Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
McGuane certainly isn’t in that bracket. He did enough in a loan spell to earn a 3yr deal to much joy from most fans. Didn’t find that form last season, but don’t think anyone is doubting his talent. Hope he has a big season.

We paid a decent fee for him and haven't seen much of a return for it. Hope he fulfils his potential this season.

Whilst it was gutting to lose Luke McNally, his quick progression and sale must make us an attractive option for younger Irish players as they know we have a track record of development and then not standing in their way when the price is right. We have done well historically in the Irish market (both sides of the border) so fingers crossed we might unearth another gem.

i hope adding a bit of pace to the back line is also on KRs agenda. Findlay would be a fantastic signing just hope that isn’t it on the defensive side of things.

3/4 more players of that calibre and then a few squad players and then there’s no reason not to push for top 2!

Dawson Devoy I would have thought. Scored pretty much every game in last 10 games according to soccerbase. Central midfield player

Thanks for AR. But who was the young lad I'm thinking of, it was a cold frosty night against a young Spurs side, and he had a blinder.

I fully agree with give them a go, remember how Baptiste took off, he was flying, after a spell at Hampton and Richmond I think. I just worry that unless they have that season under their belt, of playing week in and week out, and feel they belong in a squad, then its a huge step up to even conference football looking at the standard in that league at the moment.
GOT IT, IT WAS ARMANI LITTLE. I genuinely thought he would go the same way as Baptiste. I'm not saying he played in the same area, but seemed really talented, fantastic attitude as well.
Thanks to a mate on a break at work, at a Cat B in Leeds. Would never have got that myself.
I said I thought there was something about him, good for him.

i hope adding a bit of pace to the back line is also on KRs agenda. Findlay would be a fantastic signing just hope that isn’t it on the defensive side of things.

3/4 more players of that calibre and then a few squad players and then there’s no reason not to push for top 2!
Nah. That would put us in contention for playoffs. Top 2 is well out of reach.

Too high expectations for me. Play offs should be the aim as this league is ridiculously tough this year.

GOT IT, IT WAS ARMANI LITTLE. I genuinely thought he would go the same way as Baptiste. I'm not saying he played in the same area, but seemed really talented, fantastic attitude as well.
Thanks to a mate on a break at work, at a Cat B in Leeds. Would never have got that myself.
Even though someone said it in reply to your initial post?

I said I thought there was something about him, good for him.
Do keep up MY , we discussed this a few pages ago and said Armani Little then ! ...now we are onto which Irish player Robbo will sign !

Really, sorry, genuinely missed that. It was thinking of Baptiste and what he achieved got me thinking back to Armani, who it seems we will be facing this season. When it comes to trying to figure out who's coming from where, unless a certain family mentions something, I am useless.

Would love us to get Andy Lyons from Shamrock Rovers - best wing back/full back in the League Of Ireland - 21, athletic, decent in the air, scores goals for fun, right footed but decent with his left also.

Haven't seen much of Devoy personally but have been told he's technically gifted, scores/creates goals but quite small and it's just whether he would cope with the greater physicality over here.

Interesting, because I can't believe that people would call these signings when we're talking about this window. I can almost see Browne, although we did play him last season (apparently too early and for too long hence him getting injured again, but that's another discussion). I definitely wouldn't count the likes of Bodin as new signings as they were already contracted to the club. This is the first window I can ever recall that being spun as a signing.

Ciaron Brown is a new signing because a month or so ago he was contracted to Cardiff and now he's with us. WHyte would be a new signing although I'd hope we're looking at a bit better to be honest.
Both Bodin and Baldock were coming to the end of their contracts, weren't they? They could have gone anywhere and Bodin, I'm pretty sure, was looking at other clubs. But in the end, both decided to stay with us rather than go elsewhere, and signed new contracts. Signing a new contract doesn't seem exactly "spinning" that it's a signing.

Stop it with your realism Kip, live in cloud cuckoo lane land about how good we are or be accused of being a negative idiot!
I think the negative posters have to realise that if you are at the local disco and David Beckham and George best turn up, your not going to get 1st pick of the ladies. You can offer them a drink and smile as much as your false teeth will allow and use your best chat/banter, it ain't gonna happen. When the perceived cream leaves with becks and bestie, your best mate turns to u and says "well, u messed that up, what happened". What do u do?, You check out the rest and try to find another diamond or too. No shame in that. Simples.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom