Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate I cant believe the word ‘depressing’ has ever, or ever will, entered your vocabulary 😁
Sadly, I know very well the meaning of 'depressing' but I also know that we can't choose what happens to us but we do choose our response. Life is far too short to spend your summer months worrying about a left back or whatever.

Well, it's pretty obvious things haven't worked out they way KR wanted. Guess we'll never know the reasons behind it. Maybe he's just been trying to pick apples out of his reach and wasted time in doing so?
But he always does this.

There are loads of gems out there we just need to find them. But time is of the essence on paper we have half a decent start. KR needs to start well fingers crossed for some decent editions or I can see a different season than we ha e been having.

So in both games, we've only played one senior full-back. The out of favour, Steve Seddon. Just shows how much that full-back is STILL the most pressing position for strengthening. Left/Wing back and right/Wing back needed ASAP.
So now we have one left back and no right backs currently. I really do hope the club strengthen in those two pivotal areas soon.

Not sure that Brandon Barker is a great example to use of a player that really stuck it to the naysayers, given he played just 22 minutes of football at Reading and has now gone to a mid-table team in the Cypriot league.
I’m not sure that Omonia Nicosia are such a step down from us - they play in front of 23,000 fans, Neil Lennon is their manager, they won their domestic cup last season and will be in Europe this season. Throw in the weather and if he’s on a decent wage he’s hardly scraping a living in the a**e end of nowhere.

I’m not sure that Omonia Nicosia are such a step down from us - they play in front of 23,000 fans, Neil Lennon is their manager, they won their domestic cup last season and will be in Europe this season. Throw in the weather and if he’s on a decent wage he’s hardly scraping a living in the a**e end of nowhere.

Agreed. ‘Limassol on a Tuesday night’ 🎶 sounds much better than Barrow!

Full backs currently at Oxford.

Sam Long. Good player - injury prone.
Anthony Forde. Midfielder by trade - right back cover
Steve Seddon. Left wing back. Massive drop in form 2nd half of last season. KR used Williams as a left wing back over him.
Ciaron Brown. Centre back by trade. Done a job as a left back back end of last season.

Serious recruitment needed if we wanna go up.

The Cypriot League is an awful standard of football. Also slightly corrupt! They may well play in front of reasonable crowds, but just because there attendance figures are high, doesn’t mean what’s on offer equals that.

Omonia Nicosia, are not a great team, and neither are the other two Nicosia teams Apoel, and Olympiakos Nicosia. I’d say there domestic league matches League Two.

Depends on the question. Is he the answer to being our new main striker? No. Is he a very cheap low risk option to be a back-up for Taylor, Baldock and ideally one other? Maybe.

I don't think any of us have an issue with a 'very cheap low risk option', I just reckon there will be players out there that fall into this category who have a better track record than Sinclair.

I guess in his favour is that he is a known quantity to KR and I think he has been relatively injury free in his career**

Out of interest what do we think a 'very cheap' option is? If we're talking £100k + salary then I'd probably rather take a punt on a player from Ireland, a non-league starlet etc.

**not hugely researched by myself!

Full backs currently at Oxford.

Sam Long. Good player - injury prone.
Anthony Forde. Midfielder by trade - right back cover
Steve Seddon. Left wing back. Massive drop in form 2nd half of last season. KR used Williams as a left wing back over him.
Ciaron Brown. Centre back by trade. Done a job as a left back back end of last season.

Serious recruitment needed if we wanna go up.
I mean anything will sound bad if you try hard enough…

Long only missed 10 league games last season and Forde has proven himself a very capable deputy. Personally, if we played with wing backs he would be in my starting XI. I don’t feel we need another RB.

Seddon was one of our better players at the start of last season but unfortunately struggled the further we went along. Improvement needed from him but wouldn’t write him off. Added to that he did incredibly well to remain fit all season given the demand on him. Needs competition/support so yes, LB required.

Brown is a CB and if we get a LB there shouldn’t be much need for him to cover across anyway. We know a CB is on the agenda, perhaps 2 by the end of august.

Squad limits are a factor and as long as you have 2 players who are very capable in every position that’s your starting point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom