Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gather that Sheffield Wednesday would be the draw but as you say it’s further than little old Oxford and he would probably get more game time with us.
You've answered your own question haven't you Bazz? Why sign for us "little old Oxford" which I know is being sarcastic because we know we are the greatest the world has ever seen 😅

I reckon he was watching Wednesday on I follow via mobile

Or perhaps he was secretly going back to Martin telling him how we set up and play

You really think Kyle Joseph was sat up in the stands using a VPN to watch Sheff Weds on his phone, while he was up in the stands watching us? You think Martin would have sent a loan prospect out for the day to get an inside scoop on how an opposing team will play? Like it’s inside information, and he’s not a professional football manager with access to all of this information!?

I’ve seen some shite on this forum, but that’s right up there. Give me strength! [emoji28][emoji849]

You've answered your own question haven't you Bazz? Why sign for us "little old Oxford" which I know is being sarcastic because we know we are the greatest the world has ever seen 😅
It’s called banter dear man, plus Meadowhall is a fan sight better shopping centre to that crap westgate😁😁😁

My opinion (and that of pretty much everybody involved with the ownership) is that we’re screwed unless we get a new stadium. I think the investors walk without the prospect of building one and I don’t see a world where anybody takes the club on with zero prospects of ever moving, coupled with the current debts and overheads, and the lack of viable revenue streams moving forward. Financially there is nothing but an ever-expanding black hole without a new home and a subsequent better deal. Eventually it will collapse in on itself. I am personally very comfortable with referring to the situation as terminal should we be denied the ability to move.

Exactly this.

Everything is in our favour for this move to happen. The location, the politics, the groundwork to date, the timing and - most importantly - the financial weight behind. It’s genuinely a once in a generation opportunity.

But if it doesn’t happen - and nothing is ever certain - then we’re not going to get this opportunity again. Our current owners won’t stick around and any prospective owners with any sort of ambition and wealth (and a brain cell) wouldn’t touch us with a twenty foot punting pole.

At which point we’d be pretty much in AFC Oxford United territory. Ironically, we might end up with a new ground but it’d likely be something akin to a ground share with City (with us playing in a lower tier to them).

Stratfield Brake isn’t a nice to have - it’s the only show in town for our football club as we know it. Being a Championship club (or at least genuinely knocking on the door with sell-outs) when this is being determined will only strengthen that cause so spending our significant playing budget kitty is also important for the long-term, as well as the next season or two.

Exactly this.

Everything is in our favour for this move to happen. The location, the politics, the groundwork to date, the timing and - most importantly - the financial weight behind. It’s genuinely a once in a generation opportunity.

But if it doesn’t happen - and nothing is ever certain - then we’re not going to get this opportunity again. Our current owners won’t stick around and any prospective owners with any sort of ambition and wealth (and a brain cell) wouldn’t touch us with a twenty foot punting pole.

At which point we’d be pretty much in AFC Oxford United territory. Ironically, we might end up with a new ground but it’d likely be something akin to a ground share with City (with us playing in a lower tier to them).

Stratfield Brake isn’t a nice to have - it’s the only show in town for our football club as we know it.
Well said

You really think Kyle Joseph was sat up in the stands using a VPN to watch Sheff Weds on his phone, while he was up in the stands watching us? You think Martin would have sent a loan prospect out for the day to get an inside scoop on how an opposing team will play? Like it’s inside information, and he’s not a professional football manager with access to all of this information!?

I’ve seen some shite on this forum, but that’s right up there. Give me strength! [emoji28][emoji849]

I reckon the ifollow comment might have been a joke....

Just seen Joseph is 6'1, about time we had some form of a target upfront. Does my head in when we run out of options and resort to pinging it up to 5'8 Taylor who I'll add does well in the air for his size but Taylor should really be the man chasing after the flick on's not the one flicking it on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom