Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Cadden + Owen Beck moves elsewhere were confirmed today, both players we had an interest in. Was told 3 names for left back, NC + OB being two, the other Dominic Thompson (ex Scum + Ipswich), not suggesting he’s a done deal but can imagine we’d follow up on that interest now…
Plan C?

So god forbid next one he has a serious injury, that would be their fault , he isn’t ours at the moment as we haven’t parted with any money.
Maybe kr wants to give him a couple of weeks more to develop an injury, thus fitting with his signing crocs theory.
Do you think we'll get brilliant signing on deadline day though? I'd love it to be the case and I am one of the most optimistic OUFC fans who has faith in KR and the team.

However, I've been disappointed season after season on deadline day over recent years.

I'd much rather we do some good business soon.
It'll be the usual nonsense, an injured journeyman, who robinson claims to be the best thing they league has ever seen.

Not the way to plan a season though. I think this week is crucial. If we don't bring in the majority of our new signings soon, we could be struggling by the end of the first month.

We really do need any new bodies in the building as soon as possible to allow them to "bed in".

Thankfully, no prizes are awarded after the first month. Still 6 and a bit weeks and 300 pages until the window closes!

We have a friend whose son is an Agent for some Championship, L1 & L2 players. His father readily describes him as.. "an absolute bastard - but rich". The stories I have heard make your toes curl. One memorable one is when one of his charges was about to put pen to paper and sign for Stoke - with local media present - and it was terminated because he had a mobile phone call telling him another club had offered £10k a week more.
In this sort of climate I feel genuinely sorry for KR. We have a very well run club but I do wonder if our (new) money men really want to spend on the playing side of things.
I fully understand what you are saying, but why is that seemingly no other manager has had these problems, and it happens yearly, with robinson claiming the recruitment process starts in March. The 7 or so players needed need to be in this week, no excuses.

I’d say judge that on September 1st.

It isn’t the boards fault we have no new players in currently. The funds are there and the blame lies with KR.

Ultimately if he gets it wrong (like he has done so far this summer) then he will lose his job as manager.

The Oxford job will be very attractive to better managers than KR next year if he doesn’t get this window right.
Next Year?

It isn’t the boards fault we have no new players in currently. The funds are there and the blame lies with KR.

Ultimately if he gets it wrong (like he has done so far this summer) then he will lose his job as manager.

The Oxford job will be very attractive to better managers than KR next year if he doesn’t get this window right.
It's as much the board's fault as it is Karl's. Despite Karl wanting to be in charge of everything, the board shouldn't allow him that power, but for some reason they do.

If we end up signing a few really, really good players who simply weren’t available until later in the window then this whole thread will have been a colossal waste of time.

Gosh that really is a rather fruity statement old bean.

I find it impossible to think this thread was not a valuable chronicle of a very special summer

Why should we be waiting until 1st September?

The team should be ready for 30th July for the first game rather than letting eight games pass to get it right, six of which are league fixtures.

We’ve scuttled our chances of automatic promotion before within the first 10 games before because we’ve lost so many of them. Teams who go up automatically tend to only lose between five to ten league games all season and we’ve often filled our quota before October so we’re always playing catch up. August should be for finding that one extra signing or opportunity that you didn’t expect to come up or to find cover for an early and unexpected injury, not for adding a brand new defence into the mix.

Findlay will be a decent signing who's likely to be at the heart of our defence for a good few seasons, he's worth the wait. We'd be shooting ourselves in the foot to pull out because he may not be here for 10 days or so. Any new targets won't be in any quicker even if we were to identify them today.

He's playing and training currently so he'll be match fit when he arrives and he's a professional footballer, he'll know what to do regardless if he knows his teammates mother's maiden name - keep the ball out of the net!

Findlay will be a decent signing who's likely to be at the heart of our defence for a good few seasons, he's worth the wait. We'd be shooting ourselves in the foot to pull out because he may not be here for 10 days or so.

Agree with this, but...the shitstorm if he ruptures his ACL in the 89th of his final game in Philly..!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom