Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as whoever comes in as a striker for us is sooner rather than later.

I think I’d rather see two full backs before the striker, but we will probably end up getting one full back knowing Robbo, and if that’s the case it ideally needs to be a left back. But again knowing Robbo it will be a right back that comes in.

Then we should look at a striker, and midfielder.

Think annoyingly our movement will start to kick into gear after this weekend when the Premier League starts and the youngsters will know whether they’re in with a shot of playing in the prem or if they’re going on loan which starts the domino effect

Does the Prem transfer window close the same day as the rest of the EFL this time round?

All gone very quiet on new players arriving
Any news anyone?
I think what is becoming clear is that the constant whinging on here about getting business done early needs retracting in view of some recent activity here and elsewhere. No doubt though some will answer, Yeah but they never signed but hopefully people will start to see the calibre of player we have targeted and the difficulties that can transpire when trying to finalise things.

I think what is becoming clear is that the constant whinging on here about getting business done early needs retracting in view of some recent activity here and elsewhere. No doubt though some will answer, Yeah but they never signed but hopefully people will start to see the calibre of player we have targeted and the difficulties that can transpire when trying to finalise things.
Weird because I would have thought the lack of a subs bench on Saturday would have woken people’s eyes up, especially considering Derby didn’t have a team a few weeks ago but looked stronger in depth than us.

But sure, let’s ignore the games in the next month and only focus on the season once the window shuts on September 1st, right?

Really? I don't think many people are disappointed with the quality of player coming in (although there are certainly question marks over a few of them regarding injury/attitude) but we've started the season with a half baked squad that hasn't addressed most the big issues from last season. The state of the subs bench on Saturday showed we weren't nearly fully prepared. I've nothing against getting good quality players later in the window but there seems to be a strange narrative that they are only available then and if you want quality you have to wait until the season is a few weeks old.

We've started the season (again) with a thin, lopsided squad, more injury risks than we should have and deficiencies in the starting 11. In such a strong league we're giving away an advantage to other teams. Fortunately the fixtures are now relatively kind for a month or so so even without immediate additions we should be able to get through but if we had been given Sheffield Wednesday's start for example then we'd likely be well behind the pack by the time the window closed. The fact that this is the same every window is certainly a cause for concern and the dismissal of people bringing this up as "whingers" isn't particularly helpful.

Last edited:
It seems some people have missed exactly what type of business we have done so far.
Not 1 loan, every signing we have made has been on a minimum 2 year deal so will be here next season.
I feel that with what NMcW has said today that the goal posts have slightly moved with regards to targets and while obviously promotion would be excellent this season I don’t think it is now the be all and end all that it maybe was 12 months ago.
They are more concerned about getting the future of the club sorted while also building a team of players who can challenge for the next few seasons.

It seems some people have missed exactly what type of business we have done so far.
Not 1 loan, every signing we have made has been on a minimum 2 year deal so will be here next season.
I feel that with what NMcW has said today that the goal posts have slightly moved with regards to targets and while obviously promotion would be excellent this season I don’t think it is now the be all and end all that it maybe was 12 months ago.
They are more concerned about getting the future of the club sorted while also building a team of players who can challenge for the next few seasons.
I just don't get it, and it perhaps emphasizes why our pre season has been so muddled and shite.

We have supposedly the biggest budget we have ever had but we are not focused on going up this season (after clearly stating we want promotion in two years two years ago).

There is no better time to start our journey to "top 30" than now.

A good squad put together now to get us promoted this season is a good squad next season.

Frustrating as Saturday wound up being - it was genuinely promising at points too.

For arguments sake let’s say you add Todd Kane, Luongo, Rak-Sakyi & a genuinely decent L1 level striker (ideally someone who offers something different from Taylor in terms of physicality/mobility/style - and not Jerome Sinclair)…then all of a sudden that squad looks genuinely imposing. Appreciate those who say we need a LB - I’m on the fence on that personally - but I’d wager with a squad as powerful as that Seddon would get a lot more protection for some of the weaker parts of his game.

We aren’t miles away, and do have the benefit of keeping the bulk of last season’s decent team together. It is enormously annoying that once again we’re starting significantly behind on numbers and seemingly viewing August as an extended pre-season where the points don’t count as much as they do after Christmas…and the recruitment process really does need to get moving with serious urgency if we are to deliver an acceptable points haul from our August fixtures…but we’re not that far off right?!
I would love that to happen, but as time goes on, as it didn't happen before the season started, why should it happen now.
What a few friends said on Saturday:
We seem too hang around too long when considering a player,
not decisive enough,
the terms we offer are poor.
Now if your post was dated the end of June then fine. The fact that the season is into its second game in August, people have every right to ask where the hell are these high calibre signings certain people keep harping on about that should have happened weeks ago, when most other clubs acted.

Now at 4 1/2 weeks until the transfer window closes. Assuming that a couple will be done last minute (that's just the way it goes), we could see 1 per week for 4 weeks.

We should have been ready this season we are nowhere near ready for the season. We have got a real chance to be up there with a kind fixture start . Iam sure we are trying behind the scenes .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom