Home Match Day Thread +++ 20/01/2018 OUFC v Bury match thread +++

The worrying thing is Pep probably means everything he says. After all, this is by far his most successful stint as a manager; he’s either been sacked by this point of a season, finished 16th or been relegated, so on a personal level he probably is pretty happy and positive about everything.

Shushing the crowd is a stupid thing to do and only makes you look even more stupid when you throw away the lead and lose the damn game. I know as football fans we enjoy the highs and endure the lows, but my patience is really being tested.

Correct me if I'm wrong but did Henry also shush the crowd after he scored?. Looked like that on the TV but i could be wrong.

hopefully branagan can play on tuesday. Josh sounds like a cool customer.

Whilst I wouldn’t for a second want to change places with Bury or the other relegation threatened sides, I can’t wait for this season to end.

Drab, inconsistent, forgettable. Let’s just get to May and have a rethink. And stay up in the process.

Question to pose: good squad, poor manager?

A manager who cannot make himself understood by most of the players & defenders who think they are better than they actually are. We are in a real mess on & off the field - I see Darryl now does not write his programme piece - & relegation is areal possibility with displays like today. Winning two at home that we hardly deserved a point in preceding two more defeats against average teams ought to be ringing alarm bells. From the very first minute Clotet was barking & waving his arms at players - he's had all week to decide how things should be! I have very little faith in his ability to turn things round - it all depends on whether our Chairman has any faith?

Whilst I wouldn’t for a second want to change places with Bury or the other relegation threatened sides, I can’t wait for this season to end.

Drab, inconsistent, forgettable. Let’s just get to May and have a rethink. And stay up in the process.

Question to pose: good squad, poor manager?

Poor unbalanced squad assembled by a poor manager. Reminds me of Graham Rix in some aspects (not quite at Rixys level of turd yet), assembling all his old buddies, and trying to force a style of play that just doesnt work.

Individual concentration (nothing the manager can do about that), application (something the manager can do about it) and injures (a combination of the other 2). What today came down to. One can argue Mousinho needs to be dropped because he looks a little lost at the moment and is trying too hard.

This team desperately needs something different in midfield. Someone to boss the game, lead in that area, keep the ball moving, and a bit of mobility. Ruffels and Mowatt were running in custard today. Plus another option up top that offers something different. We need 2 more players in at least before the window closes. We just seem to get injuries with players who have pace and thus we look a slow side far too often. Which makes it hard to play how I assume the manager wants to.

Some of the support was strange today. I wouldn't be surprised to see a scrap or two later in the year as it feels like 2 camps are forming.

As for the 2 Refs. Whatever they drank before the game, I'll have what they had. Strange combined performance.

All of our patience has been tested since MApp went!

Oh, I’m sure. I honestly don’t like to be negative but also feel that if someone is happy enough to accept praise, they should be professional enough to accept certain amounts of criticism, too.

This season is basically a write-off. The depressing thought is, if Pep is in charge next season too, can you imagine it being much different? I can’t unfortunately. He’s a young, relatively inexperienced manager that doesn’t seem to be learning. I’m happy enough with being an established League One team, that’s not the issue for me personally, it’s the manner in which we play. Win or lose, at the very least, I want to enjoy the football itself.

The worst thing is despite constantly saying it, he/we don’t seem to be learning from the same old stupid mistakes.

Playing people as inside forwards hasn’t worked all season. Keep trying different people in that role makes no difference, we play with wingers on their right side we look much better and get balls in the box.

And it’s the same defensive errors every time. Do we work on preventing them? If we do then maybe we should stop , cos they are getting worse
Indeed they've been working on this all week according to Pep.

The two wins we've had this year have masked how poor we have been.

If he stays we will be an established League Two side next year with even less chance as every other team will play tough rather than just the bottom end of League One

Definitely saw it. Totally unprofessional.
From where I was, there was some strange abuse flying around at some players and the manager at 0-0. As I've come to realise in the last few years, there are some very odd people that go to our games who make an awful lot of negative noise. Very little support from them, just abuse and sarcasm.

Nowt queer as folk as they say up north.

Embarrassing all round.

Poor on the pitch - Groundhog Day/no excitement/poor subs/same old

Poor in the stands - more intent on criticising/constant support of Maguire/lack of atmosphere

Poor from Henry & Clotet - hardly decent to ssshhhh home fans when 1-0 up against bottom of the league when we are clearly so fragile. Last decent performance at home?

Unfortunately what we are seeing on the pitch, apathy and lack of energy is echoed in the stands and board room. The excitement has gone, it feels like we are drifting.

From where I was, there was some strange abuse flying around at some players and the manager at 0-0. As I've come to realise in the last few years, there are some very odd people that go to our games who make an awful lot of negative noise. Very little support from them, just abuse and sarcasm.

Nowt queer as folk as they say up north.
Guy in front of me was moaning from 5th minute, you wonder why some people go

Walsall and Bury have been low points...and who can forget Wigan. Surely that’s enough for Clueless Clotet to get his marching orders.
I think we need someone with more experience but maybe Chrissy Allen longer term as he has done well in his role before

Maguire played more of a part in the game then meets the eye. He told the captain at the start to flip ends i watched him signal it. Both times we have been flipped this season we lost. That doesnt excuse the poor management though.

Back
Top Bottom