Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one…

Come out after the Eastleigh game instead of sending Short out & say you’re struggling at the moment.

Majority would prefer honesty over constant bullshit wouldn’t you say?

Do you think that a couple of two minute "interviews" with our media team would have stopped people being concerned?

What if he had said that we're close to bringing in some top players with some "wow" signings expected soon. Would he have been believed?

The naivety of some is baffling at times.

Do you think that a couple of two minute "interviews" with our media team would have stopped people being concerned?

What if he had said that we're close to bringing in some top players with some "wow" signings expected soon. Would he have been believed?

Well fans believed Bakrie with the quote we want promotion within 2 years, big fat lie that has turned out to be!

Well fans believed Bakrie with the quote we want promotion within 2 years, big fat lie that has turned out to be!
Well I’m sure he’d like it, and I expect he’d pay for a player up to a certain amount, but it’s not clear that the board are really driving ambitious recruitment

How about if he’d come out and told us the TRUTH?

Are fans stupid enough to believe statements like this. Every new owner in history has quoted 1 or 2 leagues higher as the 5 year plan. Same as the top 30 quote. Nothing wrong with aiming high but now you have a large band of our fans, many on here, who have unrealistic expectations. We are a league 1 club and until we get a new stadium that's precisely where we should be given our financial circumstances. I have no problem with it. To get promoted would for me would be massively over achieving.

"If we can make it up the league in the next two years, that would be ideal"

So not exactly the promotion at all costs that is quoted back, plus we're only 8 months on from Bakrie saying this. So how is his desire a big fat lie?

Are fans stupid enough to believe statements like this. Every new owner in history has quoted 1 or 2 leagues higher as the 5 year plan. Same as the top 30 quote. Nothing wrong with aiming high but now you have a large band of our fans, many on here, who have unrealistic expectations. We are a league 1 club and until we get a new stadium that's precisely where we should be given our financial circumstances. I have no problem with it. To get promoted would for me would be massively over achieving.

I would rather our owners be truthful and upfront. Currently we don't even know who the actual owners are, no wonder the whole preseason has been a shambles when the longest ever takeover has still not concluded.

Well it’s different, it’s a 2 year plan and not a 5 year plan, and why would a new stadium bring us promotion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom