Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. A crock and a kid 🙄

Plenty of 19 year olds in premier league squads are good enough to get into our team though, hopefully he is one of those. As for the crock it’s fingers crossed he is over a run of bad injuries and we benefit from our gamble, we certainly took long enough looking at him, took less time to come up with a vaccine for Covid.

Yep. A crock and a kid [emoji849]

Is Jude Bellingham a ‘kid’ then? Just asking, because at at the age of 18, he’s regarded as one of the best players in the world.

Age shouldn’t define a footballer. If you’re good enough, you’re old enough. Lewis Bate is very highly thought of at Leeds, and judging from the comments made by Leeds fans, he’s too good for our level. Time will tell, but that’s a ridiculous remark.

Last edited:
Is Jude Bellingham a ‘kid’ then? Just asking, because at at the age of 18, he’s regarded as one of the best players in the world.

Age shouldn’t define a footballer. If you’re good enough, you’re old enough. Lewis Bate is very highly thought of at Leeds, and judging from the comments made by Leeds fans, he’s too good for our level. Time will tell, but that’s a ridiculous remark.

I agree with your point but I would really suggest caution judging on comments from fans for 2 reasons; how much they've seen the player and how much they know of L1.

I don’t think many criticised Long when he was at centre back last season. In fact I think he played pretty well there mostly. I just believe we’re coming to the end of seeing him as a right back, as he’s just losing a bit of pace and attacking confidence, but he can still be a very solid L1 central defender…
Ok, then we need two RB's.

I agree with your point but I would really suggest caution judging on comments from fans for 2 reasons; how much they've seen the player and how much they know of L1.

Well I’m not going to question them on that, because he plays for their club? Its fair to assume that they have a somewhat educated opinion on what he is like as a player. If the general consensus is that he is a quality player, then I will take that on face value.

Referring to him as a ‘kid’ is disrespectful, and really quite patronising. He’s a professional footballer that has played in the Premier League - regardless of his age, that’s some achievement!

Last edited:
Well I’m not going to question them on that, because he plays for their club? Its fair to assume that they have a somewhat educated opinion on what he is like as a player. If the general consensus is that he is a quality player, then I will take that on face value.

Referring to him as a ‘kid’ is disrespectful, and really quite patronising. He’s a professional footballer that has played in the Premier League - regardless of his age, that’s some achievement!

I'm talking in general but when people talk about one of our youth players, how many have actually watched them more than once or twice to make a good judgement? It is the same here, although many have seen him in his 140 odd minutes in the PL. Even with that, how many have seen L1 football consistently to compare? By all means take their views on board but do so with plenty of caution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom