mean it's not enough.

Not really relevant, but it looks like we have been in the same league as Shrewsbury for seven of the last ten seasons. So after promotion from the conference, we played them for three out of our six seasons in L2 when they got promoted back to L1 a year before us, then from 2016-17 onwards all four seasons in L1.

Stevens
Long Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Brannagan
Henry Sykes
Agyei Taylor Barker

SUBS: Shodipo, Forde, Lee, Winnall, Hanson, Grayson, Eastwood​

Last edited:
Stevens
Brannagan
Henry Sykes
Agyei Taylor Barker

SUBS: Shodipo, Forde, Kelly, Winnall, Hanson, Grayson, Eastwood​
I think that Lee did well Saturday (and a few have said how Lee, Henry and Long combined well).
Is he out tomorrow?

Start the team that started Saturdays win and just let them have fun we should be to strong for Shrewsbury if we play like we did on Saturday
3-1 barker Taylor agyei
But our players are so inconsistent as individuals that we could start the same XI but look like a team who have never met before.....
..... and that is what has done for us this year

I think that Lee did well Saturday (and a few have said how Lee, Henry and Long combined well).
Is he out tomorrow?
Forgot all about Lee!

Corrected the oversight, but I’d still start with Agyei, as after the last couple of excellent cameos out wide, I’d like to see if he could have a future on the right, although I still want to see a lot more of him playing through the middle as well.

Lee did very well against Crewe, but after clearly working so hard to improve and get himself back in the side, Agyei deserves to be starting every game between now and the end of the season in my opinion.

Last edited:
But our players are so inconsistent as individuals that we could start the same XI but look like a team who have never met before.....
..... and that is what has done for us this year
Maybe if the shackles are taken off and they enjoy themselves like they did Saturday they might become more consistent

Stevens
Brannagan
Henry Sykes
Lee Agyei Barker​

I’d rest Matty Taylor and start Agyei, Taylor was one of only four outfield players not to score on Saturday and although he worked hard he also missed the ball for Henry’s goal, whereas Dan got an assist in his half an hour on the pitch. People will say I’m just biased though πŸ˜…

When was the last time we started the same side twice running. I can't remember at all.

It must be 25 years since we beat Shrewsbury 6-0 at home in April 1996 on way to promotion from this league.

It`s written in the stars if you know your history..........................................

:)

Stevens
Brannagan
Henry Sykes
Agyei Taylor Barker

SUBS: Shodipo, Forde, Lee, Winnall, Hanson, Grayson, Eastwood​
Have you committed the great and unforgivable sin of suggesting Agyei start on the wing? πŸ˜‚

Looking at how we've played this season, I think we can be sure of one thing - we won't play like we did last time. We seem to be incredibly inconsistent but I think we'll ride the wave of the win and snatch a 2-1 victory, a bit like the Southend game last season. We need to go back to OxBall at its finest, and I think we're close - skilful left winger; Henry swinging them in from the right, Taylor banging them in; Sykes and Brannagan with the vision in midfield and the fullbacks bombing on.

However I think Tayls should have a rest this week so I'd like up like this:

Stevens
Longy Moore Atkinson Ruffs
Sykes Brannagan Lee
Henry Agyei Barker

COYY

I think you’ll maybe see Winnall & Gorrin if fit in for Henry & Taylor due to the quick turnaround.

Taylor was one of only four outfield players not to score on Saturday

Long, Atkinson, Lee, Sykes and Taylor from the starting line up didn't score, and if we are referencing Agyei's cameo then a further 3 outfield players also didn't score (Hanson, Agyei and Shodipo).

But that aside, I thought Taylor led the line well and looked far more dangerous than we've seen in recent weeks. He hassled and chased the defence and created space for others to play in. That is exactly what we need from lone strikers and for that reason I can see Taylor starting most games between now and the end of the season. Agyei has been brilliant but in a different role, and one that is better suited to coming on later in the game (even on the wing!)

No reason to changing the starting line up we had on Saturday and would stick with that until May unless we have injuries.

I'd take a repeat of the 1-0 when we won Div 2 1984/5 the game that clinched us promotion .
Yep, and I'll try to not invade the pitch before it's over this time πŸ˜‚ stupid ref giving an offside in stoppage time and causing about 1000 highly excited fans to think the game was over when it wasn't πŸ˜‚

Yep, and I'll try to not invade the pitch before it's over this time πŸ˜‚ stupid ref giving an offside in stoppage time and causing about 1000 highly excited fans to think the game was over when it wasn't πŸ˜‚
I was there but a bit too young to join in , and my Dad wouldn't let me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom