Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the people that moan about people moaning and then moan about how many pages there are of people moaning not realising there adding to the pages of people moaning
Or indeed moaning about the moaning regarding someone moaning for ongoing moaning

I’d be happy with GW back. Great provider of goals even though he doesn’t score many.
Can‘t help thinking we need another goalkeeper, a defender of course and of course maybe another midfielder.
The club finances should be looking healthy after the last two years

I'd take Parrott, he's exactly the kind of striker we need.
I think he will be offered to a Championship side this season. He's probably played about 60-odd games in League One last couple of years and despite not having a huge goal tally at MK, he certainly stood out as he did with Ipswich. Will probably end up somewhere like Reading I'd imagine. He'd probably be better off remaining at League One level for at least another campaign IMO though.

I’d be happy with GW back. Great provider of goals even though he doesn’t score many.
Can‘t help thinking we need another goalkeeper, a defender of course and of course maybe another midfielder.
The club finances should be looking healthy after the last two years
Well the point is they aren't looking healthy at all, we lost a season's income after all. I don't think we'll sign a keeper but I hope we get more than one defender as well as a midfielder and a couple of wingers.

'Insanity is signing all the same players that you had last season that failed to make the League 1 playoffs and expecting a different - and better - result' - Albert Einstein
So you wouldn't have signed Baldock, Bodin or Browne? People keep saying this but it's not like they were all in the side from August to May. Baldock and Browne were only here from January (playing only a handful of games between them), and Bodin was only really in the team consistently from then too. You can debate about injuries etc, but had these players actually been fit and played a whole season, we would have made play offs in my opinion.

Also I think Ciaron Brown did well on loan last season, and if he's coming in to be a back up CB/LB option, I am happy with that.

Just because we didn't quite make the playoffs, doesn't mean we have to rip it all up and start again completely. 2-3 additions to a team can make a huge difference.

Last edited:
Don't know about Parrott, but have heard that a couple of our prospective signings have "gone the way of Adodo".
I know nothing of this Adodo guy, anybody heard of him? (All I know is that he is NOT a winger).
I d'extinctly remember his name being mentioned previously, but his build was as light as a feather!!

Hmmmm....are you sure you were quite as ' he maybe isn't quite ready ' and not more ' I've watched him numerous times and he is nowhere near good enough ' 🤔
And his form was excellent all season but dropped off last with illness .
Easty certainly wasn't the better keeper at the stage he was dropped, absolutely bereft of confidence and had to be replaced.
LOOK OUT, here come the forum police....Oh dear Mr.President, actually both but not when his form was good. Then it tailed off and kr said at the time how well Eastwood was playing.
My word, what you've done there is like cutting posts and putting them together even though they might have been posted weeks apart.
:sleep: :sleep:

So you wouldn't have signed Baldock, Bodin or Browne? People keep saying this but it's not like they were all in the side from August to May. Baldock and Browne were only here from January (playing only a handful of games between them), and Bodin was only really in the team consistently from then too. You can debate about injuries etc, but had these players actually been fit and played a whole season, we would have made play offs in my opinion.

Browne was here anyway and didn’t feature much. That was due to KR’s ridiculous playing him in the Pompey game.

I’m not totally convinced by Baldock and Bodin either. As I’ve said previously, four of our main attackers are over 30. Bodin and Baldock are injury prone. How many games will they muster out of next season? They’re good individually but look at the whole team - hardly a defence yet, no back up for Gorrin and Dad’s Army up front. There’s time to sort it but is going back to Brown, Whyte, Bodin et al going to create a promotion winning side?

I’m not saying we’re going down or anything. I just don’t see a squad being assembled that will go up. Throwing Whyte into the mix doesn’t change that either.

Last edited:
LOOK OUT, here come the forum police....Oh dear Mr.President, actually both but not when his form was good. Then it tailed off and kr said at the time how well Eastwood was playing.
My word, what you've done there is like cutting posts and putting them together even though they might have been posted weeks apart.
:sleep: :sleep:
I rather think you're forgetting what you said at the time . Talking of a young player getting his chance when you were so against it , as you have been any young player getting a chance .
This was when he first got his chance .
Nothing mixed up or confused here apart from you .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom