Status
Not open for further replies.
Jerome Sinclair:

- Available on a free transfer

- Won’t command huge wages

- Still a good age, only 25

- Will be keen to reignite his career

- Was highly rated when he was younger

- Worked hard, ran constantly and did well for us when he was here in terms of goals and assists for minutes played

- Will only be third choice striker at best anyway

- A known quantity in terms of personality and fitting in with the group

… I don’t in any way see this as a disastrous signing.

Brentford just spent £17m on a left back to be back up to Rico Henry. This will free up Dominic Thompson to go out on loan, and is the player that I think we'll turn to if Cadden is a no go.

Jerome Sinclair linked.

Jack Stevens goalkeeping error v North Leigh.

Marcus McGuane subbed off with a knee injury.

Just another day of Oxford United 😍

Jerome Sinclair linked.

Jack Stevens goalkeeping error v North Leigh.

Marcus McGuane subbed off with a knee injury.

Just another day of Oxford United 😍
Well, before anyone panics too much: "Enrique Tiamuna replaces McGuane after he took a slight knock" (from the twitter feed).

Brentford just spent £17m on a left back to be back up to Rico Henry. This will free up Dominic Thompson to go out on loan, and is the player that I think we'll turn to if Cadden is a no go.

Did well for the Scum on loan

I suppose that depends on how many squad places are taken up with players with some risk attached. We already have Browne and Gorrin who are on their way back from long term injuries plus JJ training with us and another who has not played for a year (Is that Sinclair?), so potentially four right there.

I actually never minded Sinclair either, while he was never prolific, I always thought he brought others into play quite well, creating chances for our wide players.
Nice goal at Walsall (with assist by Mous) to make us safe a few years ago but his Billy Big B*****s when turning us down later was a bit ....

20 days until the season starts and the shambles rolls on.

Welcome home Sinclair...
Just smile about it, honestly it does no good moaning it is what it is!

Ricky Sappleton is waiting by his phone I'm reliably informed. He's willing to play for tuppence ha'penny

Just smile about it, honestly it does no good moaning it is what it is!

Ricky Sappleton is waiting by his phone I'm reliably informed. He's willing to play for tuppence ha'penny
Not bothering to book a train ticket to Derby until something happens. The rumours are depressing and some want us to just suck it up. This feels like managed decline now.

Come on, mate. I thought you were going to try and be positive? We spoke about this last night!

The sun is shining. Life is good! [emoji590]
Fair point. No one is going to force me to go and watch us next season. A tiny bit of ambition in this window is all I wanted.

Going to have to take up something else on Saturday afternoons than watching Oxford away. Anyone know of any local knitting classes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom