Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
No club has signed him yet, even his agent can’t make miracles happen twice.
My late brother mixed with Hanson’s agent a bit. They had a mutual friend / colleague, so they shared a few pints on several occasions. Whenever they crossed paths the agent would make a jokey comment about the deal, say he probably owed him a pint for that etc. Was very open about the move and how it all played out. A pretty rare duffer from the club’s point of view, and a shame that such an expensive transfer was one that went so badly. Between all fees and wages over the four years of his contract it cost the club a million pounds.

Will be interesting to see where he ends up.

No offence here but would you not find more happiness in life just giving up on Oxford United football club? It’s not compulsory, it appears to give you absolutely zero pleasure and you are pessimistic to the point where it’s painful.
Agreed. Not sure why a few others also spend so much time complaining on here. Footballs a hobby to enjoy surely.

My late brother mixed with Hanson’s agent a bit. They had a mutual friend / colleague, so they shared a few pints on several occasions. Whenever they crossed paths the agent would make a jokey comment about the deal, say he probably owed him a pint for that etc. Was very open about the move and how it all played out. A pretty rare duffer from the club’s point of view, and a shame that such an expensive transfer was one that went so badly. Between all fees and wages over the four years of his contract it cost the club a million pounds.

Will be interesting to see where he ends up.

It will be very interesting where he actually plays at his next club. Right back? CDM? I don't think we ever knew what his best position was.

No offence here but would you not find more happiness in life just giving up on Oxford United football club? It’s not compulsory, it appears to give you absolutely zero pleasure and you are pessimistic to the point where it’s painful.
I've been very complimentary this week and excited for the new season. Merely expressing disappointment that a promotion rival has signed one of the best young strikers in England does not make me pessimistic I don't think?

And does he ‘play with a smile on his face’ as that was Obika’s claim to fame which really helped………..

I've been very complimentary this week and excited for the new season. Merely expressing disappointment that a promotion rival has signed one of the best young strikers in England does not make me pessimistic I don't think?
Whats that based on though? hes played just 2 games for Tottenham in the premier league.

Footnote. We have scored more goals per game in the last 5, FIVE seasons than any other EFL club. Incredible achievement.

Yet no promotion to the Championship to show for it so it all becomes a bit irrelevant really in my eyes.

It’s a bit like the whole would you rather get 4th and qualify for the Champions League or win an FA Cup. FA Cup for me because you’d look back forever in time and say you achieved something.

No one will look back in 20/30 years and say do you remember when we scored the most goals in League 1.

Last edited:
Footnote. We have scored more goals per game in the last 5, FIVE seasons than any other EFL club. Incredible achievement.
Surprised it didn’t get more attention but then again we had Scarlett’s move to Pompey to moan about. That’s much more fun than celebrating our success as the most consistent goal scoring machine in the EFL over a 5 year period.

I really like the look of Kion Etete, a big lump up front who prefers the ball to feet reminds me of Ryan Taylor (but with some pace) who was one of my favourite players to watch for Oxford recently. Scored a few in this league and the league below and been highly rated at both clubs including his parent premier league club.

Absolute Zero does pleasure, but Kip would be a step too far :oops:

We're all aware. It's genuinely fantastic.

Slightly misleading though, as other than Premier League (nowhere to go) most clubs that score plenty of goals in any given season, let alone multiple seasons, will have had a promotion as a result and therefore played at a higher level to bring that goals scored column back down.

If you were wanting to create conditions for scoring plenty of goals 5 years on the trot, it would be consistently doing well but not well enough.

On some level, hopefully we're not in those figures in a couple of years because we've been promoted and had to settle for mid-table Championship and a goals scored column to suit.

Does anyone remember a couple of days ago after a few signings when several posters were telling us that we need to wait until the end of the window before judging our transfer dealings?

Now we've had an unlucky injury to a winger and a young striker has joined Pompey and the same posters are back to celebrate our impending doom!

And heaven forbid that I've mentioned a player that has been openly discussed on here for the last two months! What kind of Billy Bullshitter does that make me?! Guess what, I also spoke about Tyler Morton, Dom Thompson, Gavin Whyte and a dozen or more others if anyone wants to start bookmarking them too.

I've no doubt that this only demonstrates my low emotional intelligence or some holier-than-thou attitude by even mentioning this. We can't possibly say anything positive can we?!

Still, more importantly we're only 60 odd hours away from stuffing Derby with a Jerome Sinclair hatrick to take everyone's minds off this thread for a bit!!!

Does anyone remember a couple of days ago after a few signings when several posters were telling us that we need to wait until the end of the window before judging our transfer dealings?

Now we've had an unlucky injury to a winger and a young striker has joined Pompey and the same posters are back to celebrate our impending doom!

And heaven forbid that I've mentioned a player that has been openly discussed on here for the last two months! What kind of Billy Bullshitter does that make me?! Guess what, I also spoke about Tyler Morton, Dom Thompson, Gavin Whyte and a dozen or more others if anyone wants to start bookmarking them too.

I've no doubt that this only demonstrates my low emotional intelligence or some holier-than-thou attitude by even mentioning this. We can't possibly say anything positive can we?!

Still, more importantly we're only 60 odd hours away from stuffing Derby with a Jerome Sinclair hatrick to take everyone's minds off this thread for a bit!!!

The only thing Jerome Sinclair will be stuffing this weekend is his face with fried chicken in his new Morley’s Birmingham chicken shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom