Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone remember a couple of days ago after a few signings when several posters were telling us that we need to wait until the end of the window before judging our transfer dealings?

Now we've had an unlucky injury to a winger and a young striker has joined Pompey and the same posters are back to celebrate our impending doom!

And heaven forbid that I've mentioned a player that has been openly discussed on here for the last two months! What kind of Billy Bullshitter does that make me?! Guess what, I also spoke about Tyler Morton, Dom Thompson, Gavin Whyte and a dozen or more others if anyone wants to start bookmarking them too.

I've no doubt that this only demonstrates my low emotional intelligence or some holier-than-thou attitude by even mentioning this. We can't possibly say anything positive can we?!

Still, more importantly we're only 60 odd hours away from stuffing Derby with a Jerome Sinclair hatrick to take everyone's minds off this thread for a bit!!!

A hat trick from the man who you said a few weeks ago didn’t act in a good way when he turned us down a couple of years ago, and who you’d be surprised if the club offered him a way back?

Interesting!

The only thing Jerome Sinclair will be stuffing this weekend is his face with fried chicken in his new Morley’s Birmingham chicken shop.

In fairness, if Jerome owned Morley’s he wouldn’t need to play L1 football.

I really like the look of Kion Etete, a big lump up front who prefers the ball to feet reminds me of Ryan Taylor (but with some pace) who was one of my favourite players to watch for Oxford recently. Scored a few in this league and the league below and been highly rated at both clubs including his parent premier league club.
Etete is the one i would love too. You see modern strikers in Champ and below who are exactly like him. Units who are great with the ball and have the pace to rip a defence to shreds. The ones that immediately jump out at me are Parrott, Hirst and Gyokeres (in the friendly), exactly the sort of player we need. Won’t necessarily score 20 goals, but will bring a whole new dimension to our team

He owns a Morley’s franchise in Birmingham that is opening soon. I’ve never had the pleasure, but KFC has gone to pot so I’m definitely in the market for a new chicken joint.
Had heard the reason he was without a club was due to having his own business so fair play to him, hope he's better at running a business than putting the ball in the net anyway.

I've been very complimentary this week and excited for the new season. Merely expressing disappointment that a promotion rival has signed one of the best young strikers in England does not make me pessimistic I don't think?

Bloody kell KipFC, I’m a big fan of his, and previously, I may have even used words similar to you; but I think a reality check is needed here. Yes, he’s a talent, and yes I’d have liked him on loan, but despite his great record for the U18’s, he hasn’t done much at all in the U21’s and the U23’s. BIG step up from banging goals in against 17 year olds, to competing against experienced professionals!

Liam Delap at Man City -19 years old: Absolutely one of the best young strikers in English football!
He scored 24 goals in 20 games to break the all-time season scoring record for the Youth Premier League. He was injured for a lot of last season, but still managed to bag 8 goals in 10 appearances for the U23’s. He’s even scored for the City first team.

That would be a WOW signing! Scarlett isn’t at that level…yet!

You do love a player that joins another team, don’t you? [emoji28] It’s actually quite funny..

Last edited:
Etete is the one i would love too. You see modern strikers in Champ and below who are exactly like him. Units who are great with the ball and have the pace to rip a defence to shreds. The ones that immediately jump out at me are Parrott, Hirst and Gyokeres (in the friendly), exactly the sort of player we need. Won’t necessarily score 20 goals, but will bring a whole new dimension to our team
Hirst would be the one I want now, he would be a perfect foil to either Taylor or Baldock if we played them together.

Bloody kell KipFC, even I wouldn’t call Scarlett “one of the best young strikers in England” and I’m a big fan of his! Yes, he’s a talent, and yes I’d have liked him on loan, but he’s done absolutely b****r all to justify being called something like that!

Liam Delap at Man City -19 years old: Absolutely one of the best young strikers in English football!
He scored 24 goals in 20 games to break the all-time season scoring record for the Youth Premier League. He’s even scored for the City first team.

That would be a WOW signing! Scarlett isn’t at that level…yet!
If we could get Delap on loan I would be very happy with that. He’s absolutely class & he would be a very good option off the bench, Hirst would be the other option for me

Lol more chance of getting ronaldo
Not really. Delap is still a young lad & Hirst was playing at Pompey last season. Both attainable targets if we actually wanted them. Both would have championship suitors but if you don’t ask the question you’ll never know the answer.

Wouldn’t want ronaldo anyway. Rather winnall back on a free 👍🤣

If we could get Delap on loan I would be very happy with that. He’s absolutely class & he would be a very good option off the bench, Hirst would be the other option for me

I wasn’t suggesting it was a possibility, just putting the Scarlett hysteria into perspective. Delap has been smashing it at every level for City, and deserves to be touted as “one of the best young strikers in England”

Scarlett, to Kip, is only that good, because he’s signed for someone else. If he’d have signed for us, it would have been another case of “untested youth player that can’t do it at our level. Remember those boys from City” haha.

George Hirst would be a great signing, and I can imagine he’s available. @UTO?

I wasn’t suggesting it was a possibility, just putting the Scarlett hysteria into perspective. Delap has been smashing it at every level for City, and deserves to be touted as “one of the best young strikers in England”

Scarlett, to Kip, is only that good, because he’s signed for someone else. If he’d have signed for us, it would have been another case of “untested youth player that can’t do it at our level. Remember those boys from City” haha.

George Hirst would be a great signing, and I can imagine he’s available. @UTO?
Hirst is available on a permanent & one i'd love but he'd easily have to be our record signing and is linked with Barnsley, Pompey and Ipswich so may be out of our grasp.

Yet no promotion to the Championship to show for it so it all becomes a bit irrelevant really in my eyes.

It’s a bit like the whole would you rather get 4th and qualify for the Champions League or win an FA Cup. FA Cup for me because you’d look back forever in time and say you achieved something.

No one will look back in 20/30 years and say do you remember when we scored the most goals in League 1.
Not sure I agree with this post entirely. I can certainly see myself remembering in 20 years the days when we scored 6 at Lincoln on the Saturday followed up by 4 against West Ham on the Tuesday, 7 at Gillingham, 6 at Crewe, 4 at Charlton etc. If all things worth remembering were based solely on a promotion then the life of your average football fan would be pretty uneventful. You may as well not cheer any of the goals & just wait to see if it ends in promotion before celebrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom