Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are getting desperate looking at some of the names being mentioned. Yet myself and a couple of others are talking tripe. Right ok!

I see my second team Ayr United have signed a 19 year old Arsenal defender on loan. Another one Karl missed out on!

We are getting desperate looking at some of the names being mentioned. Yet myself and a couple of others are talking tripe. Right ok!
At least you are now accepting you are talking tripe. It’s taken a while but it’s good to see you finally progressing through the process of being a negative drama queen during a transfer window :)

At least you are now accepting you are talking tripe. It’s taken a while but it’s good to see you finally progressing through the process of being a negative drama queen during a transfer window :)

That’s what your all saying. Some of the names being mentioned are a pipe dream or absolutely stupid.

Incidentally, surprised Cadden hasn't been announced at Barnsley yet, any update on this anyone?

Strange isn't it seeing as every other team is so much better at signing players than us?!

But to be serious, we did make an improved offer and a decision is expected by the weekend. Would say it is 50/50 but still better than a week or so ago.

We have every right to be concerned, yet others seem to turn a blind eye to it, and think everything is ok. The reality is that the whole thing including last January has been a giant clusterf**k.

I would be quite happy to have a change in personnel. The sooner the better!

Just struggling to get into the team. The Union have some decent defenders and by far the best defensive record in MLS this season. He's been on the bench most games.

Though the odd thing is that he did play 90 minutes on Sunday for only the second time this season. I believe it's because it was their third game in a week, and they decided to go to three at the back. But it's still slightly strange that they would be selling him to us at a time when they're actually using him. For all that we've got money......we don't have as much money as an MLS team.

The Union are my local team* these days, by the way. Been to see them a few times, although not for a while. Struggle to get into it because it's a much slower, less physical and more technical style of football that they play in the MLS, and going to the games just tends to make me miss lower league English football!
Also means that Findlay will likely need a re-adjustment period to get used to the pace and physicality of League One again. We may need to be a little patient with him the first month or so (assuming he does sign!)

*actually strictly speaking, I'm a little closer to the New York Red Bulls, but damned if I'm going to watch a team named after a frickin' disgusting energy drink......
That’s good to know he’s not an injury crock

Looking at the Oxford Mail transfer tracker, most teams have one or two more players than they started the summer with. We have two fewer - the worst of any team. So I understand the concern.

(of course this ignores loans from last season who left, and the quality of ins and outs)

I mean, Wycombe is that classic example of this - on face value, they've had a few in and a few out.
But the players they've brought in are all untested kids, whilst they've lost their goalie and best central defender. I don't know how they played in general, but Stewart & Stockdale were both irritatingly amazing whenever they played against us.

I'm fine with where we are as long as we pick it up now. If we don't have at least three quality signings in, in the next two weeks, then I will be starting to get anxious.

We should probably take the opinions of Americans about football with a pinch of salt but Philidelphia Union fans seem shocked he's leaving and for League 1.

I mean, Wycombe is that classic example of this - on face value, they've had a few in and a few out.
But the players they've brought in are all untested kids, whilst they've lost their goalie and best central defender. I don't know how they played in general, but Stewart & Stockdale were both irritatingly amazing whenever they played against us.

I'm fine with where we are as long as we pick it up now. If we don't have at least three quality signings in, in the next two weeks, then I will be starting to get anxious.

Don’t forget losing Akinfenwa as well. Regardless what you think of him I bet he’s a big talker can keeps that lot together off the pitch. I’d be very surprised if they were in the top 10 next season but you can never write off Ainsworth.

Yes for real
Let me put it to you this way
Yes we lost McNally but last August he wasn't in the team our best defence was long Moore JT Seddon
Yes we lost kane but was he really that good
Yes we lost Whyte but again apart from his assist he didn't do.much else and couldn't score if his life depended on it
Holland a player that when he could be bothered was decent the problem was he couldn't be bothered that often
Sykes great start to the season after January sulked until he left
Williams the only player that gave his all all season never let the team down
We replaced them with brown,browne, baldock players that I think are better
Yes we need more signings and I don't know if we will or we won't sign anybody else but I definitely don't think we are worse than we was last season
It's much more straight forward. We've lost around 9/10 players from the squad that need replacing. I hope not even robinson thinks a squad without replacing those players can go another week without the places being filled. That last comment of yours is a frightening prospect, and I genuinely hope you don't seriously subscribe to that, after kr said he had a really healthy budget.

Totally agree Tony.
We need 3 quality signings in the next 2 weeks ( one is presumably Findlay)

That’s what your all saying. Some of the names being mentioned are a pipe dream or absolutely stupid.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom