Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s fair enough can’t disagree with your opinions on that there right but do think a new goalkeeper could make a difference as well we’ve had Stevens/Eastwood together for 4 seasons now Eastwood has been much better this season where as I think Stevens has gone backwards & needs replacing with better (if clubs higher up are still rumoured to be interested in him in the summer I would cash in on him)
Certainly not opposed to a new keeper, but I think both have just about enough credit in the bank for me. A full pre season and we might see Stevens able to recapture his form from before his glandular fever, and Easty is a really solid backup who will really push the first choice keeper. But I'm also of the opinion if a player can be improved on you should improve on them so I wouldn't be opposed if we cashed in on Stevens (assuming anyone is interested) and brought in someone better; not that I could name a keeper that will be available for a reasonable price that would be enough of an improvement on the two we have. Like CB, for me it's a much lower priority than CDM and full back.

Can't say I didn't get sick to death of seeing shots from distance going into the far bottom corner every time, so this definitely needs looking at in pre season if we don't buy another keeper. But this can also be helped somewhat by having a proper CDM who can stop the shot coming in in the first place.

10 assists, 11 goal involvements. Only Taylor, Sykes, brannagan better, Holland has the same.

I’m not saying break the bank for him, if we don’t get him I won’t be upset or annoyed, but keeping the front line that has scored more goals than anybody else isn’t a bad idea surely? I’d say whyte hasn’t been his best, and to be our 3rd most productive player when not at best, can’t be too bad!

Certainly not opposed to a new keeper, but I think both have just about enough credit in the bank for me. A full pre season and we might see Stevens able to recapture his form from before his glandular fever, and Easty is a really solid backup who will really push the first choice keeper. But I'm also of the opinion if a player can be improved on you should improve on them so I wouldn't be opposed if we cashed in on Stevens (assuming anyone is interested) and brought in someone better; not that I could name a keeper that will be available for a reasonable price that would be enough of an improvement on the two we have. Like CB, for me it's a much lower priority than CDM and full back.

Can't say I didn't get sick to death of seeing shots from distance going into the far bottom corner every time, so this definitely needs looking at in pre season if we don't buy another keeper. But this can also be helped somewhat by having a proper CDM who can stop the shot coming in in the first place.

Both Stevens and Eastwood are ok, Eastwood the better shop stopper , penalty saver, Stevens better at sweeping up. The problem is none of them are demanding in their box from crosses and both can't kick that great.

Stevens could get better if he was pushed by a similar style keeper but that won't happen with Eastwood.

Maybe loan Eastwood out and loan in a better younger keeper to push Jack on.

has it been confirmed as yet (officially) that it will be up to 5 subs in EFL league games next season?

if that does come in will the EFL powers that be taking another look at the squad size cap for L1 & L2 sides, with a view to increasing them by 2 or 3 players ?

and maybe redefine the exemption for home grown assets from u21s to u23s?

Premiership & Championship both have 25 man squads + under 21 not included in that which needs to be the same throughout the EFL + the premiership have a 20 man squad for match day’s

Premiership & Championship both have 25 man squads + under 21 not included in that which needs to be the same throughout the EFL + the premiership have a 20 man squad for match day’s
Completely agree that both limits should be mirrored throughout the EFL. Allowing a matchday squad of 20 and up to 5 subs would encourage clubs to select more u21's on the bench and will improve youth development.

I also think that homegrown players should be excluded from squad limits to give players longer to find their way into the first team.

Finn Azaz won young player of the year for league 2 CM on loan from villa to Newport I would like to think that’s a player we would be looking to sign next season ?

After relatively short transfer windows the last two seasons this one is going to seem like it goes on for ever (without what should of been the distraction of a World Cup for a month).

At least there will be plenty of comings and goings to keep it interesting, I reckon 9 in/out minimum, huge summer for Robinsons future.

A new, experienced, first team ready back four and goalkeeper should be the priority followed by Baldock and replacements for Sykes and Brannagan. That'll be 8 incoming which is about par.

I wonder if Robinson will start his dealings in the transfer market early, now that he can?
Hhhhmmmmm……

I wonder if Robinson will start his dealings in the transfer market early, now that he can?
Hhhhmmmmm……
depends on how many realistic transfer targets arent still involved in respective playoff games for the next few weeks

Bristol City's Pearson watched 'transfer targets' in our game vs MK. Not mentioned in the article, but Moore played 60 odd games under him whilst playing in Belgium - along with the ex-Leicester connections.

Bristol City's Pearson watched 'transfer targets' in our game vs MK. Not mentioned in the article, but Moore played 60 odd games under him whilst playing in Belgium - along with the ex-Leicester connections.

Bristol City finances mean they’re very close to big issues so won’t have any money to spend this summer supposedly

Internet football Forum getting fixated by, and often misquoting, a run of the mill soundbite?

Here we go again!
Did you read the article?

Planning for next term is already well under way and Robinson knows the U’s must move quickly as they seek to build a squad capable of challenging for promotion again.

United’s head coach said: “The big thing for me and the board members is not to stand still.

“We can’t sit back and take things on the chin.

“It’s about making sure that we’re more aggressive in so many ways to make sure we have that power, pace and consistency that we maybe lack at certain stages.

“You’ve got to make sure that you do the right things.

“It’s now ultra-aggressive, no time to rest.

“We’ll have our holidays but between now and then it’s about being ultra-aggressive in the transfer market, really homing in on what you want and not hanging around.”

Did you read the article?

Planning for next term is already well under way and Robinson knows the U’s must move quickly as they seek to build a squad capable of challenging for promotion again.

United’s head coach said: “The big thing for me and the board members is not to stand still.

“We can’t sit back and take things on the chin.

“It’s about making sure that we’re more aggressive in so many ways to make sure we have that power, pace and consistency that we maybe lack at certain stages.

“You’ve got to make sure that you do the right things.

“It’s now ultra-aggressive, no time to rest.

“We’ll have our holidays but between now and then it’s about being ultra-aggressive in the transfer market, really homing in on what you want and not hanging around.”
We seem to identify targets but then not sign them. I hope all the practicalities are in place to allow signings to be tied up, and it's not just Karl on the mobile.

Bristol City finances mean they’re very close to big issues so won’t have any money to spend this summer supposedly
Hadn't heard about that - maybe Sykes interest then? Could be a cheap COD replacement for them (bring him home etc etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom