Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought this was the season incomings and transfer…. Not the match dissection thread commonly known as the match day thread.
All the same I like the effort you put in.
Sorry didn’t realise, I was just reading and saw someone said about him not being at fault for the goal and so I replied! Happy for it to be moved… (although by replying I’ve again made it not about transfers)

So… have we signed anyone yet? (Back on track)

O’Donkor has just signed his first professional contract with the club. Seems a very talented young man. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him starting against Swansea, next week!

Any news on the full-back and the Palace winger, @UTO?

Last edited:
O’Donkor has just signed his first professional contract with the club. Seems a very talented young man. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him starting tomorrow night!

What games tomorrow night?

O’Donkor has just signed his first professional contract with the club. Seems a very talented young man. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him starting against Swansea, next week!

Is he ready to start? Loan to L2 or the National League first?

Is he ready to start? Loan to L2 or the National League first?

Not ready to start in the league, no.

However, as it’s a cup game, I think it’ll be a good chance for KR to see what he’s like against higher-league opposition, before he decides whether to send him out on loan or not.

Surprised we gave a two year deal to Henry (unless Wrexham are sniffing about). Unless it's a lower basic with performance based bonuses just not sure why we'd give him a new one.

He's a good footballer, but can't see where he fits in our system these days. Hasn't really performed well or consistently in a wide role for a long while now and centrally he doesn't have the legs to play in a high pressing team. If they have plans to play him off Taylor fine, but again wouldn't expect him to be bursting past him into the box.

Strikes me as a make do rather than push on decision. And reward (rightly or wrongly) for his history at the club.

Surprised we gave a two year deal to Henry (unless Wrexham are sniffing about). Unless it's a lower basic with performance based bonuses just not sure why we'd give him a new one.

He's a good footballer, but can't see where he fits in our system these days. Hasn't really performed well or consistently in a wide role for a long while now and centrally he doesn't have the legs to play in a high pressing team. If they have plans to play him off Taylor fine, but again wouldn't expect him to be bursting past him into the box.

Strikes me as a make do rather than push on decision. And reward (rightly or wrongly) for his history at the club.
Disagree with this. His form before injury last year was very good, and he is just so good at getting important goals and assists. Added to that he sounds like a great guy to have around in the dressing room.

We can use 5 subs this season too. He has alot of ability and is a potential game changer, or starter.

There's so much to be said for keeping a core together, and this helps us do that.

We really do need someone with a different physical profile to Taylor up front. Whether that's someone that can run in behind or be a target man. Taylor will be fine against 75% of teams this season and was even playing OK in the first v Derby, but when we are under pressure from a good team, we need an alternative/some support for him. I used to be worried about signing a target man because it would encourage long balls, but all we did in the second half was hoof it up front to Taylor anyway. We don't have the quality to play through their press because some of our players (Gorrin, Long and Seddon) are not comfortable enough on the ball in tight situations.

If we have someone who can run in behind or make the ball stick, teams might think twice about pressing us so much and it opens all sorts of opportunities. Even Robinson had this at MK with Aneke and at Charlton with Magennis.

It's promising we were looking at Ryan Hardie. He would have been a really good signing for us. Let's hope we can find a decent alternative.

The other notable part of this was the reaction. Findlay is far more cross with himself than anything. I think if this were Seddon's fault after the tough game they'd had down that side, he'd have given him a bit of a roasting. Nevertheless I don't like pointing the finger - we'll make tonnes of mistakes this season that won't lead to goals. But when you play Premier league players, that's the difference. I'm more sore about the fact Hourihane was even on the pitch - referee gave him a very, very wide birth.
Houriane was lucky to still be on the pitch. Should have had a second yellow IMO.

On the Seddon thing, he is a victim of the style we play, in that one of the fullbacks is expected to bomb forward consistently, playing basically as a wingbackm
However, at no point have we addressed the lack of cover that is provided when he does go. Gorrin crossing with Mcguane ahead of Derby's goal on Saturday saw him heading to cover the space left by Findlay who had gone to cover the LB position because Seddon had gone forward.

We have also seen it on the right hand side as well at times especially when Williams played there last season.
Had similar issues with Cadden also when he was here

You don't get the issue when Brown plays there as he doesn't pile forward as much.

The issue should have been prevented with the 2 holding midfielders at the weekend but as we known the cross-over of them led to space being left elsewhere and ultimately the goal.

Ultimately I don't think we can play Seddon in a 4 and play the same style as he is far too attacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom