Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I just ask all these people doubting Seddon do you think he's a bad player or was it a case of he ran out of legs lost confidence at the same time but because of bad recruitment he had nobody to replace him I personally think he started last season really well
He’s definitely not a bad player at all, but for whatever reason he was a complete liability for most of last season, I hope he turns it around, and I remember John Mousinho getting booed a few times and generally looking like a bomb scare every time the ball came near him for a long time, then he got taken out of the action for a bit and eventually became a good player for us, so it can happen and hopefully it will again, but I also don’t think we can go into the season expecting Seddon to be first choice

Can I just ask all these people doubting Seddon do you think he's a bad player or was it a case of he ran out of legs lost confidence at the same time but because of bad recruitment he had nobody to replace him I personally think he started last season really well
Before joining us he averaged 16 league games a season over 5 years. He played 36 games just in the league last season so I’d put it more down to a burn out/fatigue issue than anything else.

I agree. I also think he was not helped by the team around him. He played with numerous LCBs and I just think we never really had a plan when Seddon was caught high up the pitch - I.e. who pressed the ball and who covered space. We seemed to do it much better on the right than the left and this was exploited in some games. It became the obvious way to hurt us but I don’t think this was down to Seddon specifically.

He’s a very solid full back and ran really hard for us in the first half of the season, in particular, but we couldn’t rotate him out. I don’t think he needs replacing but I think he needs competition and someone to share the load because our full backs have to be up there with the fittest in the league to cope with the physical demands.
I actually think that Gorrin was missed more than anything. He is the one player who will track back and cover the full backs bombing forwards.

Seddon‘s a good footballer, but not a great athlete. Definitely has a big part to play.

I rather think you're forgetting what you said at the time . Talking of a young player getting his chance when you were so against it , as you have been any young player getting a chance .
This was when he first got his chance .
Nothing mixed up or confused here apart from you .
MR President, am I now not allowed an opinion. I said I didn't feel he was ready good enough. He had a good patch, clubs seemed to be interested in him. Now I would say, if I may, Eastwood would be my preference. I would say it again and again and again if I felt like that, regardless of what nerks like you think or try and dictate. You really are getting a little annoying like an obsessive rabbit, who wont leave the lettuce patch along....Oh hang on, more rubbish.
To quote you "as you have been any young player getting a chance," and yet when McNally came in and Atkinson came in I said how good a signing the were.
"Bang" out of the water.
Now run along, I think you'll find robinson is calling for his waiter, he needs another Pina Colada. 🤡

Remember we already have a 19 year old right winger at the club ,Tyler Goodrham .
Add Gavin Whyte into the mix and the right side is pretty well sorted .
Now the left side however ...
So with two players missing there we don't need replacements, with goodhrham solving all our problems?

3 new wingers in, with Goodrham going on loan to a conference side (so can have a 24hr recall I think) would be my prediction. I think we’ll do the same with Golding.
New first choice CB. A young LB. Definitely 1 CM, possibly 2. And a younger striker.

The fabled 8 players then? Excellent.

Seddon‘s a good footballer, but not a great athlete. Definitely has a big part to play.
KR seemed to suggest that it will be a back four this season. Can Seddon maintain positional discipline to be effective at the defensive duties requires in that formation?

As much as I agree that Sykes needs to be replaced, what did he actually bring to the team in terms of goal involvements?

Sykes, for all of his qualities, was absolute poo when it came to making the right decisions in the final third. His defensive capabilities were non-existent, and truth be told, I think he was more of a hinderance! Silly foul after silly foul. Miss-placed pass, after miss-placed pass. Poor decision, after poor decision.

Sykes was our 3rd top scorer last season, with eight goals in League One. Don't know if he had many assists (although there was at least the one at Wigan, which was an absolute pearler), but I would say that his play in the final third was way, way improved last year compared to the previous two seasons (his defending was still mostly lousy).

Problem is, he didn't contribute much in the last six weeks of the season, which is why we're all probably being victims of recency bias and forgetting about him. I know I did when I listed who we needed to replace earlier!

Surely anyone could see he was to gung-ho to play in a back four why was this not addressed by the coaching staff.

It's all opinion, obviously. But I think the opposite. He's a really good athlete imo- great stamina, up and down the line all day long (one of his brothers is an Olympic middle distance runner), but not a particularly good footballer. Seems to lack positional sense, and constantly caught out by a quick diagonal ball. He was targeted pretty much non stop by the better L1 teams last season. Would be ok in a 1-5-3-2, but will struggle in a back four. Was switched as a teenager at Brum from a winger to a left back, and doesn't really seem to have learned how to defend.

Might be in the minority here but I'd be fine with Browne, [Whyte], Henry, Bodin and Forde being our senior pro options on the wing.

At wing back/full back, I would hope we get a proper experienced option. Not a winger filling in.
Replacing PACE with pace less pensioners then

Replacing PACE with pace less pensioners then
Wingers that bring different things to the table are good. Especially when Robinson tries to dominate possession and needs plays who can feed Baldock and Taylor in a packed penalty box.

Not only that, but all the players you highlighted (you ignored the two probable starters because they entirely contradict your point) are already signed up. It'd be nice to think we only offer contracts to people we would at least hope are able to fill in when called for.

3 new wingers in, with Goodrham going on loan to a conference side (so can have a 24hr recall I think) would be my prediction. I think we’ll do the same with Golding.
New first choice CB. A young LB. Definitely 1 CM, possibly 2. And a younger striker.

Does this really do enough to improve the balance of the squad? McNally out, CB in. Kane out, CM in. A young full back and hope the Wingers are even better and that will make up the ground?

MR President, am I now not allowed an opinion. I said I didn't feel he was ready good enough. He had a good patch, clubs seemed to be interested in him. Now I would say, if I may, Eastwood would be my preference. I would say it again and again and again if I felt like that, regardless of what nerks like you think or try and dictate. You really are getting a little annoying like an obsessive rabbit, who wont leave the lettuce patch along....Oh hang on, more rubbish.
To quote you "as you have been any young player getting a chance," and yet when McNally came in and Atkinson came in I said how good a signing the were.
"Bang" out of the water.
Now run along, I think you'll find robinson is calling for his waiter, he needs another Pina Colada. 🤡
You completely were against Jack getting any chance , you basically come onto this site spreading negatively and generally moaning at anything the club does .
I'd love to see your posts praising young players before they had had a chance .
Try and support the club you profess to support and sometimes seem happy to support the club rather than constant bitching about anything that doesn't involve us buying every player going .

Seddon is a good footballer, technically good on the ball, decent crosser, passer.

His problem comes with defending, or more accurate, defensive positioning. Needs that coaching into him and he'll be a top left back.

Never seen a full back caught out of position so regularly when he was in the side, not all his fault though as you know Robbo asks them to push up, but he didn't seem to drop back in when the opposite fullback went forward, or didn't anticipate the counter attack when we give the ball away, always caught too far forward and a little flat footed.

Nothing that can't be coached or improved with experience though, so he deserved his chance again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom