Current Player #19 Tyler Goodrham

Alright, granted he wasn't born at the JR and probably doesn't have ancestory in Oxfordshire going back to the Doomsday book. However, he has been with our youth set up since aged 15/16 I think and that in my book qualifies him 'as one of our own'!!

Said himself, he signed for our u15s so definitely a product of our Academy.

@RyanioBirdio knows a cure for that.
I’ve recently changed my weight based workouts and Monday was kettlebell squats, so my a**e is genuinely in bits at present. Today was the first time in my life that I realised how many muscles are involved in sitting on a toilet.

Someone else will have to sort the young fella out, and then ideally do the same for me.

I think he is the most promising prospect we have had for years. Need to build next season around him no loaning out nonsense. Would love to see his twin back, Bate. They could bamboozle most defences in this league.

Yep, blows my mind that some think he isn't ready for L1 football and should have been loaned out this season.
At the start of the season it would have made sense to loan him out if we had brought in league 1 ready players but we didn’t. Tyler benefited from that and hasn’t looked back.

This season has been terrible on so many levels but Tyler and Gatlin’s development is a massive plus and I’d imagine both will be in and around the 1st team next season rather than loaned out.

This season has been terrible on so many levels but Tyler and Gatlin’s development is a massive plus and I’d imagine both will be in and around the 1st team next season rather than loaned out.
i would say that this season has been fantastic from the perspective of the academy, young players.
Due to the poor recruitment/ injuries, Goodrham and GoD have has to 'learn on the job' and play a lot of first team games. In my view, they have both done well and the experience will hopefully mean that next season they develop further.
The youth team made the QF of the FA Youth Cup for the first time ever and there are some genuinely good young players come through.

I remember listening to Goodrham in an interview a while ago, suggesting how good Murphy was in training and how he was learning a lot from him.
I guess that is another way that he will have benefitted through being in and around the first team this season

Just to add to his awesomeness, his sirname (which I've never heard before) means godsnake.

English (Suffolk and Norfolk): from the Old Norse personal name Guthormr composed of the elements guth 'god' + ormr 'snake'. This was the name of the first Danish king of East Anglia (9th century). The surname has been altered by folk etymology as if it were a derivative of a habitational name.

I remember watching Tyler in a friendly at Hungerford I thought at the time he would never make it.How wrong was I.Hes a very talented player and should have a great future also he don't mind it being a bit physical and yes he is ready for league one football.

Just to add to his awesomeness, his sirname (which I've never heard before) means godsnake.

English (Suffolk and Norfolk): from the Old Norse personal name Guthormr composed of the elements guth 'god' + ormr 'snake'. This was the name of the first Danish king of East Anglia (9th century). The surname has been altered by folk etymology as if it were a derivative of a habitational name.
eat your heart out Gavin Whyte

Back
Top Bottom