Home Match Day Thread 16/4/24 Oxford United v Lincoln City

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lincoln made Wycombe look like 1953 Hungarian team. What a team of shithouses. Their keeper was brilliant admittedly.

Thought we lost the plot in second half. Really missed the big man up front option. Fear for Harris, he must have 50,000 miles on clock already this season and he’s a long way from a gas station.

We consistently stuff up against orc based opposition. Still very naive in big moments, we could do with a bit more referee intimidation. They should call Mackie in for some consultancy.

MOM, Long, he’s actually a better centre back than right back. Very polished performance and he brings the ball out nicely.

I assume the sponsors who made Murphy MOM were on the cheap booze all game. He looked tired . Dale was v good on first half, but faded alarmingly.

But thought we stuck at it though and we are still in the driving seat. And the next set of shitjouses are nowhere as good defensively as Lincoln Robocop. We can still do this.

COYY.

We shall see when the replays are out - I thought that Ruben got the man first (who made a meal of it, but I thought there was contact).

Put it this way - Rosie and Nathan didn't complain about the pen.....and if those two don't try and stir up controversy about an opposition penalty, I tend to believe it was probably a foul.
Totally won the ball from the replay on twitter ive seen.

I’m afraid tonight’s game shows why Tyler has a lot to work on still, his first chance. He has two in support and instead decides to go by himself when it can be laid on a plate for someone else, 2 players were there waiting. The second one he’s struck it well but should score in my view. Still very raw and decision making leaves a lot to be desired.

Was never a penalty. Ball was won. Referee lost control. Only have to look at the amount of cards thrown around to see that.

Win Friday and pressure is back on both Lincoln and Blackpool. Barnsley are still not safe, a narrow Blackpool win provided we get a result Friday may not be the worst thing for us.

We can still do it. Players need to turn up on Friday though. Tonight’s performance by a few was way below standards expected.

COYY

Never looked likes scoring tonight apart from the Rodriguez sitter then the Harris half chance.......2 teams cancelling eachother out I hope, but we never looked like scoring tonight

It’s a game we should have got a draw at the very least. We created some a couple of really good chances we should have put away. Couldn’t see them scoring without the gift of a penalty from the referee. Just watched it back on sky sports and Ruben definitely plays the ball.
Hopefully back on track on Friday.

COYY

If Saturday reminded me why I love football so much, tonight was the perfect antitode.

Do you remember when Lincoln were a skillful, compelling side - and one game away from promotion to The Championship (having beaten Sunderland over two legs in the Play-Off Semi)? Yeah, different club now isn't it? Great job as Skubala has done, I'm not envious having watched that.

Someone will be along to tell me how the 'dark arts' are integral to modern football. But they can get f*cked. It's gross. We need to deal with it and be more efficient in our own performance, of course. But I would never want us to be that team.

I've always been sceptical that there is an 'OUFC brand' of football, but I'm definitely on on board with what it isn't.

Saturday was exceptional. Tonight wasn't. But consisently give me a side capable of the former and you'll have my respect.

Still fancy us.
I have to agree, if we played like that I wouldn’t buy a season ticket.

Horrible Lincoln team. They might bully there way to wins but it’s not football and it’s a disgrace that referees allow it. God knows what there manager learned at Leeds but he was like a small Steve Evans tonight. Hope they get stuffed in their remaining games.
Saw his interview on here before the game and thought he seems like a nice bloke and talks well and then that c**t produces f*****g horrible feign injury foul ball s**t. f*****g love it if those dirty cheating C***s lose to Cheltenham on saturday by an offside handball goal.

We created very little, and didn't deal with their shithousary at all. They also missed a couple of absolute sitters in the first half.

We were poor tonight, but we've had three superb results and performances in a row, and that bubble was always gonna burst, so as long as we regroup and get ourselves up and running again for Stevenage, then it's still very much in our h
Sitters?dont think so,that good header was offside cant remember any others.

I thought we actually played okay. We were the better team first half.

Today was totally on the ref. He was useless. By all account Ruben got the ball and he missed a clear Penalty on Harris a couple of minutes later. I actually can’t believe more isn’t being made of that. Not to mention the ball was out of play for the first 3 minutes of added time.

We’ve had a huge improvement over the last few weeks. I fancy us to finish off the season in style. On to Friday!
So that foul on Harris started outside the area but carried on in to the area, isnt the rule now that, that is a penalty?

Our set pieces were poor.

Lincoln were set up to nullify our wingers and it worked.

McEachran had some good moments, but took a while to get in to the game, and tjem tired quickly.

We should’ve had it won in the first half.

Browne was outstanding when he came on.

Intrigued to see what our midfield three will look like next year.

Had a little chuckle to myself at the ‘get it forward!’ brigade, who quickly turned in to the ‘for f*ck sake!’ brigade when the kind of ambitious/hopeful forward pass they seemed to be advocating was cut out or didn’t find it’s target.

I’m not actually sure Lincoln always play like that. They are direct and physical for sure, but tonight they knew exactly where to target us, not to give our wingers space, slow down play, and shut Harris out as we don’t have a plan B.

They did that exceptionally.

You don’t score the amount they do by constant shithousing. They are very well drilled and prepped.
lowest scorers in the top seven .

I’m not actually sure Lincoln always play like that. They are direct and physical for sure, but tonight they knew exactly where to target us, not to give our wingers space, slow down play, and shut Harris out as we don’t have a plan B.

They did that exceptionally.

You don’t score the amount they do by constant shithousing. They are very well drilled and prepped.
Yep, I suspect what Lincoln were tonight was a version they needed to be to win that game. We've lacked physicality for ages now. Goodwin was the exact profile we needed to go for, we just need to hope he's not broken. We also need the same sort of player in midfield like Erhahon.

They rode their luck a little, but defended resolutely and put the ref under pressure. I doubt they were playing like that when they were beating teams 5 or 6 nil last month.

Only if the foul continues into the area. It wasn’t a penalty. Neither was theirs mind.

It didn’t help that our free kicks were the football equivalent of Jozef Fritzls parenting skills also.
It did continue into the are though!

Long,Stevens & Josh Mc outstanding again tonight,unfortunately we were a bit toothless tonight & imo taking Goodrham off backfired,his work rate & offensive play was excellent,the subs just didn’t do it for me tonight,onto Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom