Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get all that but then we cant have the 'budget' excuses coming out saying we cant compete with clubs in this league then surely? He will earning a competitive wage I'm sure. is it worth the odd cup game?

I have no idea about the numbers, but Mous is worth his weight in gold. As I said before, he’s not only a player, he’s a figurehead for the PFA, and is heavily involved in the coaching side of things.

Let’s say, for argument sake, he’s on 4K a week - we’re getting a coach, a capable (to a degree) player, AND someone that’s leading the PFA.

To me, that’s value for money.

Sheffield Wednesday are NOT a club we should be comparing ourselves with. They’re 12 months away from becoming Derby County.

In other news:
- Harrogate are close to sealing a deal for Panutche Camara from Plymouth on a £25k a week deal.
- Advanced talks are ongoing between Sunderland's Ross Stewart and Hartlepool - a deal said to be in the region of £4m-£5m.
- Barry Bannan is a target for Crewe Alexandra - but the Owls want Dan Agyei in exchange as part of the deal.

Join me (and my 13 Followers) @ "Football League Agent 4695 Hardcore Official Source" - for more insights that I've literally just dreamt up in my nan's basement.
I have heard ……… nothing at all .so fully repaired to believe anything

Totally agree, however its interesting that Seddon was part of the team that got us comfortably in the payoffs around Christmas but then had a wobble and now every one wants to bin him ! this is the same with Long, the season before last he was a Hero and then last season after Covid and a fair bit of position changing, he also looses a little bit of form and he is no longer good enough ! It's also a bit of a surprise that Henry hasn't had a mention !
The point I'm making is that as you stated we are probably only looking for 3 or 4 first team players and then back up. we have already secured or extended that many and clearly have a few that are fairly close to signing and we are also looking at loan deals. if you add Brown, Seddon and Bodin or Henry to that team you pretty much have a team that's got you 8th to 4th over the last three years. So there is good reason to be optimistic about this window.
Also. ITS STILL JUNE
It’s about have competition for places that’s been a problem at fullback for a long time now, neither Long & Seddon have had no real competition for there positions Forde has been a stop gap without fixing the real issue when players like Long has hamstring injuries /then suspensions / lost in form for both of them Seddon form fell off a cliff by Christmas & should of been dropped a lot sooner than he did, we knew last summer we needed 2 Left back same happened to Ruffels the season before when 1st half of last season he was shitte & then again in the playoffs

When we changed formations 3-4-1-2 Williams & Sykes were both used as wingbacks before they finally got found out in the end when it really mattered (I’m fed up of a manager who constantly puts square passing round holes)

Last edited:
We can still put out a relatively strong line up now if we wanted. Another couple of signings and the first 11 looks quite good. I think we need a starting Left sided CB and LB as a priority. As long as we get those in the next couple of weeks, then I would be confident of making a good start to the season. It's later in the season that we will require depth. This is probably the best team we can field at the moment...

Stevens

Long
Moore
Brown
Seddon

Gorrin
McGuane
Brannagan

Bodin
Taylor
Browne

Subs - Baldock, Henry, Smyth, Forde, Eastwood and Mousinho.
With that back line we would need to score 3/4 to win football games as we all should know by now that defence will concede at least 2 goals a game (like the 2 previous years has done)

Not signing an experienced, first team ready keeper would be a mistake in my opinion.
Stevens and Eastwood are probably two of the better keepers in the division. Yes Stevens had a bit of a blib last season but he was coming back from gladular fever, Eastie came in and did well. Rather we signed players in other areas and reassess in January.

Stevens and Eastwood are probably two of the better keepers in the division. Yes Stevens had a bit of a blib last season but he was coming back from gladular fever, Eastie came in and did well. Rather we signed players in other areas and reassess in January.
Stevens was, statistic, the 2nd worst keeper in the league last season

The thread is season incomings
Why the hell do we have to troll through countless bickering about the manager, existing players good or bad. There are to many keyboard managers who know better than KR when in fact they know f**k all, so just stick to the topic please
Totally agree. I pop on here occasionally each day to hope to read a rumour of a signing and end up have to read pages of bickering and moaning. I mean, 292 pages so far!

Totally agree. I pop on here occasionally each day to hope to read a rumour of a signing and end up have to read pages of bickering and moaning. I mean, 292 pages so far!

Wonder how many pages there are of people moaning about how many pages there are?

I don't understand the people that moan about people moaning and then moan about how many pages there are of people moaning not realising there adding to the pages of people moaning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom